I went into the Carphone Warehouse shop at Fosse Park, Leicester, England on Sunday 12th October 2014. I had 10 minutes to spare and thought I will go and have a look at the Passport, as I am due a change from my Z10.
    I walked around the shop twice, looking for the device and thought to myself I must be missing it somewhere, considering it's size, that is nearly impossible.
    Obviously looking a little bemused an eager shop assistant came up to me and asked if she could help.
    I said to her, that I was looking for the BB Passport.
    Her reply was is that a phone or a tablet ?
    I told her it was a big phone.
    Her reply was Blackberry aren't bringing any new phones out as they have gone bust !!!!!
    Looking shocked I told her that they weren't going bust and they had just launched a brilliant new phone which had a lot of media coverage.
    I told her to go on her own Company's website and have a look.
    I just couldn't believe it, no wonder more people are not buying into the BB experience when you are getting inane advice from the Premier Phone shop in the UK.
    How frustrating must this be for Blackberry.
    Anybody else had a similar problem ?
    10-13-14 03:10 AM
    This has pretty much been discussed to death here!:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ail-uk-966630/
    10-13-14 03:22 AM
    Denounce on Twitter...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:49 AM
    one word for her ..........................braindead
    10-13-14 05:00 AM
    Seems to depend on the particular CW store. The one near me, in a shopping centre in Northern Ireland, has two separate display units on either side of the shop as you walk in. The one on the right is for the iPhone 6, and the one on the left, facing it, is a 7-8 foot tall 2 foot wide BlackBerry Passport stand with integrated TV screen and BlackBerry Passport promotional video looping. The stand has space for three phones to display and has a q5 and q10 displayed. Strangely the space for the passport is empty, which kind of defeats the purpose of the whole effort. I guess they must have been sold out before even CW could get them...
    Oh, and they also have some promotional fliers to lift as well.
    I think BlackBerry got fair treatment in this store.
    eking3030 likes this.
    10-13-14 05:43 AM
    Definitely a lack of parity there. Just seems strange that all they're really interested in is selling u an IPhone or a Samsung S5. Lack of interest in any other device. Really lazy of them.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:59 AM
    She sounds like a blonde bimbo. I would have ripped her a new one and made a fool of her.

BlackBerry's gone bust?, wanna see their current share price vs the price I bought them at, then tell me who's gone bust sweetheart.
    10-13-14 06:17 AM
    I'm just wondering why the retail stores do not pay more attention to the training level of their staff...

I mean, this wouldn't be such an effort. A weekly 10 minutes briefing with all the new devices launched, or at least those which are actually offered by the particular store would be well enough.

How can someone working in that industry not even know that BlackBerry is actually in the business?
    10-13-14 06:32 AM
    Just went into a CPW to see when they would be getting any. The guy didn't really have a clue and said to keep checking the website for updates.

But at the end of the day we can't really blame them if they have no stock.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:09 AM
    I had to go into an apple shop to change my ipad, when the guy saw my passport, he was like wow what's that. So I showed him what this wonderful phone can do and also the videos of my ipad clearly faulty. He said he couldn't believe BlackBerry have brought out such a great phone! This was in the busiest apple shop too, everyone was looking at me, so I walked out happy!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:38 AM
    Lack of interest in any other device. Really lazy of them.
    I doubt that it had anything to do with laziness and everything to do with sales incentives and profit.
    These places might claim to want to find a phone to fit you, but when they actually do is fit you to the phone they want to flog the most.
    10-13-14 07:49 AM
    He said he couldn't believe BlackBerry have brought out such a great phone! This was in the busiest apple shop too, everyone was looking at me, so I walked out happy!
    Nice! BlackBerry need all the promotion they can get.
    10-13-14 07:51 AM