On the passport and 10.3 I hate how the last search you entered remains in the search field.

To search, you have to tap the cascade, then erase the last search you made and type the new one in. This significantly slows down workflow. Anyone else agree here??
    11-21-14 07:57 AM
    It takes a 3rd of a second to hit the little "x" to clear the search field...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:00 AM
    I dont clear it at all... I type "tw" for twitter... use the program... close twitter or minimize... then im back at the opened apps screen.. and I can start typing my next search... no pressing X necessary on 10.3.1151
    11-21-14 08:51 AM
    On the passport and 10.3 I hate how the last search you entered remains in the search field.

To search, you have to tap the cascade, then erase the last search you made and type the new one in. This significantly slows down workflow. Anyone else agree here??

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:28 AM
    What OS are you on? That's an issue with older (official) OS versions. Fixed in the newer versions.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:59 AM
    The real problem is that on Z phones the keyboard doesn't automatically come up. Very annoying but again it's not the official release yet
    Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1151

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:32 PM

Would be great if the search field was cleared if you minimize the assistant and later start typing on the home screen. Because, in this case, you are typing a new search and it should be treated as such.

Otherwise I'm fine with the current behavior, let's you begin to type a search, flip around a bit, then come back and finish entering the search text. But as I said, definitely should be cleared when the assistant is invoked by typing outside of any app.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:42 PM
    It takes a 3rd of a second to hit the little "x" to clear the search field...

Posted via CB10
    It may take a third of a second to tap the x, but it takes time to swipe up, tap the assistant app, then tap the x, then type your search...if you really want to split hairs here.

The Q10 had universal search by just typing. This new way takes away functionality and speed.
    11-22-14 06:49 PM
    Would be great if the search field was cleared if you minimize the assistant and later start typing on the home screen. Because, in this case, you are typing a new search and it should be treated as such.

Otherwise I'm fine with the current behavior, let's you begin to type a search, flip around a bit, then come back and finish entering the search text. But as I said, definitely should be cleared when the assistant is invoked by typing outside of any app.

Posted via CB10
    How often do you leave typing in the middle of a sentence? The search field should be cleared when you minimize the assistant or complete a search. Start fresh every time!
    11-22-14 06:51 PM
    Agree completely. I believe that it disrupts workflow. This should be corrected by blackberry. Other than that the passport is really growing on me
    11-22-14 06:53 PM
    How often do you leave typing in the middle of a sentence? The search field should be cleared when you minimize the assistant or complete a search. Start fresh every time!
    No! I want the current search to be there till I decide it shouldn't be.
    Besides, I shouldn't have to retype a search if a message comes in I want to deal with, or accidentally minimize the search when scrolling.

If I just start typing on the home screen I'm explicitly starting a new search. The field should clear itself. If I close the assistant and restart it I'm explicitly starting a new search, it should come up with a blank search field.
    Otherwise it should behave like every other app and maintain state till I change it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:07 PM