After 2 years with a Q10 that has horrible double typing, my contract with Bell is up and I have a choice to make. I either leave blackberry or I will upgrade to the passport (silver edition is my preference). The determining factor for me is does the passport have the double typing issue - if so I need to leave blackberry since the double typing is so incredibly bad and frustrating. My preference is to stay with blackberry but I can't if the double typing issue persists.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 09:48 PM
    Yes there is an issue with Double typing on the Passport. Do a search, Guess its time to move on.
    08-07-15 09:53 PM
    They redid the keyboard on the silver ed did they not, did it maybe fix the issue?
    08-07-15 09:57 PM
    I don't have any double typing issue with my passport so u don't know what everyone is talking about

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 10:04 PM
    I don't have dt either on my q10 or my pp

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 10:08 PM
    I've heard of BlackBerry 10 physical keyboard products having double typing issues; however, I had my Q10 for over a year and never had that issue, and my brother is using it now and has not had an issue with it, either.

Not every device will have that fault - I would talk to whichever carrier you're switching to and ask their opinion, but honestly, all phone brands and device types across the board will have some kind of glitch. But that doesn't mean that every single product/device that brand releases will have that same glitch.

I wouldn't give up on the Passport. It looks amazing! Try one out in the store to reassure yourself. Not every phone will do that double typing thing to you!
    08-07-15 10:09 PM
    I did a search and unlike the hardware issue with Q10 saw a lot of comments about it being a software issue that was fixed. But there was no clear info so I thought asking the forum of users would be best.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 10:10 PM
    I did a search and unlike the hardware issue with Q10 saw a lot of comments about it being a software issue that was fixed. But there was no clear info so I thought asking the forum of users would be best.

Posted via CB10
    I've never had double typing issues on my Passport from 10.3 to 10.3.2.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    08-07-15 10:14 PM
    Two Passport with no issues but some have had issues.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...video-1023307/
    08-07-15 10:21 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Never experienced double typing... and yes, SE Passport is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 10:23 PM
    The Q10 definitely had a hardware defect in their keyboards. I had 3 Q10's which I personally replaced the keyboards and were fine for about 6 months or so until it reared its ugly DT again. I have owned my Passport since December and due to user error, I sometimes do a DT or try and go for the smaller spacebar (compared to the Q) and hit the B key by accident. I wouldnt say my Passport has the DT like the Q10 at least not yet, anyways!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 10:23 PM
    Had my PP for over a month. I manage about 150 emails a day. Half of those are from my device. Along with the emails I also edit a lot of documents. In a nutshell I use the keyboard a lot. I did not experience any double typing at all.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    08-07-15 10:26 PM
    Bought 2 Passports in October of 2014, one for me and one for my wife -- have never seen any double typing on either and for that matter both have NO flaws of any kind.

Posted via CB10
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    08-07-15 10:34 PM
    Yes, I've had terrible double typing. Just purchase a Passport new so you have full warranty.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    08-07-15 10:55 PM
    Go Latest as always, Go Silver Limited Edition!!!

Powered by BlackBerry Passport Red Edition via CB10
    08-07-15 10:59 PM
    Never had the issue. 10.2.1 through to the latest.
    Get the silver edition. The SS construction is very nice.
    08-07-15 11:05 PM
    Didn't have that issue with my Passport. But I did have that with my first Blackberry Classic. I replaced it. I now have a Classic as my daily driver for about 6 months. Never done a double type before. So I'm thinking it just has to do with the phone. Not every phone is perfect. Good luck. Hope you don't get a double type.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 11:43 PM
    Hi dar1030! I've had my Passport since the February this year and I haven't experienced any double typing issue. And I'm typing emails and messages all day long.

I always carry two devices with me. Prior to getting the Passport I used to carry an iPhone and a One plus One (I've used many Android devices prior to the OPO. Galaxy S, S2, S3, Note 2, Note 4 & Xperia Z3). Now I carry Passport & Z30.

