My Passport had a brief and seemingly non-problematic contact with water in the area of USB port and space key.

I've wiped it immediately, shaked it keyboard down, switched off and placed near radiator to dry it.
    And it worked at first. But then after a day I've connected it as usual to my laptop to charge and backup and it didn't charge and I was hearing constantly sounds for plugging/unplugging USB device. Rebooted the phone and it was normal for about an hour. Then popped up balloon with "USB device not recognized", phone displayed "detected power surge" message and it stopped both charging and connecting to the computerLaptop restarted, no change. It charges only when powered down or, powered on, when connected to charger from different phone (Goclever tablet).
    WTF? How to disable it? Normally I can afford to do investigation, search the Internet, but I will need the phone in two days charging from car charger as It will double as satnav and triple as wifi hotspot. It will not survive on batter alone for 20 hours.
    Anyone know how to get rid of that condition? Pretty please?
    04-23-16 02:16 PM
    Well, after fighting the phone on this issue for quite a while - drying it on hot radiators, checking any and all chargers if it would work, restarting phone, laptop and my brain - it seems the issue cleared up.
    What I did just once and never did again was to restart laptop while phone was connected to it via USB. Moment laptop beeped and started booting the phone said no software found and started charging. After that it was business as usual - Windows recognized device, BB Link started, connected to the phone and initiated weekly backup.
    Other than that - no clue. My guess would be the above and the final and thorough drying of the device helped, too.
    It's not the first time my phone contacted water in very sudden and direct way. Previously i dropped it accidentally into the bowl with clothes dipped in Vanish. For two weeks the key "Z" acted like it was shorted. But it went away one day too..

Hope this will help other souls having similar issue with their BBs.
    Well, after fighting the phone on this issue for quite a while - drying it on hot radiators, checking any and all chargers if it would work, restarting phone, laptop and my brain - it seems the issue cleared up.
    What I did just once and never did again was to restart laptop while phone was connected to it via USB. Moment laptop beeped and started booting the phone said no software found and started charging. After that it was business as usual - Windows recognized device, BB Link started, connected to the phone and initiated weekly backup.
    Other than that - no clue. My guess would be the above and the final and thorough drying of the device helped, too.
    It's not the first time my phone contacted water in very sudden and direct way. Previously i dropped it accidentally into the bowl with clothes dipped in Vanish. For two weeks the key "Z" acted like it was shorted. But it went away one day too..

Hope this will help other souls having similar issue with their BBs.
    04-24-16 02:51 AM