Personally, I love this device. I've been using the Classic as my daily driver because the size of it suits my physical job more than that of the Passport. But that doesn't mean that I can't wait to get back to this thing as it is just a brilliant device and it's very slick to use. With a couple of minor things missing that hopefully are somewhere on BlackBerry's radar:

1) cut/copy/paste keyboard shortcuts
    The use of the capacitive keyboard is great for editing text except it feels like it is missing a way to do this basic function without having to use the screen. I know that the Passport doesn't have an 'alt' key but there should still be a way to do this. Long press on 'C, X, or V' perhaps? I guess that would also type an upper case letter but surely there could be a way to make it work...

2) keyboard sensitivity adjustment
    I love having the trackpad on the Classic but to really get it to fly, I have the sensitivity turned up and have developed a more precise 'touch' to get it to work. I would love the option to do this on the Passport and it feels like a logical thing to provide the option for customizing.

Anyone else have anything they would like to see implemented on the Passport to have it perform even better?
    12-11-15 03:05 PM
    I'd like a 5.x Android runtime, but that's unlikely.

Otherwise, I'm good.
    12-11-15 03:21 PM
    I'd like bulleted lists in Remember. (Like in the Evernote app. )
    Also, the search on the device seems to be a lot slower than it was in the 10.2 days.

As always, camera improvements are welcome but I don't expect more at this point.

I also like the original post's suggestions.
    TheBirdDog likes this.
    12-11-15 03:26 PM
    Dark hub and updated android runtime. That's all I want.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 04:07 PM
    Need changes to the way word suggestions pop up.

They need to be based on the next letter you are typing, e.g. if I'm typing "bla", the word blaCkberry should be on the far left, "blaH" should be in the middle, and "blaMe" should be on the right to correspond with the expected positioning of the fingers.
    (without the CAPS of course, they're just for my illustration purposes)

Right now it is all random.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    12-11-15 04:19 PM
    I'd liked Remember in the Blend app
    12-11-15 04:26 PM
    I'd like a way to easily fix the edit text bubble when I move it so I do not accidentally move it when typing.

I would like shared folders to work on the one drive in file manager

I would like dropbox to populate faster in file manager

More later

 Passport SE 
    12-11-15 05:18 PM
    I'd like BlackBerry to advertise os10 and the Passport more.......oh it's to late for that.
    FYI BlackBerry you screwed up on that front.

Blackberry Passport
    12-11-15 06:35 PM
    Double-tap capacitive keyboard in browser to activate a cursor...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 06:38 PM
    I'd like BlackBerry to advertise os10 and the Passport more.......oh it's to late for that.
    FYI BlackBerry you screwed up on that front.

Blackberry Passport
    Go 'tweet' somewhere else that's more relevant for your complaints please. This thread is supposed to be positive and be about hopeful improvements to the OS. People from BlackBerry do occasionally read these forums but posting garbage like that makes the whole thread less credible. Please stay on topic.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-11-15 07:17 PM
    Dark hub and updated android runtime. That's all I want.

Posted via CB10
    I started playing around with my Z30 again and, while it doesn't have dark Hub (that would be sweet across the board) it does have dark menus and settings and it really does look way better; I'm with you on that!
    12-11-15 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It seems so logical!
    12-11-15 07:20 PM
    I'd liked Remember in the Blend app
    Ah, an excellent suggestion. I second this.
    double_fault likes this.
    12-11-15 08:28 PM
    Me too.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 11:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yesss yes!!! Why the bleep not?

Typed on the fantastic Pas�p�rt SE
    12-11-15 11:03 PM
    1. Invert Scrolling customization options in Settings: (ex: invert portrait only, landscape only, invert vertical only, etc.)

2. Double tap on Keyboard to bring up cursor in website. Single tap from cursor mode selects item and disappears

3. Silent keyboard options:
    A. In Portrait mode: when turned on, keyboard functions as normal but pushing button is not necessary. simply touching the key will enter it . This may be a long shot but it would be great!
    B. In Landscape mode: (this should be on all the time! Why even let us click the text bar while sideways? So we can type on the sideways keyboard??) tapping text brings up VKB ( Hello! So easy to do blackberry!)

4. Keyboard swipe gestures work inside hub (left and right)

5. Zooming in/out and scrolling gestures on keyboard in picture mode and maps (Google maps??)

6. Built-in mechanism to be able to kill any app running

7. Fix copy/paste shortcuts. They are buggy. It should be able really quick and easy

Do these, and I am one satisfied customer.

