Hello people,

I am looking for further specs about the Passport and I can't find anything about the usb port.
    So for those who have already grabbed their lucky hands on the Passport, is it an usb OTG port? (I mean is it possible to stick in an usb memory key and then recognized as a mass-storage device by the Passport?)

The presentation during the event has seduced me. I'm currently under Android with a Nexus 5 and I have to say that the Passport is matching more my business needs ! Larger screens, physical keyboard, more autonomy and productivity tools that seem well developed. I often use the usb port to plug in my usb memory stick to access my files. So that's an important point for my usage.

I hope that the Passport manages the usb otg.

Thanks for your replies.

Enjoy your Passports, lucky geeks !
    09-24-14 05:02 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    (Or congrats on making your first posts anyway!)
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

That's a great question. I would have assumed it supported USB OTG, but now that you mention it I can't recall specifically reading that it does.
    The last higher-end BB10 device, the Z30, does USB OTG; so I really wouldn't expect them to take a step back on anything.

Hopefully someone else knows more than us and can illuminate us!
    Wrec likes this.
    09-24-14 05:19 PM
    09-24-14 05:36 PM
    Elite1 : Thank you for your warm welcome. I will update those profile's details.

Castigatore : Short and efficient reply ! Thanks !
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-25-14 02:03 AM
    You're welcome!

And btw Bla1ze did mention USB OTG in his official CrackBerry Review of Passport on CB front page.
    09-25-14 11:33 AM
    Elite1 : Thank you for your warm welcome. I will update those profile's details.

Castigatore : Short and efficient reply ! Thanks !

as soon as passport is available in the options of device
    09-25-14 11:36 AM
    You're welcome!

And btw Bla1ze did mention USB OTG in his official CrackBerry Review of Passport on CB front page.
    Oops, you're right ! I did miss this detail in Bla1ze review. Thanks for the notification.
    09-25-14 03:16 PM
    Very Interesting that Passport can recognise USB flash drive as external drive. But how to do it - are there leads available with USB female one end and microusb on other end? Also is there a limit on the size of the flash drive, ie 8/16/32 gb?
    04-27-15 08:41 AM
    It does support usb on the go. You just need a micro usb to normal size adapter. I have managed to find one in one of those shops that sell everything for a pound/euro etc. Which worked

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:51 AM
    This is the dongle that is required. I got mine off ebay for about 5$. It works great, but the USB stick must be formatted in fat32 or fat to work.
    USB OTG supported by Passport?-img_20150427_095234111.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:55 AM
    Yes it does work. I use it all the time. There's I video on this. Posted by DJ Reeves. Check it out on CB videos

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:11 AM
    It works on most BlackBerry 10 devices minus the Z10 and the Leap of I recall. It's pretty useful, but I would recommend a powered usb hub as a go between to prevent battery drain if using a larger external HD.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    barberjon likes this.
    04-27-15 09:14 AM
    Dear All: I am using BlackBerry Passport. This devise supports OTG. Just purchase an OTG connector (micro USB at one end and a USB connector at the other end). You can access a pen drive and upload or even download a file from the pen drive. Not only this you can use the OTG to supply battery power to some poor guy using a mobile with a weak battery. Just plum in the OTG and tell the other guy to take out his USB and attach in to the OTG at one end and his mobile to the other end.
    Just try it.
    These features are not advertised at all.!!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:26 AM
    I just checked and exFat, fat12 and fat32 are supported.

NTFS is not.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2729
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-27-15 05:31 PM
    Why use dongle when you can plug your USB flash disk directly to your BlackBerry Passport?

USB OTG supported by Passport?-usbotg.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Intense Soul likes this.
    04-27-15 10:30 PM
    I have noticed some usb sticks don't work with the passport but do with the z30. At first I thought it doesn't support usb otg but evidently it does, just not every kind. I dunno whether it's usb 3 or usb 2 that isn't supported but not everything works with my passport like with the z30

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:43 PM
    Assuming the Passport does support OTG. Would the lack of support for the Chord Mojo Dac/amp, be a hardware or a software issue?? And if it is a software issue, would it be something that a simple update could fix, if Blackberry had a mind to create one?
    10-09-17 12:35 PM
    Assuming the Passport does support OTG. Would the lack of support for the Chord Mojo Dac/amp, be a hardware or a software issue?? And if it is a software issue, would it be something that a simple update could fix, if Blackberry had a mind to create one?
    What music player are you using? I know that NeutronMP does support some external DACs, I don't know whether the Chord is among them.
    10-11-17 06:28 AM
    Chord Mojo huh? That's a great dac, I have a Meridian Explorer, I have seen it can be used with android phones with a y connector and an external battery (to provide power for the dac), but haven't tried it with my Passport.
    10-11-17 09:28 AM
    @otaku2
    & @S1lv1o

Thanks for your responses,

My normal music player is an old Ipod classic 120 gb and I listen through a pair of Shure SE535 Ltd edition iems. I bought the Passport recently and got 256gb of memory to go with it. I was wanting to use the Passport as a 'transport' (instead of my Ipod classic) hooked up to a Chord Mojo Amp/Dac. but I have yet to find an example of anybody who has used the Passport with an external Dac. I am ideally looking for a combo to make the most of the SE535s. I believe that the Passport can be side-loaded with android and that the Mojo can be used with android phones, but have yet to find a definitive answer anywhere to my 'original question'.
    10-11-17 02:58 PM
    @otaku2
    &
    @S1lv1o

Thanks for your responses,

My normal music player is an old Ipod classic 120 gb and I listen through a pair of Shure SE535 Ltd edition iems. I bought the Passport recently and got 256gb of memory to go with it. I was wanting to use the Passport as a 'transport' (instead of my Ipod classic) hooked up to a Chord Mojo Amp/Dac. but I have yet to find an example of anybody who has used the Passport with an external Dac. I am ideally looking for a combo to make the most of the SE535s. I believe that the Passport can be side-loaded with android and that the Mojo can be used with android phones, but have yet to find a definitive answer anywhere to my 'original question'.
    10-11-17 02:58 PM
    That is very similar to my rig: A 5.5gen iPod Classic with UE Triple.Fi 10's.
    The only report that I have seen of a Passport working with an external DAC is the FiiO E17

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ssport-973520/
    10-11-17 07:18 PM