01-09-16 09:58 AM
26 12
tools
    I am unable to open any type of email attachment on my new Passport - "Attachment could not be downloaded".* I checked to see if the attachment was corrupted but it's not and also rebooted several times.*Still cannot open any attachment.* I could open them before when I had a Z10 but since the upgrade to the Passport, no longer could.
    Please advise.
    11-26-15 12:54 PM
    You can open .eml in passport, only the subject of the attached email cannot be too long

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-27-15 08:20 AM
    Yup. I'm getting this as well. Recently it happened with a .png and .jpg file.
    Last edited by thanasi; 12-03-15 at 04:51 PM.
    12-02-15 08:42 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a solution? I can't access ANY attachments. I'm on OS 10.3.2.2639. I also can't log into Outlook through my browser. Not sure why I'm getting this issue. It's beyond frustrating!

Unable to open any email attachments on Passport-img_20151203_144736_edit.png
    12-03-15 04:50 PM
    Try going into hub under the three dots.
    If I remember correctly under accounts.
    You can go find the setting that stops download of attachments.
    Make sure the setting is set to download attachments to your phone.
    12-07-15 07:49 PM
    Settings --> Display and Actions --> Download Images Automatically

Simply pre-downloads images within emails. Without that option checked, you can still manually download. Obviously not the issue the OP is having, since even if that option was unchecked, he should be able to open the images when tapping them.

I am unable to open any type of email attachment on my new Passport - "Attachment could not be downloaded".* I checked to see if the attachment was corrupted but it's not and also rebooted several times.*Still cannot open any attachment.* I could open them before when I had a Z10 but since the upgrade to the Passport, no longer could.
    Please advise.
    Have you reset the device by holding down power up + power down? You only mentioned rebooting.
    12-07-15 08:22 PM
    I had this issue with an outlook email account, I went into the outlook settings on a pc and changed 'pop' settings to yes, then deleted the account from the passport and then entered it again and it works perfectly now. Maybe the same issue you have?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 01:37 AM
    Settings --> Display and Actions --> Download Images Automatically

Simply pre-downloads images within emails. Without that option checked, you can still manually download. Obviously not the issue the OP is having, since even if that option was unchecked, he should be able to open the images when tapping them.

Have you reset the device by holding down power up + power down? You only mentioned rebooting.
    That's not it. "Download Images Automatically" has always been toggled on for me.
    12-08-15 10:53 AM
    I had this issue with an outlook email account, I went into the outlook settings on a pc and changed 'pop' settings to yes, then deleted the account from the passport and then entered it again and it works perfectly now. Maybe the same issue you have?

Posted via CB10
    I'm certain this is an Outlook issue. I think Microsoft may have changed some things with Outlook because I can't logon through the browser. I get "Bad Request." I will try what you are recommending. Can you direct me to that setting please?
    12-08-15 10:56 AM
    That's not it. "Download Images Automatically" has always been toggled on for me.
    Of course it's not. User shawnreum doesn't understand what settings actually mean.

Did you try hard resetting the phone, rather than just rebooting?

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    12-08-15 12:44 PM
    I'm certain this is an Outlook issue. I think Microsoft may have changed some things with Outlook because I can't logon through the browser. I get "Bad Request." I will try what you are recommending. Can you direct me to that setting please?
    Yes go to outlook on a pc (or desktop website through zeus browser like I did) in the top right corner there's three dots, press that then the settings cog appears , click the cog and open settings, click,'options, then it'll open in the left side of the screen you should see an option for 'pop and imap', click that and then switch it to 'yes' and save settings. After that is saved to yes go to your email settings on your blackberry and delete the email address affected, then simply re enter it and it should be working fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 02:13 PM
    Yes go to outlook on a pc (or desktop website through zeus browser like I did) in the top right corner there's three dots, press that then the settings cog appears , click the cog and open settings, click,'options, then it'll open in the left side of the screen you should see an option for 'pop and imap', click that and then switch it to 'yes' and save settings. After that is saved to yes go to your email settings on your blackberry and delete the email address affected, then simply re enter it and it should be working fine.

Posted via CB10
    It should work but do you know what to do if you still want an imap account?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 03:47 PM
    Of course it's not. ****

Did you try hard resetting the phone, rather than just rebooting?

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    I've reset plenty of times. Even removed and re-added my account on multiple occasions. It still persists.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-09-15 at 08:07 AM. Reason: cleanup
    12-08-15 05:48 PM
    I just tried using my outlook (receiving end) and got the same error message.
    Unable to open any email attachments on Passport-img_20151208_175055.png
    I also tried sending to my Gmail from my outlook and it worked fine. It's an outlook issue as others have stated.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    12-08-15 05:57 PM
    I just tried using my outlook (receiving end) and got the same error message.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151208_175055.png 
Views:	496 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	383627
    I also tried sending to my Gmail from my outlook and it worked fine. It's an outlook issue as others have stated.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    This came up in the forums months ago. Not sure if they ever found a fix.
    Think it was some time back around April when I saw a few posts about it.

Could do a search and see if you can come up with something.

Good luck with it though.

UPDATE.....
    Just ran across this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1052525

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 07:02 PM
    The thread that I started a day before this one and then found my own fix for which I posted on both that thread and this thread, hope my fix works for others if they give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 01:15 AM
    I have a similar problem but with blend in conjunction with my passport when responding to emails, they do not go through:

Unable to open any email attachments on Passport-img_20151125_091905_edit.png
    Unable to open any email attachments on Passport-img_20151125_091858_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 10:40 AM
    The thread that I started a day before this one and then found my own fix for which I posted on both that thread and this thread, hope my fix works for others if they give it a try.
    Thank you for the feedback!
    12-09-15 06:30 PM
    I have a similar problem but with blend in conjunction with my passport when responding to emails, they do not go through:

Name:	IMG_20151125_091905_edit.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	383700

Name:	IMG_20151125_091858_edit.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	383701

Posted via CB10
    I have this issues along side the attachment not opening!!
    However after a hour or so the emails do eventually send. So unsure why that is. But i do have the pic issue thing...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did exactly as you said. It works for a bit but then it happens all over again! Deleted and volume reset the phone and re-added but same issues again. I've just done it again so let's see what happens now...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 01:41 PM
    This problem started this week! The fix of deleting the email address and reinstalling worked for me! I can now open attachments!

8830<9650<9810<Playbook64<Q10<Passport
    12-11-15 12:30 PM
    This problem started this week! The fix of deleting the email address and reinstalling worked for me! I can now open attachments!

8830<9650<9810<Playbook64<Q10<Passport
    Give it some time and it'll be back lol
    01-06-16 02:12 PM
    My wife has the same issue on her Passport. Will try the fixes...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 12:10 AM
    The fix only works temporarily. I now have to forward email attachments to my Gmail account in order to open them

Blackberry should be sorting this out with microsoft. ... OR is this yet another sign that blackberry are abandoning their BB10 customers ? I have a million and one hardware issues and software freezes with my priv...but attachments download like nothing!

HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro 2, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry Z10, HTC One M7, HTC One M8, BlackBerry Passport, Blackberry Passport SE & Blackberry Priv (regrettably)
    01-07-16 01:01 AM
    Having the attachment and the can't send issues on my Passport and my Samsung S4. Don't know what to do anymore. My wife has the attachment issue on her Z30.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the account. Works for a day or so then back to having the issues.

How can we contact Microsoft ? Can't find an email for Outlook / Hotmail.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 09:51 AM
26 12