Hey just wanted to know the experience from the new passport owners how it feels to actually use the passport with one hand in respect to typing or even regular maneuvering through settings, apps etc

Saw a review but wanted to hear from a regular Joe just like me

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:48 PM
    I imagine it would be difficult? Be interesting to see
    09-24-14 08:18 PM
    I just tried with a dummy unit in a Telus store. You have to reach a bit but with left hand reached all the keys. With right hand had trouble reaching a and z but it wasn't as impossible as everyone made it sound. But the real test will be on a live unit!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 08:41 PM
    I've been playing with mine since soon and so far i've found it to work. I don't have overly large hands however i've been able to get a lot done with it while using one hand. As Blaze had mentioned in his review, when it comes to getting serious work done, I default to two hands. Luckily enough when browsing a native app built in cascades I can do the swipe back easily by at least reaching 3/4s of the way across the screen and swipe. Wasn't sure if the was a feature before as I had a q and z10 so maneuvering was easier.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 08:45 PM
    I have a live device and all though one handed typing isn't impossible it isn't easy. Not because of balancing the phone, but because your thumb can't reach the last column of keys on the opposite side of the keyboard. A little cheat trick I use is intentionally spelling the word wrong and correct it with swipe up suggestions. Doesn't always work but it helps.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:38 PM
    I have small hands...i use it with one hand while multi tasking.
    It works, you can do it. All be it a bit slow, but for like browsing and cheking things it's fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:43 PM
    I have small hands...i use it with one hand while multi tasking.
    It works, you can do it. All be it a bit slow, but for like browsing and cheking things it's fine.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, for swiping and browsing perfectly fine. I just meant for typing.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:49 PM
    Typing is okay too, just hard to reach some parts of the screen of keys. It is possible though.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:51 PM
    Small hands not a chance.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 05:01 PM
    It's hard to type with one hand but it's easy to navigate with one hand. Typing requires 2

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:03 PM
    Typing with two hands but navigating, answering calls and firing up apps works with one hand.

But I don't have small hands.

Posted via CB10 using an awesome Passport
    09-27-14 05:15 PM
    I have a Passport and it is a real challenge to use one hand but it can be done with my medium size hands. I have also found that setting it down and punching the keys with the one free hand is easiest.

Kurt
    09-27-14 05:16 PM
    I can one handed text if necessary, except the enter button is iffy and I feel like I might drop the phone when reaching for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:19 PM
    Actually I just did this post one handed and it's not as tough as you would think. I have pretty big hands but the swipe to select really helps here.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:38 PM
    I typed this whole reply with one hand... my left hand. It's definitely not as easy as other BlackBerry phones, and it's almost impossible for me to swipe to hit delete using only my left thumb..also hard to get to P.

The good thing is when the words I need to use are on the left side of the keyboard. This phone is best used with two hands.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:23 PM
    So tell me this :

If a feature was implemented that would allow you to turn the phone upside down and type on a keyboard similar to the size of the z10 keyboard ( all touch of course)
    Do you think that would help?

I seem to remember hearing that the Note phones have a one hand feature.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:18 PM
    So tell me this :

If a feature was implemented that would allow you to turn the phone upside down and type on a keyboard similar to the size of the z10 keyboard ( all touch of course)
    Do you think that would help?

I seem to remember hearing that the Note phones have a one hand feature.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. This device was built for one thing, and that's working wide. It does a good job at what it's meant to do. The phone might not be for everyone, but that's what the Classic will be for, right? I am liking my Passport a lot but I think that I might like the Classic better.

From a center of gravity standpoint this keyboard is sometimes more difficult to use.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:26 PM