I should poke around the patent filings.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Then this should be very interesting for you:

http://berryflow.com/2014/03/blackbe...board-overlay/

Have fun...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 09:10 PM
    Try this, different embed. It's a bunch of developer mumbo jumbo but you'll get the point... it's far from normal.

http://i.imgur.com/SVIVTV4.jpg
    It's funny, a lot of "NDAed" guys keep telling around that this is not possible...
    Where is dejanh when you need him?

It's just a regular keyboard mixed with virtual keys... mapping? Too advanced.
    06-22-14 12:39 PM
    Remember that whole innovation fiasco with the Blackberry storm...... well lets hope it's not too similar to that experience because at the end of the day i want an uninterrupted typing experience as i mostly text and email from my blackberry and anything that slows me down also slows my business down!
    06-22-14 01:03 PM
    Remember that whole innovation fiasco with the Blackberry storm...... well lets hope it's not too similar to that experience because at the end of the day i want an uninterrupted typing experience as i mostly text and email from my blackberry and anything that slows me down also slows my business down!
    Trust me, the additions to the capabilities of the keyboard are not getting in the way of your day to day productivity. It's just making you even more productive with eliminating some annoying experiences while using a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 04:00 PM
    okay stop it you guys...making me just want to hang out outside the gate at Waterloo until release time.....
    06-22-14 07:43 PM
    Thanks for sharing this. Hope the company deploys "BlackBerry experts" in store to demo the product once it's available. Surely there will be a learning curve for this one.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:57 PM
    I think even more people than what did would have taken to it if they had of demo'd it.
    Had to read that half a dozen times. Use normal English, this isn't a god damn midevil theatrical play.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:04 PM
    Had to read that half a dozen times. Use normal English, this isn't a god damn midevil theatrical play.

Posted via CB10
    Medieval* ;P
    Umaima_B_Dia and dmlis like this.
    06-22-14 08:34 PM
    I want the passport, just the passport and nothing else...!
    06-22-14 08:52 PM
    It was great witnessing Mr. Chen's orchestrated earnings week. It just seemed to flow and provided Non-Stop positive news day after day. He comes across as if it's all on the fly, but in reality, it takes precision planning and extreme discipline to pull this off. This is obviously a different BlackBerry now. The best part? This is just the beginning. Now that the worst of Mr. Chen's duties is nearly over, we now get to see how he really operates without heavy burden over his head.

As for him giving us just a teaser video of the new products, it had to be done. Especially in regards to the "Passport". With only unfinished renderings of the device available, BlackBerry would have had months of bad press moving forward. Just cruise the net now. The news is very upbeat. Yes, the Passport is still a mystery in some eyes, but that's a major asset leading up to the London launch. It was also a smart move to hold back showing how the keyboard works. You need something at launch to regenerate buzz.

All in all, I can now say that Mr. Chen is the best BlackBerry could have hoped for. It's still early, but really? Who else would you want running the show at this point?

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    currentodysseys likes this.
    06-22-14 09:06 PM
    Thanks for sharing this. Hope the company deploys "BlackBerry experts" in store to demo the product once it's available. Surely there will be a learning curve for this one.

Posted via CB10
    I was one of the in-store demo reps for BlackBerry for the past year. It's a great program, but the problem is once you leave the store, sales associates sell the easiest phones, not the ones they have to take time to explain to the consumer.

If the passport can do what it can, it will take sales incentives and free units to stores to give away to SAs as bribes. Sounds silly given the price point of product, but that's a drop in the bucket to really push BlackBerry over Apple and Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:11 PM
    It's funny, a lot of "NDAed" guys keep telling around that this is not possible...
    Where is dejanh when you need him?

It's just a regular keyboard mixed with virtual keys... mapping? Too advanced.
    I'm right here. What would you like to ask me?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-22-14 09:11 PM
    Tap capability and the cursor is surprising. Add with it the amazon app and 10.3. Who wants to buy a 4-month old Q10? Free shipping. -)

BBQ10
    06-22-14 09:13 PM
    Hey guys regarding how word prediction will work with the keyboard, im pretty sure i read it here somewhere that it will be a swipe up on the keyboard too. Like how on android you get those bars on top that breaks down the the predicted words into 3 main ones, then you just tap it. For this keyboard, you get that top bar displayed for you in the actual screen you are in, and then you swipe up on the area on the keyboard that its located under. The keyboard gets broken down into 3 "zones" corresponding to the 3 areas on the keyboard below the suggested words. So you just swipe up on the keyboard from one of those zones and you get a word replaced for you.

im not sure where exactly i read it here on CB but it must be one of the earlier pieces on it. I dont know if this is true or not but it that is how the word prediction works then, thats totally amazing! It kinda makes sense too and previous users of BB10 will know precisely how to utilize it.
    06-22-14 09:20 PM
    Best part of the phone is you can use it in any orientation and still use the keyboard to scroll...
    06-22-14 10:49 PM
    The thing that rings alarm bells for me is the lack of SHIFT and ALT. I don't care how cool and innovative your keyboard is in theory - because in practice the quickest way to use punctuation is to hit ALT and a key, and the quickest way to select text is to hold SHIFT and touch the text on my Q10.

Without SHIFT and ALT these two things are going to become really tedious. I can't see how they'd implement punctuation in a way that is more efficient than the ALT key?
    06-23-14 04:48 AM
    Woo who the Cheif editor like my post!! hope thats a hint maybe that i am right?
    06-23-14 07:24 AM
    call me a crazed fanatic but i dream of this phone and have a countdown going on. this is gonna be true innovation, not just an updated Bold. this will silence the naysayers that bash blackberry. we will all have something that is truly new and innovative. not a galaxy sX or iphone xS
    06-23-14 10:43 AM
    I can't wait to see the Passport in person. It really is starting to grow on me. It looks more premium than the "Windermere" concepts that we saw previously... and I'm also trying to figure out how the capactive keys would work? My brain is stuck thinking that the texture of the keyboard will be like the Q10, which I can't imagine being nice to use for scrolling or cursor placement. I gotta see this thing in action!

Anyone have any insight?
    06-23-14 02:41 PM
    I can't wait to see the Passport in person. It really is starting to grow on me. It looks more premium than the "Windermere" concepts that we saw previously... and I'm also trying to figure out how the capactive keys would work? My brain is stuck thinking that the texture of the keyboard will be like the Q10, which I can't imagine being nice to use for scrolling or cursor placement. I gotta see this thing in action!

Anyone have any insight?
    From pictures it kind of seems that the keys are a little flatter or smoother than the Q10.. possibly missing the dimples their keyboards have had for ages. Even if this is not the case, I am running my finger lightly over-top of my Q10 keyboard now and its really not that tough.
    06-23-14 05:41 PM
45 12