So I ordered my Unlocked Passport from Amazon today and a sim card from Tmobile. My question is from who will I be getting updates from Tmobile or Blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:30 PM
    The updates come from the carrier and it doesn't matter whether the phone is locked or unlocked. If you have a T-mobile sim card in the phone and they push out an update, you will get it. It doesn't even seem to matter if you are a subscriber. In the early days of 10.0 the Canadian carriers were pushing out updates a lot faster than the U.S. carriers. I read on here of people sticking a Rogers sim in their phone for a while just to get the update and then putting their U.S. carrier sim back in.
    09-24-14 09:37 PM
    The updates come from the carrier and it doesn't matter whether the phone is locked or unlocked. If you have a T-mobile sim card in the phone and they push out an update, you will get it. It doesn't even seem to matter if you are a subscriber. In the early days of 10.0 the Canadian carriers were pushing out updates a lot faster than the U.S. carriers. I read on here of people sticking a Rogers sim in their phone for a while just to get the update and then putting their U.S. carrier sim back in.
    This may not be true. In fact there was a huge issue on TMO with unlocked (unbranded) phones getting bberry OTA updates even with the SIM inserted, thus killing wifi-calling. This is because OS updates were being pushed based on IMEI, not the SIM. I just had this happen to me: have two Z10s. One branded, one not. With or without the TMO SIM in the unbranded I was pushed .3247 by BBerry when the branded phone can only get .2228. Maybe different with the Passport. But just FYI

BTW, people with unlocked, branded Rogers phones on TMO usa were getting the Roger's updates even with the TM SIM in their phones.
    09-25-14 10:51 AM