Hi - wonder if anyone can help me with the above, I've just taken delivery of a Passport and have successfully transferred everything from the Z30 apart from my SMS messages - some ~5400.

I've tried using the device switch app as recommended by Blackberry - both over wifi and by backing up to a media card. And each time I can see the Z30 successfully back them up to SD card or process them and start to transfer over wifi. But the Passport never receives them - it just sits there with the wheel going round saying it's either receiving them over wifi or processing them when trying to restore from media card.

I've left it for around an hour using both methods and nothing - bearing in mind the backup on the Z30 takes around 5mins I can't believe it takes this long or more to restore them. Just looks like this is not working for some reason.

Has anyone any ideas on what I can do, I really don't want to not have all this history on my Passport. The O/S versions running are:

Z30 - 10.3.1.1784.
    Passport - 10.3.1.1779.

Have posted on the official Blackberry support forum as well, but no reply as yet.

Thanks in advance.
    04-28-15 02:59 PM
    1/ SMS are not backed up by bblink. The only way for you to save your SMS is to save to a media card with an app on your phone.
    2/ if you have done that, swap the media card from Z30 to PP.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-28-15 03:12 PM
    Search BlackBerry app world for an SMS backup program. Chances are it can also restore as well.
    04-28-15 03:12 PM
    1/ SMS are not backed up by bblink. The only way for you to save your SMS is to save to a media card with an app on your phone.
    2/ if you have done that, swap the media card from Z30 to PP.

Yeah so I did that using the Device Switch app that Blackberry recommend. This was on the Z30 - all went fine, but then it just won't restore on the Passport. Even though when I launch Device Switch on the Passport it recognizes there's a backup file on the media card and prompts to restore it. It's almost as if there's something in one or more of the SMS that it can't handle?
    04-28-15 03:15 PM
    Search BlackBerry app world for an SMS backup program. Chances are it can also restore as well.
    Yes, three pop up. So might just take a punt on one of them for 1.50 and see what happens. Can't be bothered to wait a week or more for Blackberry Support to reply, if they reply at all that is.
    04-28-15 03:33 PM
    In my opinion, it would be easier to use a third party app(even though we should not need to) to resolve your issue in particular.
    04-28-15 04:07 PM
    Yes, in the end I used SMS Backup by epic windmill - who has posted on here at http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ssages-801268/

It appears to have worked .... mostly. Backed up 5609 and restored 5609, however when I now go into Text Messages they don't all appear to be there and the dates on some messages are not quite right. Think I'll reply to the thread above as the developer seems pretty active.

Thanks for the replies anyway. I'm happier than I was !!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-28-15 04:22 PM
    If you have not already done this, hard boot the phone, press and hold vol up/down buttons till the device restarts. 10-15 seconds. Device will or should index all the SMS messages.
    julian924s likes this.
    04-28-15 04:25 PM
    If you have not already done this, hard boot the phone, press and hold vol up/down buttons till the device restarts. 10-15 seconds. Device will or should index all the SMS messages.
    You star, thanks !! Never even heard of doing that before but it sorted it.
    04-29-15 06:24 AM
    Glad it worked for you.
    04-29-15 06:26 AM
    Yeah so I did that using the Device Switch app that Blackberry recommend. This was on the Z30 - all went fine, but then it just won't restore on the Passport. Even though when I launch Device Switch on the Passport it recognizes there's a backup file on the media card and prompts to restore it. It's almost as if there's something in one or more of the SMS that it can't handle?
    Pp has a different sim card. Different size different format. If you are using the same number on your passport and you have transferred your number over, then your z30 sim card is dead and so are you texts. Bblink does not touch your media card. It does not back up your media card.

04-29-15 08:12 AM
    Sms aren't stored on sim typically and the op stated issue was resolved. As for link backing up and restoring, that should have worked initially. At least now op has an alternative I believe.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-29-15 08:27 AM
    Yes, so I've migrated from 9900 to Z10 to Z30 recently and never had an issue with SMS's not being transferred, or local contacts for that matter. When going from Z30 to Passport BB Link did state that it couldn't do local contacts or calendar events from memory but ALL apps and media were done fine.

I just used BB Link and followed what "it" suggested to do. Once that was done and I saw no SMS or contacts I stumbled across the Switching Devices in the Setup menu and again just followed what "it" suggested with the Device Switch app and contacts, calendar events were copied just not SMS.

And so my issues as outlined above began. As for the SIM I've requested a nano through giffgaff who can then just switch it automatically. In the meantime I cut down the SIM from the Z30. Had no idea it was a nano card, I sat bemused for a few minutes when I opened the Passport up....

Sorted in the end though, SMS Backup saved me this time so I'm happy. Just need to stop upgrading BB's and be happy with what I've got
    04-29-15 08:49 AM
    There have been reports on users having problems removing cut down Sims from the device. I won't say be extra careful cause you sound like your your self together in that regards.

But I will say be careful only because others will as well.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-29-15 08:54 AM
    Yes, I watched some youtube clips on this first before taking the plunge and doing it. Certainly would NOT recommend doing this to anyone and I was just being impatient. Sooner the replacement SIM turns up the better. Appears that micro SIM's are a little fatter than nano ones as well.
    04-29-15 09:04 AM