08-13-15 09:30 AM
77 1234
tools
    Skinny jeans? My Passport is in my pants pocket, screen facing in, about half the time when not on the desk in front of me, but no issues.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    01-20-15 04:44 PM
    Swipe to wake is NOT your friend

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 06:19 PM
    This is exactly why I bought the Stilgut case.

I had the same horror as an earlier poster where the phone was just about to security wipe itself after too many incorrect tries to log in with either picture password or standard password - twice.

Then I got REALLY embarrassed with a VERY inappropriate ***-dialling of a client. Lucky he had a sense of humor.

I had the OEM hard case on it. I tried a pouch. Now I have the Stilgut and I've turned off a lot of gizmos and advanced features to stop errant operation.

So it's top button to turn it on and when I close my case and it snaps home I KNOW it's off.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 06:37 PM
    Having similar experience on my Passport...and I notice that even with the screen facing away from my body it still reacts to the touch of the fabric?! Aren't capacitative screens supposed to react to body heat or something similar (that changes the screen's electrostatic field)?...Why is the fabric of my jacket/pants interacting with the touch screen??? That's got to be a MAJOR design issue, no?

I find it annoying that when the passport rings in my pocket the ring is almost always immediately silenced just because of body movement (and the screen touching the fabric) I miss a lot of calls this way especially when outdoors, which leads me to anlther issue - I have vibrate on but the phone doesn't vibrate when ringing...

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if it's called a MAJOR design issue since all capacitive screen has the same problem. You probably have static in you pants... happens in dry environment.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:45 PM
    Not sure if it's called a MAJOR design issue since all capacitive screen has the same problem. You probably have static in you pants... happens in dry environment.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, never had that on my Q10 running 10.2.1...

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:10 PM
    I had this problem - used to be called 'Nokia Pocket Syndrome' - on my Q10.

I bought a magnetised flip case, locks/unlocks the device on open/close.

It's not an ideal situation though. Hopefully this new update will solve. BlackBerry 10 is easily the best os out there)(in my opinion) but this does let it down a bit.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:31 PM
    I would have to second the screen outside solution. I have had my PP since early October, and got lots of pocket dials in the first few days. I turned the phone around (ie. screen pointing outwards) in my front pocket and no more pocket dials - not one. I'm sure if you ran full speed into a diamond tipped desk corner the screen would crack, luckily I don't know of anyone with a diamond tipped desk

I haven't had any problems.
    01-21-15 03:54 PM
    Settings -> Display -> Swipe to wake -> OFF

Posted via CB10
    VITOS72 likes this.
    01-21-15 04:01 PM
    [Double-posted... whoops!]
    Last edited by Empyrean; 01-21-15 at 06:04 PM.
    01-21-15 04:28 PM
    This is a case of smart-thigh -- it's when your thigh skin rubs agains the thinner pocket-lining and manages to perform a variety of tasks.

Other than insulated boxers/boxer-briefs, you're stuck with lockscreen password and/or making sure you put it in your pocket face-up.
    01-21-15 04:29 PM
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I noticed the lock button on my Classic doesn't lock the keypad like it did on my 9900. This caused me to almost inadvertently wipe my device since I was entering passwords with my backside...

Anyway to make the keys lock with the device? Like they did on the 9900 (if you can remember those days, for me it was last week)?
    04-09-15 04:36 PM
    Happened to me while roaming overseas. The phone accidentally make tons of overseas call. Learn the hard way. Always close your phone app.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 05:09 PM
    Had the same problem and the first solution was to turn the phone so the screen doesn't face my body, now I have the stilgut and forgot about that problem plus I love the look of the case

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 02:37 AM
    Turn off al advanced interactions and keep the phone screen facing outside when keeping it in pocket. Passport screen is too sensitive.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    THIS. It's the advanced interaction, I bet.
    And having the password immediately required.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 04:55 AM
    I've had the OPs issue. Turn off swipe to wake in settings, display and use the power key to turn the screen on and off.

This has something to do with the sensitivity of the screen, the proximity sensor, and the OS version you are on.

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport SQW100-1 sporting 10.3.1.2582
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    04-11-15 05:02 AM
    settings/display/ turn off swipe to wake
    This.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    04-11-15 05:06 AM
    In addition: if swipe to wake is disabled: you can also press the U key to active the screen when you want. Easiest way to see the lock screen notifications too, swiping often takes you straight to the password screen.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    estekwellek likes this.
    04-11-15 05:22 AM
    In addition: if swipe to wake is disabled: you can also press the U key to active the screen when you want. Easiest way to see the lock screen notifications too, swiping often takes you straight to the password screen.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    Yup, 10.3.1 only though.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 08:59 AM
    .. pretty sure the problem is enabling both lock screen notifications AND turn screen on for new notification toggles

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-11-15 09:42 AM
    Turn swipe to wake off I had the same problem but since turning that off its fine

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:54 AM
    This is a problem with most phones. It is called "pocket dialing". The action of static discharge from clothing can activate operations.

I would press the top button on the phone to put it in to standby. If it is coming out of standby, then put a password in to it, and set it up to lock when the standby button is pressed.

Personally, I carry my phones in a carry case rated for BlackBerry phones that uses a magnet to lock the phone. This works very reliably for me.
    04-11-15 05:04 PM
    Had the same problem. Here's an easy fix. Go to your display settings and disable "Swipe to wake". This means that your phone screen will only wake up if you manually press the power button on the top of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 05:18 PM
    Other fix: DON'T put too much sexy and naked gorgeous ladies' pictures in your Passport. I know it's nice to see them in 453 PPI pixel density screen but who knows, the other 'finger' might try opening them when you put your phone in your pants' front pocket...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:15 PM
    This is a problem with most phones. It is called "pocket dialing". The action of static discharge from clothing can activate operations.

I would press the top button on the phone to put it in to standby. If it is coming out of standby, then put a password in to it, and set it up to lock when the standby button is pressed.

Personally, I carry my phones in a carry case rated for BlackBerry phones that uses a magnet to lock the phone. This works very reliably for me.
    No its not a problem with most phones.
    christausky likes this.
    04-12-15 07:09 AM
    I use the K button.
    The BlackBerry bold used to have one icon that locks the phone and shuts the screen..... ah the good old BlackBerry days....

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    04-12-15 07:17 AM
77 1234