It's just a phone...

(now, where is my shotgun?)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:39 PM
    If somebody confronted me about my device of choice, well they just wouldn't and they haven't, but I would not handle it with patience and I would be ruthless with my words in my response. Hopefully they would cry by the end of the encounter. But, again, people wouldn't do that with me. HA!!! Just kiddin' (mostly)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 11:29 PM
    I've never had that happen. Closest was when my hair stylist said "wow, that's a really big BlackBerry!". But that was it. Co-workers have said things like "oh, that's the Passport" and a few others have had questions. But nothing disparaging. I'm curious if this is a phenomenon that's location or country specific...I'm on Vancouver Island in Canada. Although not exactly common, I'm not that surprised to ses BlackBerry handsets in use.

Posted via CB10
    I usually get an "is that a phone?" or " that's the Passport! Can I see it!?". I catch the occasional sideways glance from someone at a nearby table if I'm out too.

I'm on Vancouver Island as well.

The IT dept. At my job has asked me how I still like it, they were excited to see it when I first purchased it though.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 11:51 PM
    Don't take it personal. They are probably the same people who say, "hey I hacked my android" or "my iphone is for simple people with simple minds".
    iPhoners normally say "I want a phone that really works", everyone says that, oftenly without knowing something about any other device, and then "Oh, I have to charge, where's a socket? A socket please!"
    11-05-15 12:55 AM
    Man up and stop letting petty **** like this bother you so much.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-05-15 05:15 AM
    I work in the financial field! Collegues alwayz cracking jokes and laugh @ the Passport! Coudn't care less!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 05:24 AM
    11-05-15 07:49 AM
    My office mate always bashes my passport. He is a 100% apple user and currently carries an iPhone5. He calls my phone a dinosaur then watches in envy as everyone shares files using direct Wi-Fi and NFC. I run our Infotrak system on my phone and handle all of my mail while he fumbles around with Outlook apps that don't quite work as effectively as even the windows mail version. He complains about limited memory for storing photos and videos as I swap 64 gig memory sticks when taking work related photos. He carries an ipad, Surface Pro 2 and his iPhone5 to get daily tasks done.

I love it when he bashes my phone then sits in silence when he is excluded from regular daily functionality.
    11-05-15 07:56 AM
    Go to a Phone Store where they have 50 or more phones in a row.
    then approach them on 10 meters distance, can you tell the differences?
    If one of them is my Passport i coud tell you wich one, the rest i dont know its really all the same...
    11-05-15 08:37 AM
    Go to a Phone Store where they have 50 or more phones in a row.
    then approach them on 10 meters distance, can you tell the differences?
    If one of them is my Passport i coud tell you wich one, the rest i dont know its really all the same...
    Buying a phone for several hundred dollars because it looks different from 10 meters distance? Interesting concept. What was the title of this thread?
    Cynycl and Tre Lawrence like this.
    11-05-15 10:51 AM
    Not trying to sell anyone. Just stop bashing my phone choice and have an open mind to accept there might be something good about it. I don't say anything until I start getting attacked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    That's how exactly "the so called isheep" felt among crackberrian

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 10:55 AM
    Buying a phone for several hundred dollars because it looks different from 10 meters distance? Interesting concept. What was the title of this thread?
    Insecure passport owners and their attention seeking disorders ?
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    11-05-15 10:58 AM
    Fascinating thread. A couple of thoughts to ponder on:
    • Buying a Passport (or any device at all) does not make you unique. I know that might be painful to hear, but if you really want to stand out as different, do something major, like move to the Serengeti or stop using oxygen.
    • Once the words "confront" or "aggressive" become part of one's smartphone experience, it's probably time to re-evaluate where and how one spends one's time.
    • I'm not an expert on cultures and mores, but I am willing to guess that going to cellular stores to with the express purpose of challenging employees is not perceived in the best light, and does more damage to the brand said person is trying to promulgate.
    • Brand wars are hilarious.

Carry on, people. Do carry on!
    11-05-15 11:24 AM
    One of my cousins said she wouldn't take a BlackBerry phone even if it's given to her for free. LOL.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 11:33 AM
    BlackBerry Passport is awesome for hardware but is crap for software I think most people buy for design like me I dont have BlackBerry before but I don't know about crap OS10.
    why Samsung sell a lot with same designs because apps and faster device right now I only 2 things matter.
    11-05-15 01:39 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is awesome for hardware but is crap for software I think most people buy for design like me I dont have BlackBerry before but I don't know about crap OS10.
    why Samsung sell a lot with same designs because apps and faster device right now I only 2 things matter.
    My opinion is the exact opposite. Hardware anyone can do. its the software that really shines. Android requires serious hardware to get the same fluidity as OS10 and still the UI is like going back to windows 95. My hope is that Samsung who seems anxious to drop Android will be a potential buyer of Blackberry after they die and adopt OS10.i I would rather it be an North American company for sure as I never support China or Japan when I don't have to.
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-05-15 01:54 PM
    My opinion is the exact opposite. Hardware anyone can do. its the software that really shines. Android requires serious hardware to get the same fluidity as OS10 and still the UI is like going back to windows 95. My hope is that Samsung who seems anxious to drop Android will be a potential buyer of Blackberry after they die and adopt OS10.i I would rather it be an North American company for sure as I never support China or Japan when I don't have to.
    Nah... I wouldn't hold my breath. If Samsung picks up BlackBerry, I doubt BB10 would be anything but the FIRST thing Samsung shelves. That "Windows 95 UI" is its most valuable mobile asset.

