hi all,

is there anyone outside who also faced the issue i faced twice? just a moment ago i was not able to unlock the passport. the screen was locked but there was no option to enter the password. the only solution was to restart it after pressing the button on the top. strange situation...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 07:49 AM
    hi all,

is there anyone outside who also faced the issue i faced twice? just a moment ago i was not able to unlock the passport. the screen was locked but there was no option to enter the password. the only solution was to restart it after pressing the button on the top. strange situation...

Posted via CB10
    I sometimes have what seems like a similar problem. Turning the phone on and off (NOT re-booting) is one fix; but most of the time I just have to tap into the password field a couple of times until the number bar displays again at the bottom of the screen.

Note: I have ONLY had this issue since I had a 'mega-drop' of the phone onto a marble-tiled floor, which seems to have made the phone way more sensitive re 'swipe to wake'.

Hope this helps.
    07-11-15 12:11 PM
    This touches on an issue i've had with my Passport and really with all my BlackBerry phones (the PP is my ninth model BB).

I was considering starting a new thread about this, but I may as well post it here.

I have never used a case for any of my BlackBerry products, as I consider their indestructible-ness part of their feature set. However, I've noticed that as wear and tear on the device develops over the course of many months, there seems to be certain performance issues that manifest themselves.

One such issue is the waking behavior. Often times it takes several button presses of either the top button or the 'U' button to get the device to wake up.

Another is the crashing of individual programs. Many times i'll have a browser window, the weather window and the camera window (for example) open and all three will then crash, go translucent and pause for a second and then have to be reopened. This can be really annoying when trying to look something up quickly, only to faced with constant forced window closing. Rebooting seems to cure the issue, but it seems abundantly clear that the more wear and tear the unit gets, the worse the performance gets.

I guess this is to be expected as my ability to run 3 miles would be adversely affected by being punched in the face, but nonetheless it is frustrating. Yes, yes, I could get a case, but then what was the point of getting the red PP?

Just my. 02$

BL

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 12:26 PM