hi there,

I just bought the Blackberry Passport (black) from amazon - my previous phone was iPhone 6.

Right now i'm bit confused by the following reasons:

I've checked from this page: BlackBerry OS 10 – BlackBerry 10.3 OS Software Features - United Kingdom

It say whats's new OS: 10.3.3

and I've checked my BB - it say 10.3.2.2836 (it keep saying: you have the latest software)

I cant seem to figure out whats going on - i want official release version from BB website not various source because too many version atm.

what i should do? wait for the official release or just update by manual?

regards
    FireDuck
    01-09-17 08:31 AM
    Assume it was an unlocked phone from Amazon....

You could try removing the SIM card and connecting to Wi-Fi and checking that way. But there are lots of folks with unlocked phones that still aren't seeing the update yet. Maybe BlackBerry is conserving server capacity and rolling these out few new devices added each week....
    01-09-17 09:05 AM
    There is only one source for the 10.3.3.2163 update - and that's BlackBerry.

Others are simply making it available to you in different formats and cloud types.

/blackberry-10-os-f269/os-10-3-3-2163-live-links-1094817/
    01-09-17 09:08 AM
    I would reset in link and plug into comp if easy things don't work. Might have a bad load on it right now.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-09-17 10:07 AM
    Assume it was an unlocked phone from Amazon....

You could try removing the SIM card and connecting to Wi-Fi and checking that way. But there are lots of folks with unlocked phones that still aren't seeing the update yet. Maybe BlackBerry is conserving server capacity and rolling these out few new devices added each week....
    I've tried your method but fail to update, maybe you are right but I'm surly it cant be that long to conserving server capacity? by the way I'm from United Kingdom (London) I'm still waiting for the update .
    01-10-17 01:45 PM
    I notice this thread is older but I was wondering if you had any luck with getting the update? I have a Passport SE purchased unlocked on Amazon and as of this post I haven't received the update. My device is using an At&t sim card and with the Sim out still no update. Att website shows the latest software is 10.3.3 being available of which I still have my At&t version passport but haven't taken it out of the box to see if it will get the update.
    03-12-17 12:13 PM
    My AT&T is a no-go. I'm thinking I may not even update. Every day that passes seems to issue in the words for a cartoon train-wreck, played with no sound.

Seriously. These updates are so disjointed! Does Apple pee the bed like this with updates? This version... that version... recall this one... side load that one.

Such wasted energy. So frustrating too, for me, who isn't really into tinkering with the innards of my phone with things that may go to poo if one step or instruction isn't followed correctly.

For BlackBerry being a Software Company, their steps for these updates look like a staggering sailor on leave.

For those tempted to flame me for sharing this: please don't. I'm sure there are MANY users that don't want to brick their phone or screw the pooch by ( | <-- half-@$5ing some work-around.

For the resources BlackBerry is apparently saving, and for the focus-factor that their licensing of hardware should be providing, this looks like a complete mess.

If AT&T is listing 10.3.3 as available (and I've not looked... having a factory-unlocked OG proved, for me, that's the only way to go) then why would BlackBerry (the software company) have even a belch of trouble pushing this out?

For myself, I will only buy factory-unlocked devices. I simply don't wish to allow the time to monkey with the process. Some have this as a hobby, and that's cool! I play music and sew custom kites for a couple of my hobbies.

It almost feels embarrassing that BlackBerry isn't LEADING the information-path to the answer.

WITHOUT CRACKBERRY KEVIN AND BLA1ZE & ASSOCIATES, WE'D BE UP 54IT CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE.

Thanks for listening... this commentary has been building for some time. And... you just can't make this stuff up! :-/
    03-12-17 01:12 PM
    Nice to get a little confirmation as well with my frustrations.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 03:49 PM
    Update

Apparently the at&t update only works for their version of the Passport. I put my Sim card into the at&t Passport and checked and it processed the update to 10.3.3. Placed the Sim back into my SE and again stated that it has the latest update. Guess I will also be waiting and see if it will eventually process the update.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    03-12-17 09:51 PM
    Update

Apparently the at&t update only works for their version of the Passport. I put my Sim card into the at&t Passport and checked and it processed the update to 10.3.3. Placed the Sim back into my SE and again stated that it has the latest update. Guess I will also be waiting and see if it will eventually process the update.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    I will most likely have to go autoloader route. Just trying to find best way to back up my device as BlackBerry link seems not to be supported any longer.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 09:15 AM
    I will most likely have to go autoloader route. Just trying to find best way to back up my device as BlackBerry link seems not to be supported any longer.

Posted via CB10
    I had trouble connecting to link over the weekend with the Passport SE. It found the device but told me it didn't have BB10 installed which I knew wasn't correct. I read some where on Crackberry to try re-installing link and it works as should now after the Re installation.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    03-13-17 05:53 PM