BTW, I believe BB10 is a more intense resource hog than Android, but that's neither here nor there at this point, seeing that Blackberry is JAAO (Just Another Android OEM) now.
    11-05-15 02:02 PM
    for Android users is one thing matter if like to download instagram of fb they go in play store and they get it for 1min with last update if we need instagram we go to icrap or fb app like Nokia symbian
    and btw i dont give **** about US or China or Russia or anything I care about myself because I buy with my money not US or else
    11-05-15 02:07 PM
    Yep. I have met that kind of reaction the OP described. But I treat that kind of reaction as a funny trolling. Mostly, when I pick up my BlackBerry Passport out of the pocket, people starts asking to see it closer.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:16 PM
    for Android users is one thing matter if like to download instagram of fb they go in play store and they get it for 1min with last update if we need instagram we go to icrap or fb app like Nokia symbian
    and btw i dont give **** about US or China or Russia or anything I care about myself because I buy with my money not US or else
    We have very good apps for instragram fro OS10 in BBW for those who don't want to side load. Otherwise Snap or any of the other app hosts can make downloading and installing nearly as simple as Google play store. The problem is Google services dependent apps, right now It is mostly limited to games and kiddy/stalker apps like snapchat.
    You should care where you spend your money, without a healthy economy its value decreases by the day.
    11-05-15 02:24 PM
    We have very good apps for instragram fro OS10 in BBW for those who don't want to side load. Otherwise Snap or any of the other app hosts can make downloading and installing nearly as simple as Google play store. The problem is Google services dependent apps, right now It is mostly limited to games and kiddy/stalker apps like snapchat.
    You should care where you spend your money, without a healthy economy its value decreases by the day.
    if you buy Android phone you don't! need IOS or other software
    if you buy Apple phone you don't need Android or other software
    if you buy BlackBerry phone you need Android thats tell OS10 is crap

Done!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:28 PM
    That is not true. With OS10 you don't NEED any android apps. Many users here don't use many if any android apps at all.

*If you want to follow the crowd you need Android
    *If you want to follow the crowd yet feel somehow superior you need Apple
    *If you want to be a leader and look around to see what reality is without being fed through popular opinion you chose what best suits YOU
    For me and many here is OS10.

In reality Android NEEDS apps. Without apps its is nearly unusable for daily functions. This is why it is irritating that it is the most popular choice. Apple as much as I don't like will still do most anything you need out of the box. Blackberry even a step above that. While android cant manage your files, contacts, email properly without downloading something created by a totally different company.
    Asvertus and medic22003 like this.
    11-05-15 03:30 PM
    That is not true. With OS10 you don't NEED any android apps. Many users here don't use many if any android apps at all.

*If you want to follow the crowd you need Android
    *If you want to follow the crowd yet feel somehow superior you need Apple
    *If you want to be a leader and look around to see what reality is without being fed through popular opinion you chose what best suits YOU
    For me and many here is OS10.

In reality Android NEEDS apps. Without apps its is nearly unusable for daily functions. This is why it is irritating that it is the most popular choice. Apple as much as I don't like will still do most anything you need out of the box. Blackberry even a step above that. While android cant manage your files, contacts, email properly without downloading something created by a totally different company.
    That's one way to look at it.

No one "needs" apps. In fact, I just read a survey that rated the number of folks who use Android as-is (stock). Now, that's a true decision, unlike BB10. Using it without apps is almost easier.

The true measure of success for any platform is the ability to convince third-party entities to invest in it. No company can create ALL the software needed to create a device that it viable for everyone. What Apple, Android, MSFT and even BlackBerry have striven to do is to encourage others to bring their specialized knowledge to their platforms... with varying degrees of success.

The lack of apps isn't a feature, and even BBRY itself recognizes this.

Again, one's choice of smartdevice is not a measure of intellect or independence LOL.
    11-05-15 04:35 PM
    if you buy Android phone you don't! need IOS or other software
    if you buy Apple phone you don't need Android or other software
    if you buy BlackBerry phone you need Android thats tell OS10 is crap

Done!

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't call it crap; it's a great standalone OS.

It may need workarounds in some aspects, but it is a pretty nice product IMHO.
    11-05-15 04:39 PM
    Here's an idea. Let's just acknowledge that everyone is different and, therefore, has different needs, desires, preferences, etc. It really is okay if someone prefers a different smartphone than you - or none at all. It doesn't mean they are "idiots". It doesn't mean they are "sheep". It doesn't mean they have to follow the crowd. All it means is that, when it comes to smartphones, they chose differently than you.

Just get what you want and be happy. And if you're not happy, get something else. The fact that someone else chose a different smartphone than you and is happy with their choice is not a threat to your happiness. It's okay to let them be happy. You can be happy, too.

We can all be happy and still be different.

After all, it's just a phone.
    Tre Lawrence and ubizmo like this.
    11-05-15 04:56 PM
81 1234