05-25-15 10:39 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    That looks bad on BlackBerry, really.
    It does.

The guy claimed he used to be a BlackBerry user though and that he loved it, had no idea even as a former user that the device switch option existed. He also was unaware you could back up your contacts to a Gmail account and that would import to a phone. That would be a function that works on all platforms that he didn't know existed. So in this case I'd say he was probably just undertrained for his job in general.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:26 PM
    Wow, I wish I lived near you pro people. I live in Arizona, so if any of you travel this way, I will wait to get my phone! A few have offered video help - what is that?
    I live in AZ as well, send me a PM. We could be close and I'll help you out for a meager $1000/hr.

Jk I'd be happy to walk you through the process. Like others have said it's really not difficult, you're psyching yourself out because it's uncharted territory you're venturing in to.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 07:30 PM
    Wow, I wish I lived near you pro people. I live in Arizona, so if any of you travel this way, I will wait to get my phone! A few have offered video help - what is that?

RL Turn 77 - Thank you or the in depth directions. I really do want to try doing it all myself and set it up first before I switch over - That sounds like the best way and I didn't know that was even possible. I didn't understand half of what you said, so I am going to print it out and Wikipedia it all (hey, it is my only hope...). I have been looking into whether I want the original or AT&T version and am 99% sure I know what I will do.

Ugh, the more research I do on switching over (carriers and operating systems), the more I realize just how little I know about the whole phone world.

On a side note, I met with the business Rep last week at AT&T to talk business plans and he was much better than the 2 workers I met a few days prior. Although he did say BB was on its way out, which is why they didn't have demo phones or much support. He said he had a BB years ago and loved it but when he started working for AT&T he switched to Android. He knew nothing about the PP and had never seen it. At least he didn't try to talk me into a phone I didn't want.

Another note - why do a few people in this thread ask if my experience is true? I know there is lying on dating websites, but on a help forum? Does that happen a lot on here? I am new to this forum.

Thanks again to all. I live in ARIZONA, if any of you know of a good I.T. person to help me out this way.
    I would be more than happy to help you further as best I can from across the country lol. Do you have BBM on your current device? If so I will send you my PIN via PM (private message) that way it will be easier to communicate with you if you do decide to take a leap of faith. I've setup every BB10 device in my family from Android and Apple to BlackBerry. I think it would be best for you to get the device and set it up over WiFi until you have it the way you want then you can put in the nano-sim and activate the Passport when you are ready rather than just switching immediately and causing yourself unnecessary frustration. I wouldn't mind walking you through each step if need be. Let me know and I'll send you my BBM PIN and you can add me and I can offer help/tips much easier through BBM.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 10:53 PM
    Completely opposite to my experience at a local Bell Mobility store in Waterloo Canada.

I went in being interested in not only the Passport, but the Sony Xperia Z3.

The store only had dummy units for both, but I was most surprised that the rep was actually pushing the Passport over the Xperia.

She sung it's praises and was quite knowledgeable about all the features (I didn't let on that I have been a BB10 user).

And when she was done her spiel about the Passport, I was even more shocked when she went back and grabbed a live Passport and brought it out to me, so I could play with it.

She also said we have the new Leap if you're interested in a full touch screen and that it was just released today, and brought one of those out too.

Now I know Waterloo Canada is BlackBerry's home turf, but I can tell you this rep was the polar opposite of the rep who helped me with my Z10 shortly after BB10's release.

I kept trying to change the discussion to the Xperia only to have her jump right back pushing the Passport.

Overall, it was a hugely positive experience and quite shocking, in a fantastic way.

BTW, the Passport is an absolutely beautiful phone and BB10 isn't a complicated OS to learn compared to iOS or Android.

Like most have said, Crackberry is an awesome source of information or help and the community here are passionate and well versed in how-tos and set up help.

You won't go wrong with the Passport, and I can tell you, I've got two of them on order and awaiting delivery (although the rep was awesome, Shopblackberry.Com had a better deal)

Go order one...you won't be disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 06:35 AM
    I'm just surprised that the OP has seemingly researched the PP so much and gone to such great lengths. Can't see how he or she will not end up buying one. If I liked something that bad and invested so much effort into it, I would have already bought it long ago.

You'll be ok figuring anything out once you get the PP with all the support here.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:39 PM
80 ... 234