I'm joining the club of Viber on BlackBerry Passport.

Had some issues to receive the mighty activation SMS but this is what worked out for me:

1) Downloaded from video's description
    Viber Part 1 (which is v.2.3. something) and
    Viber Part 2 (which is v.4.2. something)

2) Downloaded @ahhhlain Viber v. 5.6.5.1885 (named part 3 for short below)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb1q4fwo2x...droid.apk?dl=0

3) Opened Viber on PC. Checked all conversations to update themselves for new names/pictures/etc. Have the application running throughout the next steps.

4) Copied Viber part 1, part 2 and part 3 on my device.

Now:
    5) Open file manager and install Viber part 1. When ready press OK for "Contacts" request and enter your phone number. It would ask you for application update. Close the app.
    6) Return to File Manager -> open Viber part 2 -> use it as an Update. When ready Open it. Enter phone number and wait for SMS. Enter the Activation SMS. The application would crash and pressing OK would close it.
    7) Return to File Manager for one last time -> open Viber part 3 -> Press Update and wait to install. Open the application. You are ready.

N.B. If for some reason you don't receive an activation code uninstall Viber, restart your device and start over.

Viber 5.6.5.1885 confirmed working on
    BlackBerry Passport SE OS v.10.3.3.3057
    ahhhlain likes this.
    01-21-18 04:17 PM
    I have an issues with viber on my passport.
    installed version 5.6.5.1885 works satisfactory, what I don't get is I can not see when my contact is typing the message...thats very annoying . I have os 10.3.3

what can I do?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 01:31 PM
    I have an issues with viber on my passport.
    installed version 5.6.5.1885 works satisfactory, what I don't get is I can not see when my contact is typing the message...thats very annoying . I have os 10.3.3

what can I do?

Posted via CB10
    unfortunately, you will have to get used to it ...

Posted via CB10
    02-11-18 03:33 AM
    get used to it...hm ok thats what I will have to.
    one more thing regarding the visibility of my viber contacts.
    I have one contact where I am unable to see the current status, I am not blocked but still not visible to me. not all the time but regarding all my other contacts not always visible.
    any sugesstions on this issue? should I reinstall the app?
    I use version 5.6.5.1885
    this is very important to me so please give me few hints.
    thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-12-18 10:06 AM
    get used to it...hm ok thats what I will have to.
    one more thing regarding the visibility of my viber contacts.
    I have one contact where I am unable to see the current status, I am not blocked but still not visible to me. not all the time but regarding all my other contacts not always visible.
    any sugesstions on this issue? should I reinstall the app?
    I use version 5.6.5.1885
    this is very important to me so please give me few hints.
    thanks

Posted via CB10
    If Viber is really that important to you, use an Android or iOS device. You're supposed to spend your time communicating with your contacts/enjoying the app, not jumping through hoops just to make it barely functional.
    02-12-18 10:22 AM
    that will not happen! passport is the only device I will ever use. I do not want a perfect viber functionality but at least the basics should work. anyway thanks fot the reply

Posted via CB10
    02-12-18 10:32 AM
    What do you mean by "not visible"? You can't see the status, i.e. if the contact is online or what?
    02-12-18 01:40 PM
    I can not see the status under my contact. I am not blocked however. under my other contacts I can see the status. bit strange. is it possible that the contact has shut down the phone? no possibility to call and ask. just curious what the reason can be?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-18 02:21 PM
    I don't know if the contact is online! I send a message but I haven't revieved delivered confirmation

Posted via CB10
    02-12-18 02:22 PM
    can someone tell me what happen with the status of contacts when the phone is shut off? as I mentioned before one of my contacts has no status at all. can the shut off be the reason for that? thx

Posted via CB10
    02-14-18 02:27 AM
    Hello All !
    at least, VIBER 5.6.5. is installed on Passport SE and almost work
    When I try to send or receive a voice message, I get notified that "there is not enough memory..". Of course i have check and clear all cache, but all the same, can`t send or heard the voice message. In fact, there is a huge of memory on both the device and the SD. Why and what do i have to do. Thanks! p/s ...started bothering with soft problems. perhaps to think about selling
    04-27-18 03:05 AM
    Hello All !
    at least, VIBER 5.6.5. is installed on Passport SE and almost work
    When I try to send or receive a voice message, I get notified that "there is not enough memory..". Of course i have check and clear all cache, but all the same, can`t send or heard the voice message. In fact, there is a huge of memory on both the device and the SD. Why and what do i have to do. Thanks! p/s ...started bothering with soft problems. perhaps to think about selling
    I got the same error but only when I tried to send voice messages but im good. Viber is still working on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-18 07:50 AM
    I got the same error but only when I tried to send voice messages but im good. Viber is still working on my Passport.

Posted via CB10

I have this problem when I try to send a voice message and when I try to get a voice message from someone.

Other functions of the Viber - printed messages, photos, etc. work fine
    05-08-18 04:03 AM
138 ... 456