This is an update of this thread that was closed.

Blackberry said they couldn't fix it and all they could do is scrap it for me (thanks) or send it back. They said PCB was broken and is not "economically able to be fixed."

I told you all I would update my story when I had some sort of resolution. Pretty much the worst situation for me. I saved up for months to get an unlocked $600 phone which breaks two weeks after the 30 days runs out. I really thought this would be the phone to bring me back to Blackberry's corner, but instead has just made poor, bitter, and resentful toward Blackberry.

Thanks, Blackberry!
    01-08-15 04:57 PM
    Well there is a website called the ORIGINAL 9 Bent Iphone warranty claims. Maybe you should start a website called. Original 1 !
    01-08-15 05:07 PM
    If you bought it through amazon you could have gotten it exchanged easily
    01-08-15 05:13 PM
    How in the world did you bend it??? Unintended roughness damages the phone and isn't covered under the warranty.
    01-08-15 05:14 PM
    I am just very sad.
    01-08-15 05:16 PM
    You might wana use a flip phone from the now on. You're having a horrible run. I wouldn't blame bbry

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    pinkvikchick and extisis like this.
    01-08-15 05:17 PM
    Unfortunate side effect of not buying though a carrier... as much as carriers can be more expensive they many times make the warranty fullfillment an easier task... with my carrier I can also buy additonal insurance for the duration of my contract... sorry to hear the OP had these issues... they do unfortunately happen.... went through 3 Iphones in one month a year or so ago....
    01-08-15 05:21 PM
    You might wana use a flip phone from the now on. You're having a horrible run. I wouldn't blame bbry

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    The Passport is the first phone I have owned that has ever broken actually. Didn't drop it and was in a case since day 1. It went in my front pocket straight and came out bent one day (a few days after the 30 days were up). I wouldn't feel so bad if I actually did abuse it or drop it and it broke. I honestly don't feel that I did anything that would have warranted it bending.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    01-08-15 05:26 PM
    The Passport is the first phone I have owned that has ever broken actually. Didn't drop it and was in a case since day 1. It went in my front pocket straight and came out bent one day (a few days after the 30 days were up). I wouldn't feel so bad if I actually did abuse it or drop it and it broke. I honestly don't feel that I did anything that would have warranted it bending.
    I thought Blackberry had a one year warranty and the 30 days was just for phone support?????
    01-08-15 05:30 PM
    I thought Blackberry had a one year warranty and the 30 days was just for phone support?????
    Just got off the phone with them. Said they wouldn't or couldn't fix it. They didn't even give me a price to fix it, just offered to scrap it for me or send it back.

I think (wish) they should just give me another one, keep a loyal customer.
    01-08-15 05:43 PM
    You saved money from months to buy it for cash and saved on insurance?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) and BullGuard8 like this.
    01-08-15 05:56 PM
    For the pcb to break, it was more than just bent in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:58 PM
    For the pcb to break, it was more than just bent in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    If the PCB warped, would the phone work?

The phone was working perfectly before I sent it in (minus the bend in the frame).
    01-08-15 06:00 PM
    thank god i bought myself a case. The amount of times i sat on my phone. 30 dollar case is worth protecting a 600 dollar phone. U can only blame yourself. Blackberry sent out the phone. but they sure didnt bend it
    mk2234 and BullGuard8 like this.
    01-08-15 06:03 PM
    thank god i bought myself a case. The amount of times i sat on my phone. 30 dollar case is worth protecting a 600 dollar phone. U can only blame yourself. Blackberry sent out the phone. but they sure didnt bend it
    Dude. Read.

The phone had a case on it from DAY ONE.
    chflower, Ouattsm, stratax and 3 others like this.
    01-08-15 06:05 PM
    I feel sorry for u, OP. It's still hard to believe that the Passport can be bent so easily.. given that the passport is such a tough phone. Well, at least I feel that mine is tough..

Posted from my AWESOME Blackberry Passport, that not everyone can handle it!
    01-08-15 06:50 PM
    I feel sorry for u, OP. It's still hard to believe that the Passport can be bent so easily.. given that the passport is such a tough phone. Well, at least I feel that mine is tough..

Posted from my AWESOME Blackberry Passport, that not everyone can handle it!
    Trust me. I am as shocked as any of you guys. I am not sure I would believe me either. I loved that phone, I just want it replaced.
    01-08-15 07:06 PM
    Something I miss in this story. So you sent them a working phone (just bent) and now they're sending you back a dead bent phone with also PCB broken?
    Did they break it during repair attempt and now playing dumb or was your phone dead before sending for repair.

Anyway what country is this happening in? Any customer protection measures there or just Wild West.

In my country as in most other European
    I would have claimed the phone not fit for purpose (cause it bent in the front pocket where it was reasonably expected to be worn as most people do) and would get it repaired or exchanged. That's the duty of the seller and not OEM. And you have 2 years to claim, so for 2 years the seller is responsible for your product to behave the way it should. And it doesn't matter if OEM warranties the phone for 1 year only.

Sorry to hear that OP. Is there any spares you can buy at this time and repair yourself I wonder?
    01-08-15 07:07 PM
    Hey, I am sorry to hear what came of this, but I have to say... I don't believe BlackBerry actually owes you anything. There was clearly physical damage, regardless of how it did or did not happen, BlackBerry isn't responsible for that. It really is that simple.

Also, admittedly, my phone is ever so slightly bent down the left hand side of the frame. I'm not exactly sure what happened to it. For what it's worth, I trust your story.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get it fixed or replaced.
    01-08-15 07:16 PM
    Pictures would be nice. Can you take some pictures and upload them so we can see?
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-08-15 07:22 PM
    I think I read the entire thread but if I missed something please correct me.

You're saying it was in your pocket then one day it came out and it was bent?

That's it?

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    01-08-15 07:40 PM
    I think I read the entire thread but if I missed something please correct me.

You're saying it was in your pocket then one day it came out and it was bent?

That's it?

Posted via CB10
    Easy....its a mystery....

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    extisis likes this.
    01-08-15 07:43 PM
    File under: "Threads That Defy Common Sense but Have Titles That May Discourage Buyers with Each New Post".

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 07:50 PM
    If the PCB warped, would the phone work?

The phone was working perfectly before I sent it in (minus the bend in the frame).
    In my experience, yes.
    It would have to have cracked, not just bent.
    I will try to bend a z10 pcb without cracking it. (if it's even possible)

Was it a huge bend?

Edit:

Wait!!! Your saying it still worked when you sent it in? And now it doesnt?
    I have blown a pcb by charging it without the putty on the chip, if someone took it apart and tried to repair it, this could be how the pcb got fried....someone forgot the putty on the chip....a big huge ooopsy
    01-08-15 08:58 PM
    You do not need a carrier for insurance. I use square trade for $5 a month. They cover drops and breaks.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:20 PM
164 123 ...