I am a BlackBerry enthusiast. I find BlackBerry 10 to be superior to iOS and Android. I can type faster, longer and more accurately with a BlackBerry keyboard, whether physical or virtual, than with any other smartphone keyboard. For years I have purchased every BlackBerry device that AT&T chose to carry upon release. However, I am not upgrading to the Passport. Instead, I placed an order for an iPhone 6 Plus. This will be the first time since 2007 that I am not upgrading to the next BlackBerry. The Passport is a truly innovative device but it was designed for work. BlackBerry should realize that, regardless of how productive one can be with OS10 and a physical keyboard, people want smartphones that can be a part of both their work and personal lives. Moreover, carrying only one device for both work and play can make for a simpler life. And someone using the Passport is like to carry an additional mobile device. I am currently carrying an iPad mini Retina with cellular service in addition to the Q10. I would rather use a Z30. Unfortunately, BlackBerry decided to give an exclusive to Verizon over the Z30 and later release an unlocked version that does not have the LTE band primarily used by AT&T. Had the Z30 been available to AT&T subscribers I might not be carrying the iPad mini Retina every day. Also, I might have continued using the Z30 until BlackBerry released a new high-end phablet-sized all-touch handset that was compatible with the AT&T network. That is what I want from BlackBerry. Until then, I will be carrying an iPhone 6 Plus. I hope that someone from BlackBerry is reading.
    09-26-14 11:19 AM
    There is a probability of a all touch device releasing in some time. Hope to see you back then
    EsJayDee likes this.
    09-26-14 11:21 AM
    Thanks for sharing.

GL with the 6+.
    09-26-14 11:22 AM
    Why would I carry 2 devices when I can do both work and personal on my BlackBerry? I've actually dropped to one device instead of three. No 2nd phone and no Kindle for reading.

Enjoy your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Timbosaurus and thymaster like this.
    09-26-14 11:29 AM
    Why would I carry 2 devices when I can do both work and personal on my BlackBerry? I've actually dropped to one device instead of three. No 2nd phone and no Kindle for reading.
    What is your BlackBerry device?
    09-26-14 11:32 AM
    So its an issue with your carrier choice forcing you to a different device. Understandable and annoying. Good luck to you.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    09-26-14 12:04 PM
    So its an issue with your carrier choice forcing you to a different device. Understandable and annoying. Good luck to you.
    Actually, poor choices on the part of BlackBerry are largely responsible for my decision to get an iPhone 6 Plus at a time that I wanted an all touch device with a large display. These are the choices made by BlackBerry: (1) Enter into an exclusivity agreement with Verizon for the Z30. (2) Release an unlocked version of the Z30 without the LTE band that AT&T primarily uses. In contrast, the unlocked iPhone 6 Plus that I am now using supports 16 LTE bands in addition to the EV-DO frequencies used by Verizon for a total of 12 carrier networks in the U.S. And, (3) update the Q10 rather than the Z30. Speaking of poor choices, BlackBerry entered into an exclusivity agreement with AT&T for the Passport while allowing AT&T when to release it in 2015! When will BlackBerry learn?
    10-14-14 06:45 AM
    So you don't own a Passport, never have, are not interested in owning one, but you thought you'd post it in the Passport forum just to flamebait.

Good luck with the iPhone.
    10-14-14 06:53 AM
    Live streaming HD channels on your phone works very well in 4G. I have just verified it by testing Wind in Toronto (which has no LTE) and Rogers.
    There is nothing that you use that would require higher performance from your RF tranceiver and processor except perhaps if you use your phone as a hotpot to provide internet to severa other devices.

I was worried about lack of LTE when I travel but that has proven not to be a problem either in Europe or in North America.
    You must find some other reason to switch to an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:57 AM
    So you don't own a Passport, never have, are not interested in owning one, but you thought you'd post it in the Passport forum just to flamebait.

Good luck with the iPhone.
    No he made a genuine post about how the Passport doesn't work for him because it's aimed at business only and he wants 1 device for both work and personal?

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and netnative like this.
    10-14-14 06:58 AM
    No he made a genuine post about how the Passport doesn't work for him because it's aimed at business only and he wants 1 device for both work and personal?
    Exactly. I like BlackBerry 10 and would like to see it in a handset similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note or the iPhone 6 Plus. And rather than provoke the anger of serious BlackBerry users, I wish to encourage BlackBerry to release that kind of devices.
    10-14-14 07:17 AM
    I use it for work and fun. Including youbtube, instagram, games etc. So don't see your point. Best mobile device I have ever used.

Know many people parting ways with their iPhone or samsung to go back to BlackBerry.

Full touch screens will be around the corner so many options at BlackBerry over the next year.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    Last edited by Adif_70; 10-14-14 at 07:46 AM.
    10-14-14 07:22 AM
    Tens of millions of people chose the iPhone because it suited their needs better. It doesn't really warrant a post in the forum of a device that wasn't even aimed at people who want an all-touch device. By this logic, he or she should be posting in the device forums of every other handset he or she hasn't chosen to buy, from every other manufacturer. If the OP wants to sulk that a PKB device was released first in this generation of devices, they should try 'Armchair CEO', the tone in there is much more suited to this thread.
    thedose and tan_okan like this.
    10-14-14 08:12 AM
    What exactly are you looking for when describing using your phone for "fun"? I use my PP for both work and fun and there is nothing I can't really do on it that works for me. Just curious because I've heard a couple threads like this but can't understand what you can't do(for the fun side of things) on this device as it has done everything I've asked it to do and more.
    thymaster likes this.
    10-14-14 10:39 AM
    Moreover, carrying only one device for both work and play can make for a simpler life.
    I agree, it is a pain to carry two devices. However it really makes a difference whether you use it significantly for work or for play.

