Is there a way to get the Verizon Messages android app on the Passport?
    11-17-14 05:08 PM
    What's Verizon Messages? First time I've heard of it after being with VZW for years... Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:18 PM
    So, it's available using Snap, but it says that in order to use it you need to have a Verizon Wireless account. Unfortunately the Passport currently available will not work on Verizon as it has no CDMA band support. So, while technically you could still use the app, I'm not sure how feasible it is since you need to have a VZW number.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:22 PM
    I've been using this app for the past two weeks that I have had my Passport. Yes you can get it via snap and if you have a VZW account then you can have it sync the text messages you receive from your VZW account to the app.

It works quite well, the only issue I have is sometimes it will not automatically notify me when I get a text, you have to have it running all the time in order to get messages incoming in realtime.

It's a great work around if you want to use the Passport but don't want to give up your VZW account just yet. I also forward all my calls to my tmobile number so I don't need to carry my Z10 around.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:03 PM
    Could we get some assistance as to how you got this working?

I tried the Snap version, did not work. So I removed Google Services ect., still not working for me.

Thank You
    11-18-14 02:04 PM
    What OS are you using on your Passport? Also, when you enter the app make sure you go to the settings screen and add your number to the integrated messages option.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:24 PM
    I've been using this app for the past two weeks that I have had my Passport. Yes you can get it via snap and if you have a VZW account then you can have it sync the text messages you receive from your VZW account to the app.

It works quite well, the only issue I have is sometimes it will not automatically notify me when I get a text, you have to have it running all the time in order to get messages incoming in realtime.

It's a great work around if you want to use the Passport but don't want to give up your VZW account just yet. I also forward all my calls to my tmobile number so I don't need to carry my Z10 around.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying that you are on Verizon with a BlackBerry Passport???

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 04:19 AM
    Are you saying that you are on Verizon with a BlackBerry Passport???

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    No, that's not what he's saying.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:08 AM
    10.3.1.1031 is my passport version. I don't have the option to input a cell number. I just get "we were unable to connect your device to Synchronize..."

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 12:21 PM
    Can we get some more info on this? It won't work. The app gets onto the phone but will not sync etc.
    12-01-14 11:51 AM
    I will redo the process and write a step by step process tonight.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:16 PM
    Thank you so much. Sorry for the trouble.
    12-01-14 02:01 PM
    Hey my apologies for the late reply, I hope this helps.

When you open the app for the first time you should see the following screen:

Attachment 320704

Then the following screen where you enter your Verizon number.:

Verizon Messages app?-img_20141202_193445.png

And finally checking for the text on your phone. At this point you should get the text on your passport when you finish this process.

Verizon Messages app?-img_20141202_193537.png

Now I have not had any problem with this on the first OS (.908 I think) and the current one that I'm using (.1151).

I did have trouble when I tried this with my Z10 but it was a different OS but it has always worked with my Passport so I don't think it will be a problem.

Also, the app pulls contacts from your sim so if none of your contacts are linked that way when you get an incoming text it won't display the senders name.

If you have any problems let me know and hopefully we can troubleshoot.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:45 AM
    @misdeismo
    Thanks for your reply. No matter which apk or bar I end up using it gives me a message "We were unable to connect your device synchronize with Verzon Integrated Messaging service. You can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application."

Is it possible for you to send me your apk (or bar) that you used?

The whole idea is to have the Passport on Tmobile but be able to use Verizon Messages on the passport (which my other line is on Verizon)

Thank you!
    02-11-15 03:14 PM
    I got Verizon Messages with Snap and cannot get it to work either. When I open the app, I don't see the screen where you enter your Verizon number. I'd like to be able to get my Z30 VZW texts on my Passport until my VZW contract is up. Then I will port the number to ATT.
    Thanks!
    02-22-15 02:52 PM
    I just wish Verizon would get the Passport.
    02-22-15 03:12 PM
    misdeismo Are you running the most current version of the BB10 OS? Is the Messages+ app still working? Like others in the thread, I can't get it to bring me to the section where I can enter my subscriber information.

Is there anyone else who was the Passport (preferably on T-Mobile) with the latest OS and has this working?

Thanks!
    03-02-15 12:19 PM
    Has anyone been able to get this to work? I am using a Passport on T-Mobile with software release 10.3.1.1779. I downloaded the app from Snap, but cannot register my device with the VZW Integrated Messaging Service.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    05-18-15 12:23 PM
    I thought pageplus uses verizon's gsm network, wouldn't that get you a verizon "account"?
    05-18-15 07:11 PM
    I thought pageplus uses verizon's gsm network, wouldn't that get you a verizon "account"?
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    05-18-15 09:01 PM
    Page Plus customers get Verizon's LTE network (without Verizon LTE pricing) - WhistleOut
    It's fairly new, a few months old. I found out about the plan when I went into a local mobile store to check out plans

I'm on ATT since that network works better but page plus on verizon is getting good reviews too. And cricket is slightly cheaper and I don't use much data anyways.

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/acc...nano-sim-card/

Might as well make a list of the mvnos that I looked into and thought were good
    -Harbor Mobile (T-Mobile network) - cheap, gets unlimited music streaming (doesn't count against data limit), also has free international 2g data
    -Cricket (AT&T) - because I haven't found a better/cheaper ATT one
    -Page Plus (Verizon) - So far, best of the Verizon GSM plans that I've seen
    -Mobal (T-mobile) - good for international users. and gives harbor a good run for prices too

edit some more: anyways, stop into the local phone deal stores that sell a variety of plans (I mean not the company stores/etc). There are a few around me, local guys just working their shop. They carry plans for a lot of the mvnos too, some I never heard of. There's pretty much sim cards for all of the carriers now.
    Last edited by eyeb; 05-18-15 at 10:29 PM.
    05-18-15 10:05 PM