12-12-15 09:50 PM
    3. Silent keyboard options:
    A. In Portrait mode: when turned on, keyboard functions as normal but pushing button is not necessary. simply touching the key will enter it . This may be a long shot but it would be great!
    B. In Landscape mode: (this should be on all the time! Why even let us click the text bar while sideways? So we can type on the sideways keyboard??) tapping text brings up VKB ( Hello! So easy to do blackberry!)

This made me think of another obvious one for the virtual half of the keyboard:

When you swipe up to bring the symbols and numbers, you can slide your thumb around on the VKB (screen) and see the key under your thumb highlighted. Why not have the same thing happen when you slide your thumb over the PKB? That would make the key mapping / memorizing so much easier. And just look that much more slick to boot.
    12-12-15 10:38 PM
    I wonder why Bluenoser63 hasn't crashed this thread yet, lol.

I've listed my wishes already in the 10.3.3 wish list btw. Shortcuts in the Twitter and Weather app are my biggest wish. Easy to implement for them as well.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    miker476 likes this.
    12-13-15 01:28 AM
    Even though I'm not a PP owner yet, I'm on the verge of getting one, so that counts right? lol

*Dark Hub
    *Configurable gestures for the keyboard (i.e. choose whether to use for scrolling or OS app gestures, i.e. peek, wake, etc)
    *Bring back Viigo *still one of the best RSS readers I've ever used*
    *PGP without BES/Exchange

I think that's all for me
    12-13-15 03:45 AM
    Truth hurts sometimes but still true.

Blackberry Passport
    12-13-15 05:09 AM
    What do you mean End of Life? That to me is scary. We all would like to have those little "adjustments" but overall the way the Passport performs fulfills all my current needs.

The only changes I see is keeping the device secure and the ability to use Snap to load android apps. That is where the small incremental improvements are.

All these new competitive handsets other than slight improvements in pixels and speed and I mean "slight" does not come close to the functionality, robustness and durability of the Passport.

I love it.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 06:25 AM
    Snappy browser...

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 06:45 AM
    Dark hub is useless on a passport! It sports a LCD screen! Dark hub would save battery power only on a OLED screen...

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 07:45 AM
    I've had mine just over a week now. There are a lots of little annoying things I'd like to see fixed.

- Let me disable the LED notification timeout (and/or let me change the timeout period).
    - Let me edit search engine entries manually.
    - Default search engines (Bing) should use https:// links.
    - Add SOCKS proxy support to the browser (+ more configurable settings in general).
    - Add SSH tunnel as a VPN option.
    - Can PGP be used on non-"work" accounts? If not, it should be possible.
    - Should be possible to copy then paste multiple times.
    - Let me add an IMAP/POP3 account without an SMTP server and let me save invalid/unvalidated details.
    - Double tapping the keyboard should bring up a mouse cursor (someone mentioned this, I see).
    - View full headers in e-mail messages (might be there, but I haven't found it yet).
    - Let me remove individual "recent contacts" (remove, not block).
    12-13-15 08:44 AM
    2 x BB10 updates/fixes (before BB10 goes EOL) that would seriously improve my productivity

1) Ability to call phone numbers with (0) in them from the Calls tab within the Phone app (where the phone number was previously called from an email)
    I'll try and explain as this sounds a little weird.....
    I receive an email, and the phone number within the sender's signature has an (0) within it, example +44 (0) 20 7123 4567.
    I tap on the phone number within the email, and my Passport dials this number no problem and I get through to the person I want to call.
    When I then go into the Phone App, and tap on the Calls tab, this phone number is showing as having been previously called by me....
    BUT when I tap on this phone number within the Calls tab, to try and call it again, I get a "you have dialled an incorrect phone number" message.
    Going back to the original email, and tapping again on the phone number within the sender's signature, dials the number ok and I get through again to the person I wish to call.
    Adding this phone number to a (new) Contact, the original number including the '(0)', and then either, dialling from Contacts App, or dialling from the Call tab, then works ok.
    My conclusion: there is a bug in the Calls tab functionality for dialling phone numbers that include '(0)', when that number is not already assigned to a Contact.

2) Ability to edit a Contact's Details within Blend
    I can create a new Contact within Blend, but I cannot subsequently edit this Contact's Details within Blend (to edit this Contact's Details I have to do it directly on my Passport).
    The lack of this functionality hugely inhibits the productivity of Blend for me, and stops Blend from being a very useful PIM (eg I want to be able to copy & paste stuff into the Contact's Details from elsewhere on my PC)

Hope that all makes sense.

If anybody has got these things to work ok, then please let me know the fixes! Or let me know if these things are fixed in any Beta OS's floating around out there.
    12-13-15 09:13 AM
40 12