I'm on a Z10 on Verizon in the USA. Anyone tried running a Passport on the Verizon network?. If it works we (3 of us) may get the Passport when it's time for an upgrade...March 30 for two of us...now for the third.

Edit: Just read in another post that someone saw a Verizon Passport being tested! Let's hope it comes to fruition!

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 10-04-14 at 06:18 AM.
    09-30-14 02:42 AM
    For the 1000th time, no it won't work. Only Verizon branded phones are allowed on the network.
    Brian Scasta and rambo47 like this.
    09-30-14 03:30 AM
    I finally got fed up and upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S5. I've been with Blackberry for years and I'm SOOO irritated at them. Verizon has always sold Blackberry's as they were released. Not this time. Blackberry fault or Verizon's, I don't care. I can't have one. My entire family is on 1 Verizon account and I can't switch just because it's not being sold by them and where we travel to in Kentucky, we only get reception with Verizon.
    I truly am upset even as I type this! I realize I'm not their target user, but I've been a loyal one. IF it EVER comes to Verizon, I will be there the moment the store opens on release day to get mine. Until then, I must sink to being an Android reluctant user. VERY reluctant.
    09-30-14 10:36 AM
    For the 1000th time, no it won't work. Only Verizon branded phones are allowed on the network.
    Wow, I'm on Crackberry every single day...Guess I missed all One Thousand Posts about Verizon not getting the Passport. Sorry you had to be the 1000th one to say so. Thanks for your quick reply...

Mic_JP and pttptppt like this.
    09-30-14 04:25 PM
    We never got the Torch... Also until recently... Historically BlackBerry took forever to get a new device on Verizon. I can't say it is ever wise. You want the USA back? It needs to be on Verizon.
    09-30-14 07:49 PM
    Wow, I'm on Crackberry every single day...Guess I missed all One Thousand Posts about Verizon not getting the Passport. Sorry you had to be the 1000th one to say so. Thanks for your quick reply...

I just did a quick search... 1000 is an exaggeration... more like 600. Including a thread with a title something like "once and for all, will the passport work on verizon on not?".
    09-30-14 08:06 PM
    I just did a quick search... 1000 is an exaggeration... more like 600. Including a thread with a title something like "once and for all, will the passport work on verizon on not?".
    the thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...on-not-961165/
    09-30-14 08:10 PM
    I finally got fed up and upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S5. I've been with Blackberry for years and I'm SOOO irritated at them. Verizon has always sold Blackberry's as they were released. Not this time. Blackberry fault or Verizon's, I don't care. I can't have one. My entire family is on 1 Verizon account and I can't switch just because it's not being sold by them and where we travel to in Kentucky, we only get reception with Verizon.
    I truly am upset even as I type this! I realize I'm not their target user, but I've been a loyal one. IF it EVER comes to Verizon, I will be there the moment the store opens on release day to get mine. Until then, I must sink to being an Android reluctant user. VERY reluctant.
    Patience young padwan, maybe BlackBerry is working on a cdma model for Verizon.

Why Verizon uses such a medieval tech for their network is truly beyond me. I can understand your frustration though, I'd be pissed if my carrier continued to use an outdated tech for their network therefore limiting my choice of BlackBerry devices.

If I was you, I'd really look into changing to a gsm network so at least you can buy the handset u really want.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:37 PM
    From what I am understanding (rumors).....the classic will be Verizon while passport is AT&T....hope they are rumors because it just doesn't make sense
    Personally, it sux, guess time will tell....i would switch but AT&T service in my area is horrible.....lol....maybe I should move

" The sleeping giant is about to wake up " Me
    09-30-14 08:46 PM
    I'm HOPING that the Passport will come to Verizon in the same manner as the Z30. Global launch on GSM carriers, then about a month and a half later it came to Verizon. If Passport follows that pattern we could see it mid- to late-November. Fingers crossed!!
    Mic_JP likes this.
    09-30-14 10:40 PM
    In the past, with *most* exclusive deals, AT&T had a limited time exclusive. The troubling exception was the BlackBerry Torch. Other carriers got a "Torch" as well but it was a completely different device - shouldn't have been called Torch. My hope is that Verizon pesters BlackBerry enough and commits to enough units to get Passport. By giving Verizon the Classic as an exclusive and AT&T the Passport, BlackBerry will lose half the potential North American user base for each. VZ and ATT are roughly the same size. I know BlackBerry has a new strategy that emphasizes enterprise, but I don't think that strategy includes alienating half your potential audience.
    Mic_JP and joan006 like this.
    10-01-14 09:37 AM
    I think the exclusivity term we may never know exactly. Because in the end what other GSM carrier in the USA would pick the Passport up? If it came to Verizon we would never really know exactly when the agreement ended with AT&T as Verizon requires new hardware.

I fully expect voice over LTE on Verizon will end this endless torture when BlackBerry releases a new phone. Besides the storm... We always get the devices late or not at all.
    10-09-14 08:21 PM