If you use it significantly for work, your frustrations are just about to start with the iP6. If you use it for playing a lot, then I'm sure you'll love the iP6+.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:51 AM
    I may be wrong. And hell, I may be using my phone wrong, but even though I know the PP is aimed at 'business folk' there isn't a thing on there that stops me from using it as a consumer(apps, video, games, pics, etc). But again, maybe I'm just using it wrong.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand how the OP can make a genuine post about leaving the Passport because it doesn't handle his or her work and play when they never actually owned one.

I understand their frustration with exclusives for a carrier you aren't on, currently running into same thing with Passport and Verizon. If the OP is leaving because of frustrations with device availability that is something completely different than the Passport not being able to do everything they want.

Posted via Q10
    10-14-14 11:13 AM
    Moderator please lock thread
    netnative likes this.
    10-14-14 11:20 AM
    I am a BlackBerry enthusiast. I find BlackBerry 10 to be superior to iOS and Android. I can type faster, longer and more accurately with a BlackBerry keyboard, whether physical or virtual, than with any other smartphone keyboard. For years I have purchased every BlackBerry device that AT&T chose to carry upon release. However, I am not upgrading to the Passport. Instead, I placed an order for an iPhone 6 Plus. This will be the first time since 2007 that I am not upgrading to the next BlackBerry. The Passport is a truly innovative device but it was designed for work. BlackBerry should realize that, regardless of how productive one can be with OS10 and a physical keyboard, people want smartphones that can be a part of both their work and personal lives. Moreover, carrying only one device for both work and play can make for a simpler life. And someone using the Passport is like to carry an additional mobile device. I am currently carrying an iPad mini Retina with cellular service in addition to the Q10. I would rather use a Z30. Unfortunately, BlackBerry decided to give an exclusive to Verizon over the Z30 and later release an unlocked version that does not have the LTE band primarily used by AT&T. Had the Z30 been available to AT&T subscribers I might not be carrying the iPad mini Retina every day. Also, I might have continued using the Z30 until BlackBerry released a new high-end phablet-sized all-touch handset that was compatible with the AT&T network. That is what I want from BlackBerry. Until then, I will be carrying an iPhone 6 Plus. I hope that someone from BlackBerry is reading.
    This is kind of silly. You carry an iPad with you everywhere? For what: entertainment? Grow up. The idea is to create a device that helps you get work done faster so you can then get on with your life (staring at a screen is not life).

But if we're going to insist that people are so low that they need a big device in front of their faces for every waking moment, in what way is the Passport not capable of integrating into the personal aspects of your life? It has everything already, and now with the Android runtime it has everything else. I haven't seen an Android phablet with a more awe-inducing screen. The same goes for the new iPhones.

You picked exactly the wrong time to leave BlackBerry. The Passport is exciting. The iPhone 6 Plus is stale.

Posted via CB10
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    10-14-14 11:20 AM
    I also am currently using the Q10 + iPad mini combination. I believe it is the best of both worlds, and prefer to use two devices because for ME there is no such thing as an all in one device. The Q10 does pure communications, and corporate integration better than anything, and the iPad mini is my go to device for reading, reviewing documents, surfing, etc. I would not want to do many of those functions on any phone, even a phablet! You talk about having to carry two devices...all the time? I carry my tablet in my bag when I work and travel, if I am not working or chilling at home, I really don't see the need to have it with me. While out and about I have never needed anything that my Q10 could not do, of course I have never had the urge to play clash of clans at a restaurant, so maybe its just me :-)
    10-14-14 11:21 AM
    Just curious because I've heard a couple threads like this but can't understand what you can't do(for the fun side of things) on this device .
    I'm curious too. Tablet and phone or laptop and phone, I can see. But needing 2 different phones, I don't understand?
    10-14-14 01:02 PM
    I respect your opinion, but I have ZERO need for another handset while I'm carrying my passport. It's seriously an amazing phone and does everything I need it to, while taking a beating physically since I'm such a klutz, and being able to last all day while being powerused.

Not sure where you're coming from since I read through your post and you didn't state what your issue with the device was.. but for me and MANY others, this phone is amazing and does everything any other phone does and more, personal stuff too, no need for another phone!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-14-14 01:11 PM
    Exactly. I like BlackBerry 10 and would like to see it in a handset similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note or the iPhone 6 Plus. And rather than provoke the anger of serious BlackBerry users, I wish to encourage BlackBerry to release that kind of devices.
    Did you miss the message of this device, sir?
    They are trying to be DIFFERENT, getting cell phones out of this slump of the same device with minor improvements and no innovation!

I was talking to a friend of mine at a get together and he was intrigued by the fact I'm still discovering new things about this phone despite having a bb10 in the past! He told me about how when he got his iPhone 6 and after discovering it was lighter and thinner, he had already explored all of the new features. He went into the OS and discovered a couple new software features but then it was the same as having his 5S, just lighter!

Nonetheless, it's nice to see a change from all of this candybar crap that is becoming so repetitious that it's sad..

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-14-14 01:16 PM
    May as well have posted that while I think the F150 is an awesome truck, I've decided to get a Fiat 500. It's because I live in the city and don't need all that cargo and horsepower.
    Anyone give a sh*t?
    Don't know why people post this crap to forums other than because:
    This generation is addicted to 'sharing' and think that others care about every single thought they have....or
    They are getting paid to promote competing devices on a forum designed to answer questions, provide info relevant to owners/prospects, etc...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:41 PM
    Passport is Boss!

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-14-14 02:19 PM