All,

I have a Blackberry Passport that I quite like except for the fact it's just a little too physically large at times. I picked up a Q10 recently for use when I need to carry something a bit more pocketable. I plan to switch the SIM cards between the devices using a nanosim to microsim adapter.

Question: What considerations do I need to take into account when having multiple Blackberry devices?
    02-08-15 07:05 AM
    Switching bbm doesn't carry over chats

Also bbm and whatsapp can never be functional or both at the same time, have to be re activated every single time u switch
    02-08-15 07:21 AM
    I have the same setup. Only q10 has different number. I really like both phones. Q10 has a different sim and number.

Can't you just use a dual sim?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:49 AM
    I have done this in the past. Switching BBM is relatively easy, but you do lose any chats that you had on one device when you sign in to the next as the previous poster mentioned.

One thing I found helpful was to use an iCloud account for contacts and calendars. I use a MacBook Pro and I had previously used iOS phones as well. So I had an account. And instead of adding all the contacts and calendar events again I simply signed in with my iCloud device and sync'd those two. It's great because you don't have to fiddle with set up and if you change contact information or calendar information on one device or even on your computer (if you have a Mac) than it updates on all the devices, which is great. That way I never feel like when I swap devices that I am losing out by leaving my primary device at home!
    02-08-15 08:01 AM
    I have done this in the past. Switching BBM is relatively easy, but you do lose any chats that you had on one device when you sign in to the next as the previous poster mentioned.

One thing I found helpful was to use an iCloud account for contacts and calendars. I use a MacBook Pro and I had previously used iOS phones as well. So I had an account. And instead of adding all the contacts and calendar events again I simply signed in with my iCloud device and sync'd those two. It's great because you don't have to fiddle with set up and if you change contact information or calendar information on one device or even on your computer (if you have a Mac) than it updates on all the devices, which is great. That way I never feel like when I swap devices that I am losing out by leaving my primary device at home!
    Thanks. I've got a macbook too, and I'm using an Exchange account to keep everything synced. That seems to work pretty well also.
    02-08-15 05:08 PM