I want to purchase an unlocked Passport. I have a Z10 now on a plan from Bell that I started with them over 8 years ago. Should I have any problem just switching my SIM card out of the Z10 and putting it into a new Passport? It seems on Bell's webpage, that you would need to set up a new plan if you wanted to switch to a Passport?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 06:48 AM
    You'll need a micro SIM. The Z10/30 SIM is bigger than the Passport SIM

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.2204 / Telus
    06-19-15 06:55 AM
    You need nano sim, but you can basically cut your current sim smaller (so it's just the chip)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Daanisawesome; 06-19-15 at 08:45 AM.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-19-15 06:58 AM
    I assume, if I went into Bell, they would tell me that since they need to give me a different SIM card, they whisk have to change my plan?
    From the replies, I can cut my SIM card to fit without damaging it?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 07:00 AM
    I assume, if I went into Bell, they would tell me that since they need to give me a different SIM card, they whisk have to change my plan?

Posted via CB10
    I've done it. just do it carefully so you don't damage the chip.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 07:02 AM
    I want in to a Bell store and just said I need a micro sim. $5 and I was out the door. Had to call to get it activated on my phone number. Didn't tell them I had a new unlocked Passport (had a Z10). It works fine and they definitely would have made me change my plan since I have an unlimited data plan for $30. My profile online still shows a Z10 with them

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 07:12 AM
    The Passport requires a nano sim, not a micro sim. Your Z10 already uses a micro sim.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 08:09 AM
    Why would they make you change your plan just beck you need a different sim? That makes no sense... what does it matter what phone you are using if you didn't get it through them....

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-19-15 08:41 AM
    Yeah I bought an Unlocked passport to use on Bell, just went in to a Bell store and asked for a nano SIM. Only thing is they were going to charge me $35 because it wasn't an official Bell store (not sure what she meant, it was a Bell store..) and she said to go to the Source a couple stores down, they sold it to me for $5 no problem without changing my plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 08:45 AM
    Same boat as you, and went in, told them I had a passport bought at Shop BB and needed a new sim to fit,charged me $5 and off I went, try and get an adaptor so you can still us your Zeddy when you wish,lol Let them set it up for you.
    06-19-15 08:50 AM
    I want in to a Bell store and just said I need a micro sim. $5 and I was out the door. Had to call to get it activated on my phone number. Didn't tell them I had a new unlocked Passport (had a Z10). It works fine and they definitely would have made me change my plan since I have an unlimited data plan for $30. My profile online still shows a Z10 with them

Posted via CB10
    The fact that Bell still is saying you have the Z10, does it cause any issues when you get sent OS updates? I assume there would be a slight differences between the OS of the Z10 and Passport? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:18 AM
    The fact that Bell still is saying you have the Z10, does it cause any issues when you get sent OS updates? I assume there would be a slight differences between the OS of the Z10 and Passport? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't cause any issues at all with updating. (via the built in software updates,etc)

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:26 AM
    You shouldn't have any problems, simply head over to your nearest Bell or The Source and purchase a nano SIM (I believe the cost has recently increased to $9.95), you can log in to your Bell account at Mobile phones, TV, Internet and Home phone service | Bell Canada, click "Transfer my service to a new SIM card", and then put in the number on the back of the card... it's as easy as that.
    06-19-15 10:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    i walked into bell when i got my passport asked for a nano they said nothing except cool device and gave me a nano free of charge.
    06-19-15 10:38 AM
    I tried to get an upgrade from my Z10 to a Passport, but Bell wouldn't sell me the phone unless I upgraded my package as well. I even tried to buy it outright from them, and they still refused my money. I ended up buying it directly from shop BlackBerry and then just went in and got a new sim card. Their (Bell) district manager was dumbfounded that his staff would let an $850+ sale walk away. Now, I've cancelled Bell and pay $35 a month with Wind for unlimited data and calls. Grand total of savings is $550+ over 2 years. Best decision I've ever made.
    06-19-15 11:00 AM
    If you are buying your Passport outright, your plan will work. When you go buy your Nano sim I would ask for the NFC version it's the same price. In my case since I also have an older plan and came from the Z10 I bought the sim card and tried to do it through mybell but I came across an issue that my plan wasn't compatible so I called Bell tech support and they just placed an unknown phone on my plan details and it has been working since the Passport came out in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 11:09 AM
    I bought my unlocked Passport from an IT guy that couldn't use it anymore for his company.
    His company forced him to move to an Apple phone.

His loss is my gain.

I walked into the Source and got a Nano SIM card and walked out. Even the Source guy told me that the Passport was a cool phone.

If you have a BlackBerry plan you will not have any issues with changing your phone.

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    06-20-15 03:17 AM
    That means the store is a private dealer. It's not an official bell own and operated corporate store. The dealers are usually lazy and wants to make extra commission money for doing a 2 min service like changing SIM for $35. I would never buy a phone or deal with a private dealer. They are the sleaziest sales people. This goes for Telus and Rogers as well. Make sure you ask them if they are private or corporate store before you consider buying anything.

Yeah I bought an Unlocked passport to use on Bell, just went in to a Bell store and asked for a nano SIM. Only thing is they were going to charge me $35 because it wasn't an official Bell store (not sure what she meant, it was a Bell store..) and she said to go to the Source a couple stores down, they sold it to me for $5 no problem without changing my plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 05:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    No issues with updates for the Passport

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:47 PM