Tech bloggers almost always criticized the blackberry Hub as not the solution for unified messages, yet they praise Android for their recently released Unified Inbox as the solution to all messaging dilemas....
    Gmail for Android finally has a unified inbox that puts every email in one place | The Verge

Some much hate for Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 03:00 PM
    I'm certainly not the final authority on this, but it seemed to me that most tech reviewers praised the hub; even if they dissed BlackBerry as a company or the device itself it seemed that they always liked the hub. Just my observations though . . .
    03-30-15 03:10 PM
    Agree with this. Most people like the HUB just not tied to BB10, which makes the plan to transition BB specific apps to other platforms very interesting. HUB could be a big winner on Android/IOS.
    03-30-15 03:13 PM
    yeah the verge they did a review on the passport and said theres a lack of apps, theres no instagram, the keyboard isnt great the fact that you can use the keyboard to scroll isnt very useful yup i trust them
    03-30-15 03:16 PM
    People don't care as much about 'apps' as ya'll be thinking. A huge percentage of users actually don't download apps. LoL, it's just a distraction from reality and those who succumb have a questionable level of intelligence.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-30-15 03:26 PM
    yeah its all BS, how many damn apps do you really need its just an excuse people just dont wanna admit that bb kicks arse and takes names
    thymaster and double_fault like this.
    03-30-15 03:27 PM
    Nah, even John Chen knows apps make or break a platform. You as an individual may not need the added functionality a healthy ecosystem brings, but plenty of people do.

Some people use apps, some don't. It just makes sense for a platform to cater to both.
    bodjor likes this.
    03-30-15 03:34 PM
    Agree with this. Most people like the HUB just not tied to BB10, which makes the plan to transition BB specific apps to other platforms very interesting. HUB could be a big winner on Android/IOS.
    Agreed.

The sooner the better though. If BBRY is going that route, getting these pieces it quickly is key.
    03-30-15 03:36 PM
    if it really was just about apps blackberry would have been dead a long time ago
    03-30-15 03:46 PM
    Just tried it out. About time! Can't believe they've waited so long to get this going.

Still would like account color coding within the unified inbox, and an ability to toggle conversation mode.

I like the update.
    03-30-15 10:21 PM
    I partially agree with OP. I recall having read at least 3 reviews where HUB was labeled as "too overwhelming" and/or "inaccessible" for various reasons. Of course, I laughed at how these reviewers still had a job doing such criticisms without knowing the ins and outs of the OS. What made it worse was when they were corrected: their response was absolute muteness! Total bias! Or much worse perhaps: poor ethics.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:23 PM
    I partially agree with OP. I recall having read at least 3 reviews where HUB was labeled as "too overwhelming" and/or "inaccessible" for various reasons. Of course, I laughed at how these reviewers still had a job doing such criticisms without knowing the ins and outs of the OS. What made it worse was when they were corrected: their response was absolute muteness! Total bias! Or much worse perhaps: poor ethics.

Posted via CB10
    Poor ethics? For an opinion?

I don't recall any serious disses if the hub. I did hear one reviewer say that BB10's ecosystem holds the hub back -- and that was a fairly intuitive point.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 03-31-15 at 12:40 AM.
    03-31-15 12:08 AM
    For the love of god, when will gmail allow me to disable conversation mode. I'm a not a teenage girl. That email is a complete mess. It is the worst email experience I've ever had to endure.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-31-15 12:36 AM
    The Verge does swim with bias. Holy crap does it ever. But I also have to point out it's not necessarily an apples-to-apples comparison. Sure, unified inbox lets Android users access all their email in one place but Hub does that and more. Looking at it this way, it's understandable they didn't have anything negative to say at all about a Google product. Essentially nothing was changed but a UI/UX element implementation. Convenient as it may be, it isn't anything different from what it was.

Hub changed everything about how we accessed our notifications, social media, email etc., a completely different approach from the norm established over the last few years. But just like every good idea, someone's going to emulate it. Imitation is flattering, but should be viewed in the proper light.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:05 AM
    I hope BlackBerry smartens up and charge Android users for using the Hub. It's about time Android users start paying for their apps instead pirating APK files.

Best case scenario is put advertising in the hub. For people who enjoys the app without the ads can pay a monthly subscription. This is a no brainer because business men are willing to pay for such services to increase productivity without having to purchase a BlackBerry phone.

03-31-15 05:04 AM
    I hope BlackBerry smartens up and charge Android users for using the Hub. It's about time Android users start paying for their apps instead pirating APK files.

Best case scenario is put advertising in the hub. For people who enjoys the app without the ads can pay a monthly subscription. This is a no brainer because business men are willing to pay for such services to increase productivity without having to purchase a BlackBerry phone.
    You talking about Android users or users of its own runtime? LOL.

Don't know if the subscription model would work.
    03-31-15 07:34 AM
    That would be a good way to have people not bother with the Hub at all. Even the very vast majority of BlackBerry users don't want to pay a small fee for a custom pin or no ads in BBM. So why would android users pay for the hub?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:29 PM
    The gmail update finally came to my Android phone today and I was surprised to see that you can't set it to open in the 'All Inboxes'. You still have to select it and if you close the app, it will reset to the single account inbox which is kind of a fail in my opinion. I guess it is still better than not having it at all but they are still making the user go through an extra step to really make it useful. All the more reason I guess why I hate email on my Android phone and keep using my Z30 as my daily device.

I think someone could make some money offering a BlackBerry like email app on Android as all the offerings out there are really limited (and I've tried quite a few).
    thymaster likes this.
    04-03-15 07:08 AM
    The gmail update finally came to my Android phone today and I was surprised to see that you can't set it to open in the 'All Inboxes'. You still have to select it and if you close the app, it will reset to the single account inbox which is kind of a fail in my opinion. I guess it is still better than not having it at all but they are still making the user go through an extra step to really make it useful. All the more reason I guess why I hate email on my Android phone and keep using my Z30 as my daily device.

I think someone could make some money offering a BlackBerry like email app on Android as all the offerings out there are really limited (and I've tried quite a few).
    Agreed... a bit weird not to have the option to toggle default all inbox on open.

There are a couple combined email apps on Android, but from a raw mirroring point of view, Gmail is probably the best handler of, well, Gmail LOL.
    04-03-15 07:25 AM
    I'm pretty sure that someone is BlackBerry, if Chen comes through with his announced plans to launch "BlackBerry Experience" apps on Android and iOS.

It'd be nice to be able to switch between any platform and have a consistent set of "core" apps.

Unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath hoping BlackBerry will actually execute and deliver smooth apps on time for all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:38 AM
    Agreed... a bit weird not to have the option to toggle default all inbox on open.

There are a couple combined email apps on Android, but from a raw mirroring point of view, Gmail is probably the best handler of, well, Gmail LOL.
    At this point, I'm using 'Nine' for all my Outlook EAS accounts (I have 5) and I use the Gmail app just for my Gmail accounts. Once Nine gets around to implementing IMAP, I'll be able to get rid of the Gmail app.
    04-03-15 08:39 AM
    I'm pretty sure that someone is BlackBerry, if Chen comes through with his announced plans to launch "BlackBerry Experience" apps on Android and iOS.

It'd be nice to be able to switch between any platform and have a consistent set of "core" apps.

Unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath hoping BlackBerry will actually execute and deliver smooth apps on time for all platforms.
    Agreed. Would be great, but I'm not optimistic.
    04-03-15 08:40 AM