As all of you know, in the US, unlocked Passports are sold out in ShopBB site and Amazon pulled out the listing all together. Yesterday evening, Amazon was allowing potential buyers to add their e-mail in a availability notification list. Its all gone from today morning. From today morning, ShopBB is allowing to enter e-mail in a similar list. ShopBB is expecting to receive more Passports by October 6.

So, my question to potential buyers in the US, what is your plan? Clearly BB never imagined a high demand of the device in the US market.

I added my e-mail is both Amazon (yesterday night) and in ShopBB (today morning). Haven't heard back anything.

Your thought?

Thanks,
    Tintin
    09-26-14 01:15 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport Demand is very high! ... they don't want to take orders that can't be fulfilled immediately or within a few days (otherwise customers get very angry) , so they are waiting for further shipments from Blackberry....

I would imagine as soon as Passport stock arrives Shop Blackberry and Amazon will be taking orders...again.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:20 AM
    I think you've done what you can do.

(I ordered Wednesday night. Got order number and confirmation emails. No shipping notice yet. Hopefully will ship on the 6th if not before.)

Just have to wait patiently.
    09-27-14 05:43 AM
    Same here.. pre ordered it at amazon. The system said it was going to be delivered on Monday September 29th via Amazon prime 2 day shipping so I called them and complaint and now they promise a one day shipping but on Wednesday October 1st.

Hope to get this animal by Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:57 AM
    Word on the street is that the second batch of Passports will be distributed on Oct 1st,.. so hopefully it's large enough to fulfill all pending orders and allow all retailers to accept new purchases.

Posted via CB10
    stooy leown likes this.
    09-27-14 07:31 AM