I know this has been discussed somewhat before but has anyone had success getting the Verizon Messages app to work on the passport?

I use Verizon and essentially just want to use my Passport as a tablet - WiFi only.

I've downloaded the app through Google play but it never supplies the opportunity to input my phone number in order to link it.

I suspect the app realizes it's on an att phone so it doesn't go all the way - but am curious if anyone has had some success!
    01-25-16 09:28 AM
    Not going to work without Verizon putting the device in it's database. You would need help from a Verizon tech and even then I doubt you would get it to work. (plus I doubt they would be willing to help you). At some point in the future Verizon will phase out CDMA and go all LTE (and whatever replaces it) and at THAT point it might work, but that is at LEAST a year or 2 away.
    01-25-16 12:11 PM