In addition: if swipe to wake is disabled: you can also press the U key to active the screen when you want. Easiest way to see the lock screen notifications too, swiping often takes you straight to the password screen.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    WTH�ll I didn't know that! I like that better than the swipe. Thanks!

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport SQW100-1 sporting 10.3.1.2582
    04-12-15 09:35 AM
    I use the K button.
    The BlackBerry bold used to have one icon that locks the phone and shuts the screen..... ah the good old BlackBerry days....

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    True, on the keys would lock on the Bold which was a much safer deal.
    04-12-15 03:21 PM
    This.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    This

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    04-12-15 06:05 PM
    I've turned the screen swipe off and I have to say that it is a major inconvenience. I ALWAYS swipe the screen to turn the phone on. It is just natural and one of the great features of our phones. Finding the U key is not fun though I thought was at first; it is especially not fun in the dark. I got on ebay and ordered a leather pouch with sleep magnet. I got super lucky and was the only bidder so I think 13.99 is all I paid, including shipping. That should fix the problem for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    04-13-15 06:16 PM
    I've turned the screen swipe off and I have to say that it is a major inconvenience. I ALWAYS swipe the screen to turn the phone on. It is just natural and one of the great features of our phones. Finding the U key is not fun though I thought was at first; it is especially not fun in the dark. I got on ebay and ordered a leather pouch with sleep magnet. I got super lucky and was the only bidder so I think 13.99 is all I paid, including shipping. That should fix the problem for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    But now you have a pouch to hold oor account for while you use your phone???
    04-13-15 08:22 PM
    I like pouches anyway. I don't like the case I have, and I have peeled off all of the screen protectors because they made the screen harder to see. Works for me.

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport SQW100-1 sporting 10.3.1.2582
    04-13-15 09:52 PM
    I have the same problem with my 3rd Passport... Always the same problem so I guess it's not a hardware problem. And it's not just in my pocket, it can happen when standing in a table holder etc.pp. Anywhere... All settings maybe being the problem (swipe to unlock etc.) are turned off.

In standby mode apps open. No specific apps, can be any app, anytime. Picture, Music, Calendar, android apps... None are running in background, none where opened before... It's really a problem as I can't find the reason for apps to open in standby mode. As said before, the problem has been with all of the three passports I owned and with every firmware... I don't know what to Donnerstag anymore...

At least the "calling people in standby mode problem" is gone since I turned swipe to unlock off...

I love the Passport as much as my iPhone 6 but I always see myself using the iPhone 6 as my main device because of this serious issue...
    05-14-15 01:57 PM
    Since I have started putting my passport facing outward and no notifications wake the screen I have had no issues for months now.

Posted via CB10
    imcurved likes this.
    05-15-15 06:06 AM
    Now you live up to your name. Expert level achieved.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    05-15-15 07:23 AM
    There is a new app called PocketSafe now
    available in BlackBerry World that prevents your phone from accidentally doing anything while in your pocket, even if you forget to lock the screen. PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:17 PM
    What's next? App for overheating, screen lifting, for double typing, for blackberry logo falling appart?? too many problems with this phone

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 07:41 AM
    You guys make **** so difficult. When you put the PP in your pocket have the back of the phone touching your skin. No accidental swipes

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:52 AM
    I had my PP for three days and had a bunch of accidental turn-ons but only when I was wearing loose cargo shorts. Glad I found this thread. I don't really use passwords because no one else I know has a BlackBerry and it was funny watching my daughter try to turn on my BlackBerry. Like one of those puzzle boxes so I really don't have much concern.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 10:07 PM
    This might help some of you:

When I keep my Passport in my front pocket I keep it with the keyboard facing outwards rather than inwards (into my thigh) because I used to have this problem too with my thigh typing the password wrong until I had to write "blackberry".

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 03:40 AM
    What's next? App for overheating, screen lifting, for double typing, for blackberry logo falling appart?? too many problems with this phone

Posted via CB10
    You may want to try "PocketSafe":
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...9967056‎

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 03:52 AM
    The app is worth it. It really helps preventing pocketdialing.
    Use it since I heard of. Little bur awesome app.

Mauwedit ~ Imagine the color.
    08-05-15 03:10 AM
    PocketSafe doesn't work perfectly. ! Even though no pocket dialing was occurring as I had just turned on my phone and was just browsing websites-the PocketSafe Popup appeared and wouldn't go away! It effectively made my Blackberry Passport inoperable!! After awhile and with much difficulty I was able to delete the app. I'm definitely not reinstalling it as what occurred was very scary.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:04 PM
    PocketSafe doesn't work perfectly. ! Even though no pocket dialing was occurring as I had just turned on my phone and was just browsing websites-the PocketSafe Popup appeared and wouldn't go away! It effectively made my Blackberry Passport inoperable!! After awhile and with much difficulty I was able to delete the app. I'm definitely not reinstalling it as what occurred was very scary.

Posted via CB10
    Posting here doesn't solve anything.
    Let the dev know in the official thread for this app.

He is responsive, still fine tuning and pushing any bugs out if he hears from you those would exist:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...hread-1032282/

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:40 PM
    So much complain.. just give me your PP. I will give it TLC.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:46 PM
    Pocket safe, dude!

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    08-06-15 10:37 PM
    PocketSafe does solve the problem with my Passport but the battery drains much faster. At the moment I don't use the Blackberry much. I get 8% off each day in standby, I guess because of active Telegram app, and with PocketSafe it's about 15% a day. It's no big issue but a little less battery consumption would be very nice.
    08-07-15 09:54 AM
    Yeah, have you tried the screen facing outward in your pocket?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 10:21 AM
    PocketSafe does solve the problem with my Passport but the battery drains much faster. At the moment I don't use the Blackberry much. I get 8% off each day in standby, I guess because of active Telegram app, and with PocketSafe it's about 15% a day. It's no big issue but a little less battery consumption would be very nice.
    PocketSafe version 1.0.7.1 is now available in BlackBerry World, it fixes the battery drain some were experiencing.

Thanks for the great words, I'm doing everything to keep the app up to everyone's expectations.

Here are my Battery and CPU stats for the last 48 hours

Unwanted (pocket) actions, actually big problem now-img_20150811_030706_edit.png

Unwanted (pocket) actions, actually big problem now-img_20150811_030656_edit.png

Unwanted (pocket) actions, actually big problem now-img_20150811_030637.png

Unwanted (pocket) actions, actually big problem now-img_20150811_030601.png

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 08:47 PM
    When 10.3.1 is launched, you'll be able to manually password lock by using the "k" key.

Posted via CB10
    This is ridiculous. How come you guys know about all these tips and tricks with keyboard shortcuts? Where can I find them?

 BlackBerry PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2226)
    08-11-15 08:53 PM
    It's become an issue for me with the SE. I just disabled swipe to wake. Right as rain, now.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:03 PM
77 1234