In my opinion, nothing compares to the experience of using a BlackBerry device. So I'd definitely recommend staying with BlackBerry. All the best

Posted from my  Z30 � STA100-2/10.3.1.2558
    08-08-15 12:23 AM
    Never had any 2x typing on any of the Passport, classic, Q10's I have used...

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 01:54 AM
    I think one time when I pressed 'enter' in an email it MAY have jumped an extra line but who can say for sure?

To everyone who is paranoid about the double-type or even to those who are genuinely affected by it... I have to point something out to you:
    Your keyboard is so accurate that for the once-in-a-while when you have a double-type incident, it infuriates you. Do you REALLY think that moving to another platform (almost certainly meaning a touchscreen device) is going to improve your typing experience? Keep dreaming...

The double-type is a privilege for only those who know how incredibly accurate your mobile typing experience can be. You are aiming for perfection and frustrated that you don't have it. Try explaining this problem to an iPhone user. I promise they won't understand.

Once in a while I start typing on my PC before it has completely loaded the page that I have opened and it picks up what I am entering mid-sentence. Do I get furious and say that I'm going to use an iPad instead of my laptop?

The Passport is by far the best mobile typing experience out there. The hybrid blend of virtual keyboard convenience with they accuracy of physical keys is incomparable with anything else out there. You won't regret it and the Silver Edition looks mighty boss!
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    08-08-15 02:06 AM
    To everyone who is paranoid about the double-type or even to those who are genuinely affected by it... I have to point something out to you:
    Your keyboard is so accurate that for the once-in-a-while when you have a double-type incident, it infuriates you. Do you REALLY think that moving to another platform (almost certainly meaning a touchscreen device) is going to improve your typing experience? Keep dreaming...

The double-type is a privilege for only those who know how incredibly accurate your mobile typing experience can be. You are aiming for perfection and frustrated that you don't have it. Try explaining this problem to an iPhone user. I promise they won't understand.
    I have something to point out to you:

08-08-15 02:20 AM
    That is most unfortunate... I'm not sure what to say to that other than the fact that a physical keyboard is a piece of hardware. It CAN wear and malfunction. This is the case with anything. For as many people that claim to be having problems with it, it can be a very safe bet that there are many many more who do not have issues with it and you will not hear anything from them as a result.
    It is a general 'risk' of buying a physical keyboard that you have more things that could potentially go wrong with it. And for some, it does. Many others though, do not have issue. Don't live in fear, get the device that you think will best suit your needs. If you are that concerned about it, make sure that you get it with a warranty. BlackBerry is also now offering a protection plan for devices bought through them and I am sure that they would cover this, should you experience it.
    Last edited by TheBirdDog; 08-08-15 at 06:02 AM.
    08-08-15 02:41 AM
    Passport has much scarcer issues of double typing than the Q10. I've been using mine for 6 months and still solid. I'd suggest to go for the Silver Edition, because that one bears many design improvements and I believe to have even less prone to double typing.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    08-08-15 02:41 AM
    I agree with the bird dog. You shouldn't live in fear. There is always a possibility of getting a phone that has a malfunctioning keyboard. Unfortunately I was one that experienced it with the Classic (Q20). Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 04:38 AM
    After 2 years with a Q10 that has horrible double typing, my contract with Bell is up and I have a choice to make. I either leave blackberry or I will upgrade to the passport (silver edition is my preference). The determining factor for me is does the passport have the double typing issue - if so I need to leave blackberry since the double typing is so incredibly bad and frustrating. My preference is to stay with blackberry but I can't if the double typing issue persists.

Posted via CB10
    To be frank despite forum members reporting about this, ive not had nor anyone on our sales team is having issues either with double typing. We have about 50 Passports being used on our sales team and I've yet to hear about a double typing issue so far. Ive gone through two devices now over the past year and a half and still NO double tyiping issue.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-08-15 09:07 AM
46 12