You do not need a carrier for insurance. I use square trade for $5 a month. They cover drops and breaks.

Posted via CB10
    Damn... that's pretty good. Need something Canadian based though...
    01-09-15 04:08 PM
    I still don't fully believe your story lmao
    Too many holes in the plot

Peace

Posted via CB10
    You got me. I put it in a vice.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution to this thread.
    chflower and LoneStarRed like this.
    01-09-15 04:43 PM
    I don't have a passport.. but i've had one in my hand. I really don't know how anyone could bend it in a pocket. And i'm a fat dude. lol

Someone want to do a video testing the pocket passport bend test? I could see it blowing your pocket out before it bends.

But anyways,, i feel your pain. Just the thought of doing any damage to my Z30 makes me cry.
    I thought the same thing. I really am pretty careful with my phone.
    01-09-15 04:47 PM
    I have not seen this message in a while(UPDATE) My Passport bent two months after I got it....-untitled.jpg
    01-09-15 04:57 PM
    I always wear my Passport in my jeans pocket and walk more than a 2 hours a day around and outside and use it when it came out and I don't get it how you get it bend.

Like in the close thread I told everyone we had in store a Passport that was dead and beyond repair (toilet water) .

I'm doing some lifting and push up 80-90 kilo depends how my day is and I really could bend it a little but it doens't crack or whatever and it goes back in shape like it was, but it is possible if you do you best to get to screen moving from the body but that takes a lot of pressure and if you do that serveral times you finally get the screen more lose but that is after I torture it for science.

In normal use it will not bend like a iphone from a friend of mine. thank to walking and biking like me. His iphone was bend more and more after weeks and he is not the only one.
    My Passport bent after extremely ginger use and storage in large jacket pockets. Loose jackets at that. The Passport bent along the vertical axis. It bent back to normal with very little effort. The design is not ideal. The steel frame is split at the center bottom as it is also the antenna.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 04:58 PM
    Trust me. I am as shocked as any of you guys. I am not sure I would believe me either. I loved that phone, I just want it replaced.
    ...they won't fix it or send you a new one...these things just don't bend without some external force...and nowhere in the manual will you find anything about how much force you are allowed to put on it...this falls under customer/owner abuse...you likely had in you from pocket and when you were sitting or squatting down is when it was bent...that's a it of force on any phone......do you think that a car manufacturer would warranty a repair to you car door if you bent it by leaning on it?............I doubt that you would...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    01-09-15 05:00 PM
    My Passport bent after extremely ginger use and storage in large jacket pockets. Loose jackets at that. The Passport bent along the vertical axis. It bent back to normal with very little effort. The design is not ideal. The steel frame is split at the center bottom as it is also the antenna.

Posted via CB10
    What happened to yours? Did you get it replaced?
    01-09-15 05:01 PM
    I have not seen this message in a whileClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	1017 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	326315
    It's been noted. Tech will be on it.

Seems intermittent.
    01-09-15 05:16 PM
    What does "two month after I got it" having anything to do with anything. If you applied that much force on the phone the day you got it, it would have done the same thing. The structural strength of the phone is not a "wear" item, like a key or button.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 05:24 PM
    This is why I ALWAYS have insurance on my devices, whether it's third party or through my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 05:33 PM
    Yep - in England you have up to SIX years to return an item for replacement or refund (or partial refund) if the item is "not of satisfactory quality". However, the seller is not bound to give you a replacement or refund if you have damaged the item by: fair wear and tear, accidental damage, etc

Absolutely. I'm not saying the OP would have won such a case. A lot would depend on the seller, but at least he would have another way to fight his case.
    Anyway seems like he's from US so it all doesn't matter to him.
    In the UK, the argument re: "satisfactory quality" would be around whether it is reasonable to expect that the phone would be carried in a trouser pocket, and whether it is reasonable to expect that the phone should continue to work after being put in a trousers pocket, etc, etc.

