One more thing to be clear: I didn't opened this topic to get lectures about safety, but to get possible solutions regarding the issue. So I would kindly ask you that you don't answers unless you have suggestions about dialing in car. Thanks.
    I use the inbuilt car steering wheel controls to make and take calls
    05-08-15 01:58 AM
    I hope the OP isn't a truck driver. Last thing we need is a truck driver trying to figit with his phone to make a call and wreck. I see car wrecks almost every day that are a result from distracted driving. You shouldn't be using the phone at all. If you do, pull off. Yes, I'm going to lecture you, because one minute your dialing your Passport to make a call, and then look up to see cars stopped ahead on the freeway, and boom! You never take another breath again. Or...... you take the life of some innocent person. It's just a phone call.

Posted via CB10
    Pull over and make your call. People like you are the ones that don't pay attention on the road and then cause an accident taking innocent people's lives. Is it so hard to pull over for 5 minutes and make your call?
    OP is not a truck driver. OP asked for advice or solution and he specially told, that he don't need to be lectured. So please mind your own business as you know nothing about OP.

On topic.
    I already forgot about this topic and the most important thing for operating phone in car is good phone holder. I go for Brodit. It is excellent holder, solid mount and the way I mounted it in the car, I can basically operate the phone with my hands on the steering wheel. It is at least safe as operating car radio.

Some pictures:
    Using passport in car-img_20150508_074650.jpg

Using passport in car-img_20150508_074717.jpg
    05-08-15 10:54 AM
    He did say it, but im sure there are people like this in every profession... and worse.
    I was more alluding to the fact that someone who is teaching youths is vocal about the fact that he blogs while driving.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 02:53 PM
    OP is not a truck driver. OP asked for advice or solution and he specially told, that he don't need to be lectured. So please mind your own business as you know nothing about OP.
    OP has asked for advice in a public forum (in which nobody is being paid). He is allotted only civility, nothing more. No one here has earned the right to be excused from criticism.

And this isn't exactly a thread about pictures of dogs or kids taken with a BB10 camera where you have one guy saying rude things. This is a thread about a controversial subject that could pose a danger to people's lives. I think the mixed response has been appropriate and predictable. But that's just my opinion (because this is a public forum and that's generally how it's suppose to work).
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 05-08-15 at 03:12 PM.
    05-08-15 02:56 PM
    OP has asked for advice in a public forum (in which nobody is being paid, mind you). He is allotted only civility, nothing more. No one here has earned the right to be excused from criticism.

Posted via CB10
    On public forums it is expected to stay on topic. OP didn't ask anything illegal, just the best way (or safest if you want) to use passport in the car. I will not explaining why some of us are making phone calls while driving, as I assume you want understand. It is pointless. So, again thanks a lot for anyone who suggested holders, who tried to help with dialling tips etc. "Problem" is solved and we are making calls as safe as possible now

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 03:17 PM
    On public forums it is expected to stay on topic. OP didn't ask anything illegal, just the best way (or safest if you want) to use passport in the car. I will not explaining why some of us are making phone calls while driving, as I assume you want understand. It is pointless. So, again thanks a lot for anyone who suggested holders, who tried to help with dialling tips etc. "Problem" is solved and we are making calls as safe as possible now

Posted via CB10
    It's on topic. There is no safe way too use a Passport while driving. People have been making comments to that effect.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 05-08-15 at 06:58 PM.
    AluminiumRims likes this.
    05-08-15 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ok well I hope you live here in Canada in Ontario and get a ticket for putting your hands on your phone while driving! Very unsafe and putting other people's lives at risk plus your own. No one in this world is important enough to be dialing while you are driving unless you can use bluetooth to dial.

You aren't important enough to be on the phone while driving. You can wait until you are at your destination to make a call....

Posted via my Passport
    CecilTsunami likes this.
    05-08-15 06:34 PM
    I use Uconnect, I love the total hands free features for calls and text replies.

Using passport in car-img_20150511_130424.jpg
    Using passport in car-img_20150511_123850.jpg
    Using passport in car-img_20150511_124003.jpg
    Attachment 352252
    Attachment 352253

Check it out here, DriveUconnect.com maybe your screen can be switched out for one of these 8 inch in dash screens.

If you're an app guy the Uconnect app is in Snap. With it you can lock and unlock your car, start your car etc all from the app. Those are just a few of my fav' feature.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-11-15 at 01:23 PM.
    05-11-15 01:13 PM
    my car has built in Bluetooth system for hands free. the passport even recognizes my vehicle brand and offers me a dedicated car apps section on blackberry world. i either use the large touchscreen on use wheels controls to get the number i want or. i use voice assistant.
    05-11-15 01:26 PM
    My brother in law used to do that. He'd call me on his cell phone while driving with the newspaper spread out over the steering wheel. He claimed it was "OK" because he was a "Really good driver."

Apparently if you're a really good driver you don't need to see where you're going.

Posted via CB10
    He used to? What made him stop?
    05-18-15 06:08 PM
85 ... 234