Seriously, I work in tech and I'm baffled by the hate and mockery I get for this passport. people are so blind. I start getting pissed about some of the junk they say. It's useless trying to show them how powerful this device is and the value of the hub and swiping gestures. I say it's bb10 and completely different from the devices of just a few years ago. I show the swiping, the hub, the incredible screen, the long battery life. Blank stares. Then usually followed by "uh, blackberry sucks, I thought they went out of business years ago." idiots.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    11-04-15 08:35 AM
    11-04-15 08:45 AM
    Seriously, I work in tech and I'm baffled by the hate and mockery I get for this passport. people are so blind. I start getting pissed about some of the junk they say. It's useless trying to show them how powerful this device is and the value of the hub and swiping gestures. I say it's bb10 and completely different from the devices of just a few years ago. I show the swiping, the hub, the incredible screen, the long battery life. Blank stares. Then usually followed by "uh, blackberry sucks, I thought they went out of business years ago." idiots.

Why do you think they would be impressed with those things????

If you are happy... that should be enough. Stop trying to sell people on a device that clearly isn't going to meet the needs of everyone.
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    11-04-15 08:48 AM
    Why do you think they would be impressed with those things????

If you are happy... that should be enough. Stop trying to sell people on a device that clearly isn't going to meet the needs of everyone.
    Not trying to sell anyone. Just stop bashing my phone choice and have an open mind to accept there might be something good about it. I don't say anything until I start getting attacked.

11-04-15 09:00 AM
    I just laugh when people say that to me.

I jokingly say yeah, this BlackBerry Passport was the last phone they made 5 years ago. Then add it's too bad they died as a company because they were way to ahead if their time.

Then I walk away.

Hahahaah they believe me too as no one really knows what a pp is.

Posted via CB10
    gugomat, tatail and LyoobaBerry like this.
    11-04-15 09:57 AM
    You're probably taking it too personally. I found the most effective response to that kind of mentality is ask to see their phone. When I see an iPhone or Android device I just chuckle and say nothing. They invariably ask "what!?" and usually end up more pissed when I simply say "this is what I do, you wouldn't understand".

Posted via CB10
    gugomat and sulcopete like this.
    11-04-15 10:02 AM
    They do it because they can and have group agreement on nothing at all. Just Use your phone!! Be more productive than they are.

Jaglenn's Passport
    11-04-15 10:03 AM
    I work in tech though, and I've had people come running across a floor with giant eyes like a kid in a store. It's followed by 'is that a passssport? What do you think about it. I really wanted one but wasn't sure of...'

I've never had someone techy not know what it is.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-04-15 10:14 AM
    It's just a phone. If it does what you want, why should you care what others think?
    11-04-15 10:21 AM
    Just start hiding your phone from them whenever they come close and it surely makes them interested all of a sudden.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:23 AM
    Not trying to sell anyone. Just stop bashing my phone choice and have an open mind to accept there might be something good about it. I don't say anything until I start getting attacked.

Yeah. Have the same problem. Sometimes people are strangely offended when I set my Passport on the table and don't offer an explanation of what it is.

If they ask me aggressively, I usually reply "Don't worry about it, it's just a calculator with a cellular antenna."

If they're genuinely curious, I let them play with it and see what it is.

If they ask "Why don't you have a Droid or an iPhone?" I just shrug and say "Because I don't want one." and then they seem disappointed I don't wish to argue.

Posted via CB10
    Nels, alltorchedup and anon(19759) like this.
    11-04-15 10:54 AM
    I just laugh when people say that to me.

I jokingly say yeah, this BlackBerry Passport was the last phone they made 5 years ago. Then add it's too bad they died as a company because they were way to ahead if their time.

Then I walk away.

Hahahaah they believe me too as no one really knows what a pp is.

Posted via CB10
    I like this. Going to do that.

11-04-15 10:56 AM
    I work in tech though, and I've had people come running across a floor with giant eyes like a kid in a store. It's followed by 'is that a passssport? What do you think about it. I really wanted one but wasn't sure of...'

I've never had someone techy not know what it is.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Well, sales people in a tech company. Surprisingly uninformed about what's out there.

11-04-15 10:58 AM
    It's just a phone. If it does what you want, why should you care what others think?
    I have to agree. I certainly sympathize with the OP, but religious fervor over gadgets is, paradoxically, what is reducing the choices you have regarding which ones to buy. Certainly I'm never shy about my Passport, and if someone asks me about it or about BlackBerry 10, I'll go all day -- but if someone starts out sniping at me about it, I'm not going to spend much time trying to convince them of anything. Certainly, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-04-15 11:05 AM
    If you enjoy watching people go ballistic, take your Passport into a phone store or a Best Buy. Idiott salespeople don't know what to say. They do nothing but drink the IOS and Android koolaid.
    11-04-15 11:43 AM

All you should care about is your needs. Myself personally, I feel that BB10 is superior to IOS and Android as a productivity tool which is all I look for in a phone. If I need anything else, I have tablet, a pc, and a PS4
    11-04-15 02:01 PM
    All you should care about is your needs. Myself personally, I feel that BB10 is superior to IOS and Android as a productivity tool which is all I look for in a phone. If I need anything else, I have tablet, a pc, and a PS4
    It's that people start attacking me like I'm stupid for having it. That's when I get pissed.

11-04-15 02:02 PM
    It's that people start attacking me like I'm stupid for having it. That's when I get pissed.

I would ignore their comments and make sure that you do your job and work with them if that is a requirement of your job.
    11-04-15 02:09 PM
    Most people who look at my Passport are intrigued by the phone. Whenever the odd person comes around with a holier-than-thou attitude, I usually remind them that I like to stand out from the crowd and at least I'm not an iSlave.

Then I ask them how it feels to have the same phone as every other person on the planet and their mama.

They usually get pissed and run in the other direction.

Mission accomplished.
    11-04-15 04:16 PM
    I have got the same kind of attention before. They ask about it and say that blackberry sucks. Deep down I know they are interested. They are just scared to be different.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:28 PM
    Do you work with adolescents? Phone bashing... I would never expect that at work.

I wouldn't take it too personally, different people have different taste.

Posted via CB10
    Fernando Martin likes this.
    11-04-15 05:05 PM
    Don't take it personal. They are probably the same people who say, "hey I hacked my android" or "my iphone is for simple people with simple minds".

Any way BB10 is to complicated for them to wrap there head around. So don't waste you time trying to explain it to them.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 05:21 PM

Can always ask them if they jumped on any other bandwagons lately. I thought they went out of business is slang for I'm with apple/ android just cause everyone else is.
    anon(19759) likes this.
    11-04-15 05:30 PM
    I've never had that happen. Closest was when my hair stylist said "wow, that's a really big BlackBerry!". But that was it. Co-workers have said things like "oh, that's the Passport" and a few others have had questions. But nothing disparaging. I'm curious if this is a phenomenon that's location or country specific...I'm on Vancouver Island in Canada. Although not exactly common, I'm not that surprised to ses BlackBerry handsets in use.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 05:44 PM
    I've had two different best buy kids wowed and they wanted to hold it.

If any iPhone or android person starts arguing, I just chuckle and end it by saying good for you.

Other than that I couldn't care less what people think.

I tend to always be different. Im That guy that doesn't care about sports which they don't understand. I don't care about latest gossip. I don't care about what sally did on Facebook, so I deleted my fb and been liberated.

I like politics, tech, and the paranormal.

Most people don't argue too much since I'm in a position of power at work. They just look at me funny and go on with their day.

Perfect.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-15 06:02 PM
81 123 ...