Unfortunately, some sellers in the UK still flout the law by refusing to refund/replace items that are "not of satisfactory" quality - in which case the only recourse is to go to Citizens Advice Consumer Service (and/or other consumer protection organisations) as a first step. Often, just by sending a simple template letter (which obviously originated from Citizens Advice or a similar organisation) to the seller, the problem will be resolved.Should the seller still not play ball, it will be necessary to escalate the issue.

[I provide ad-hoc consultancy on a voluntary basis to a free legal advice centre in London, and the legal advice centre receives hundreds of enquiries every year from clients who are trying to get refunds/replacements that they are entitled to under Consumer Protection laws. I've just chatted to one of the solicitors who volunteers at this free legal advice centre, and he believes that a single solicitor's letter will resolve a client's refund/replacement issue in over 95% of cases.]
    01-09-15 05:51 PM
    I carry my Passport in my back pocket all the time... I sit on it all day pretty much unless I take it out to use it. So far no bending but I will keep a close eye on mine
    01-09-15 06:29 PM
    From the globe and mail video

This is how they were able to bend it enough to separate the left corner of the screen - force on the diagonal corners
    01-09-15 06:53 PM
    From the globe and mail video

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...e7990468ba.jpg

This is how they were able to bend it enough to separate the left corner of the screen - force on the diagonal corners
    Does it bend and then remain that way or does it return to normal?
    01-09-15 08:04 PM
    Well, passport is not easy to bend in half like iphone, but it is very easy to bend by twisting.

I also carry my passport in my front pocket of normal loose pants, and I very often find it to be twisted without applying any huge force. How do I know? Just place the phone face down on the flat surface, and u will see that one corner would be off from the ground because it was twisted. Or i can actually see the twist of the phone if I take a look from the top of the phone closely...

You can easily bring it back to normal shape if u apply very little force to correct the twist. But it's not hard to imagine that the phone being twisted enough to life the screen off from the frame(aka. Damage) one day without abusing it.

I love my pp, but I can't agree that the build quality of this phone is as good as premium phones from other manufacturers. My first pp had creaky body frame (back cover and the chin of the keyboard), the second one had two burning pixels(brighter pixels) at the mid of screen, and the third one had too much light bleeding from the gaps between keys.. I finally got the one without any visible problems that I can find at fourth try...

I never had to replace my phone more than once just to get the phone without defects... I love so many other aspects of passport, so I replaced the phone three times until I get the one that I'm satisfied in terms of quality.

I actually think that the new design of att passport is probably to take care of these issues such as screen lifting from twisted body frame, creaky sounds and so on..

Stop bashing op for being liar or careless person just because u love your phone too much. I'm also the one who hate the build quality and poor design(in technical views not in artistic view) of this phone just because I want to love this phone . I'm really hooked by the hub and keyboard..this is the only reason I am sticking to the pp.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:21 AM
    Well, passport is not easy to bend in half like iphone, but it is very easy to bend by twisting.

I also carry my passport in my front pocket of normal loose pants, and I very often find it to be twisted without applying any huge force. How do I know? Just place the phone face down on the flat surface, and u will see that one corner would be off from the ground because it was twisted. Or i can actually see the twist of the phone if I take a look from the top of the phone closely...

You can easily bring it back to normal shape if u apply very little force to correct the twist. But it's not hard to imagine that the phone being twisted enough to life the screen off from the frame(aka. Damage) one day without abusing it.

I love my pp, but I can't agree that the build quality of this phone is as good as premium phones from other manufacturers. My first pp had creaky body frame (back cover and the chin of the keyboard), the second one had two burning pixels(brighter pixels) at the mid of screen, and the third one had too much light bleeding from the gaps between keys.. I finally got the one without any visible problems that I can find at fourth try...

I never had to replace my phone more than once just to get the phone without defects... I love so many other aspects of passport, so I replaced the phone three times until I get the one that I'm satisfied in terms of quality.

I actually think that the new design of att passport is probably to take care of these issues such as screen lifting from twisted body frame, creaky sounds and so on..

