It goes without saying that this BlackBerry Passport is undoubtedly one of the most cutting-edge devices available. I am a former iPhone owner with an appreciation of well-designed technology thats simple and user-friendly. I am also a photographer that just returned from Sanibel Island shooting many photos. The 4 size and screen resolution are more than ideal for my purposes.

That being said, my Passport has disappointed in no small fashion: Link does not work with my Mac (spending over 5 hours! since December with Ken et al at BlackBerry Customer Service was simply a waste of my time. There is no potential resolution from the escalating team as theyre not able to recreate this issue); the native apps are less than worthwhile or prohibitively costly to own ($3 for a functional dictionary is necessary for writing); the new OS Update has created annoying flickering that renders my phone a headache rather than a reliable smart phone (constantly rebooting while waiting for a future update to repair the last OS update is not my idea of a fully-functioning upgrade. Sometimes modern technology sucks!); there is no available proprietary app for my wireless HP LaserJet/DeskJet printer.

I could go on, certainly, but there is really no purpose to belabor the point because I actually want to like my Passport. There are indeed many GREAT attributes to this remarkable device, and many/most of you realize this. This is more the exception, an aberration and certainly not the norm.
    With an expired warranty, unfortunately, I am stuck with a defective $700 Passport.
    03-04-15 05:47 PM
    Please go here to fix your flickering problem and maybe more. You will enjoy your Passport more after you do this. I understand there hasn't been an official fix yet, but if you want to, you can fix your device in 20 minutes.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1000622

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-04-15 06:44 PM
    Are you using snap or amazon? I am running the android brother printer app and it works great to send docs wirelessly to my printer. See if you can find the HP app that way. Also have you tried using blend? Is that not working either? I don't see any reason for link right now really. Just drag and drop files via blend. Stick with it! Hopefully the next update puts us great shape
    03-04-15 06:48 PM
    Printhand works great too!

I have tried the HP android app, and although it works, its just not that good.

As far as your flickering goes, either wait for an update(who knows when), or do some reading and do what Pdinos3 said, and install the 2480 leak.
    03-04-15 07:18 PM
    Flickering issues is fixed with the above leak. And I second the printhand app. Works great with every printer I have (HP and Epson). Also does great with Google print to send pdf to google drive.

Passport on AT&T
    03-04-15 07:29 PM
    Have been using the Passport 'out of the box', no leaks, and have had nearly zero problems. One issue, actually the only issue for me is when typing in the CrackBerry forums using the browser, it is really slow. I can type in the browser without issues anywhere else, just not the CB forums, so thankfully there's CB10. Needless to say, my Passport experience has been awesome. Link works perfectly, Blend works perfectly. I love the hardware and BlackBerry 10 is the best. I decided not to install leaks like I used to, and as a result have had a nearly flawless experience with absolutely no 'flickering' whatsoever. My carrier has not yet released the latest update for the Passport, which I believe is because they're waiting for a better version that works well with the Passport. I'm glad they chose to delay because it has ensured my Passport experience is not tainted while every other BlackBerry 10 device I have has been updated.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:17 AM