Just wanted to send out a cautionary note to all my fellow passport users....the hide pictures function in the native picture application, as of latest official AT&T 10.3.2.440, does not keep your pictures hidden when selecting an attachment to an email. This may result in some embarrassment if colleagues happen to be looking over your shoulder at work when performing this function! Hope the software is updated soon to correct this....should be a "show hidden" option when selecting attachments. And as long as I'm at it....pictures should also automatically be re-hidden when closing the picture application. Right now, if you forget to re-hide before closing, all your hidden pictures will be displayed when you re-open the picture application.
    07-13-15 08:34 AM
    Or just use a folder with a file called:
    .nomedia

Copy all the pics and you are good to go.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Carl Estes and sulcopete like this.
    07-13-15 08:37 AM
    Or just use a folder with a file called:
    .nomedia
    You sure this is correct? I get a message telling me "." can't be used as the first letter. How about /nomedia, or maybe just nomedia?
    07-13-15 08:50 AM
    The pictures show up in the file manager, and as attachment options in BBM as well. They're only "hidden" in the native Pictures app. So much for being "hidden"
    07-13-15 08:57 AM
    The pictures show up in the file manager, and as attachment options in BBM as well. They're only "hidden" in the native Pictures app. So much for being "hidden"
    Yeah it's really kind of lame....if you're going to offer the option, make sure it works, or you're better off not offering it at all.
    07-13-15 09:01 AM
    Any pics I really want hidden, I move to another folder on my encrypted media card - like Android/data/metadata/misc/error. I then re-name the files error.1; error.2, etc...

Now quite honestly, all of this goes for naught if your just going to email them. Because that other party must follow through with a similar strategy or the pics can wind up 'in the open' regardless. But if you want to rename error.6 to pic.jpg and send by secured BBM or for a 30 sec BBM, that's another story. Just remember to rename after sending.
    07-13-15 09:12 AM
    Any pics I really want hidden, I move to another folder on my encrypted media card - like Android/data/metadata/misc/error. I then re-name the files error.1; error.2, etc...
    Thanks for telling me that...can I borrow your phone? All I really wanted to do was to use the phone for work and play without too much worry. I'd also like to show off the device, since it does generate a lot of interest and questions, to colleagues, without concern of my personal stuff being displayed. Not really much to ask of a device from a company that boasts so much about security.
    07-13-15 09:32 AM
    Thanks for telling me that...can I borrow your phone? All I really wanted to do was to use the phone for work and play without too much worry. I'd also like to show off the device, since it does generate a lot of interest and questions, to colleagues, without concern of my personal stuff being displayed. Not really much to ask of a device and company that boasts so much about "security".
    You could - but those naming conventions - - I just made them up for the purpose of the post. I'm a little bit more clever on my own device.

But I get what your saying about showing the device. Though I find that people care much more about the ecosystem they are currently ion then a particular device. You may convince Q10, or Z10 folks to switch, but as much as an Iphone user may love the phone; I think, most users would really need to learn to hate their Iphones or Apple before really walking into a store and agreeing to buy into a new ecosystem whether Android or Blackberry.
    07-13-15 09:38 AM
    You sure this is correct? I get a message telling me "." can't be used as the first letter. How about /nomedia, or maybe just nomedia?

You need to create a folder and put a file in it called: .nomedia
    I think you need a computer to make this file.

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-13-15 10:48 AM

Posted via Q10Bold
    Thurask made an app that will do it for you. Check his github. And it is a bar file

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-13-15 11:18 AM

Posted via Q10Bold
    You can do this using Ghost Commander. This is how I keep my custom ringtones from being indexed in my music app too.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    -Puck- likes this.
    07-13-15 11:33 AM
    That's because when you go to attached a file, you're using the File Manager so of course you're going to see everything. As suggested above, create another folder where you want to hide your photos and when attaching a picture to an email, always select File and then navigate to your regular photos or camera folder.
    07-13-15 12:04 PM
    You can do this using Ghost Commander. This is how I keep my custom ringtones from being indexed in my music app too.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Ghost commander is awesome, it can do a ton of useful stuff.

I used it to access the hidden android settings app and change permissions before cobalt made downloads for it. Also good for making sure you uninstall the right apps since it shows both app name and package name - whose name may not always be immediately apparent, especially in Googles' case.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    07-13-15 12:15 PM