Stop bashing op for being liar or careless person just because u love your phone too much. I'm also the one who hate the build quality and poor design(in technical views not in artistic view) of this phone just because I want to love this phone . I'm really hooked by the hub and keyboard..this is the only reason I am sticking to the pp.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree with everything you just said. Thank you for clearly outlining these views.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:30 AM
    ^^I'm not saying the phone doesn't bend, but your analysis of placing the phone face down to see a raised corner to is quite flawed IMO. The keypad protrudes and is not flush with the rest of the front so the Passport's corners will simply NOT stay flat down.
    01-10-15 04:16 AM
    ^^I'm not saying the phone doesn't bend, but your analysis of placing the phone face down to see a raised corner to is quite flawed IMO. The keypad protrudes and is not flush with the rest of the front so the Passport's corners will simply NOT stay flat down.
    Isn't the phone symmetrical? If you put it face down, you would think two corners would stick up if the keyboard is not flush. If only one corner sticks up, maybe the phone IS slightly bent.
    01-10-15 05:08 AM
    Unfortunate side effect of not buying though a carrier... as much as carriers can be more expensive they many times make the warranty fullfillment an easier task... with my carrier I can also buy additonal insurance for the duration of my contract... sorry to hear the OP had these issues... they do unfortunately happen.... went through 3 Iphones in one month a year or so ago....
    Since none of the carriers in m country offer discounted phones, there is no point to buy from them.
    01-10-15 05:59 AM
    Isn't the phone symmetrical? If you put it face down, you would think two corners would stick up if the keyboard is not flush. If only one corner sticks up, maybe the phone IS slightly bent.
    Aside from the fact that you cant

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 07:06 AM
    Did you try to contact Amazon? They take anything back. I would try them to see if they can get you a new PP instead of BB. Their customer service is crazy good.
    01-10-15 08:38 AM
    Did you try to contact Amazon? They take anything back. I would try them to see if they can get you a new PP instead of BB. Their customer service is crazy good.
    This. I was outside of my 30 days and Amazon replaced my Passport that was having hardware-related performance issues (my lag is greatly improved with the new handset; I wonder if the themals cause damage to the logic board over time...).

Posted via CB10
    emanuel0ss0 and cooboo like this.
    01-10-15 09:03 AM
    If there was a trend of Passport's bending (like the iPhone 6 bendgate), then there may be grounds to challenge BlackBerry on a design fault, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I this is the first I've ever heard of a Passport bending to such an extreme degree in one's pocket.
    There are so many fewer Passports around than iPhones that one Passport bending could be equal to iPhone's bendgate. Only a couple iPhones out of millions bent. The double standard on Crackberry is funny.
    jmr1015 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-10-15 04:27 PM
    Apple customer? Bent IPhone? ...it was replaced.

Blackberry customer, bent passport? .... too bad so sad.

When you buy a product, you buy service, support and after sales customer experience.

I see a Apple doing a better job here. Might explain the market share huh?

If I was BlackBerry I'd fall over myself to set this straight, get that device in house for engineering forensics and very publicly take care of this customer.

For years I've been at a cross roads, do I move onto Apple or am Android vendor. Guess what, I am looking hard at what my experience will be after the sale if things go negative.

I don't like what I see in the BlackBerry fields....

And worse off, too many blame this person here. Way too many BlackBerry apologists here.... *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 06:05 PM
    Apple customer? Bent IPhone? ...it was replaced.

Blackberry customer, bent passport? .... too bad so sad.

When you buy a product, you buy service, support and after sales customer experience.

I see a Apple doing a better job here. Might explain the market share huh?

If I was BlackBerry I'd fall over myself to set this straight, get that device in house for engineering forensics and very publicly take care of this customer.

For years I've been at a cross roads, do I move onto Apple or am Android vendor. Guess what, I am looking hard at what my experience will be after the sale if things go negative.

I don't like what I see in the BlackBerry fields....

And worse off, too many blame this person here. Way too many BlackBerry apologists here.... *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    This is the part that bothers me the most.

I know two people that had bent iPhones. They were immediately replaced by Apple no questions, no extra cost.
    01-10-15 06:10 PM
164 ... 23456 ...