Has anyone had this error?

I've been unable to install skype because of it.

It happened when they switched to only having the amazon version... it tried to update it using the amazon appstore and it seemed to uninstall itself and now I'm unable to reinstall it... I've tried both skype apps in the amazon store and both have the same issue...

I've had the problem with other apps but I thought it was just cause they were no longer compatible.

I have wiped and reinstalled everything on my phone and it still doesn't work... any idea's?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 10:59 AM
    Have you tried installing the Skype using Blackberry World?
    If you haven't tried it yet, i suggest you to use it since Skype is also available in Blackberry world
    12-09-15 02:32 AM
    That's why I had the issue... the BlackBerry world app is out of date and it says to use the amazon one...

I've wiped my phone and still seem to have the issue so I've got no idea what the problem...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 02:35 AM
    Hi I got Skype via 9Apps. It is a good app store. I have also gotten Viber & Norton Mobile Anti Virus and a few others from there & they all run very well even the ESPN app. Do look at the Android Run Times as I have found 4.01-4.03 will run but once you get past that it becomes an issue as BB10 the run time is 4.0.
    Good luck & I hope this helps. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE, 64GB Playbook & Retired Z10.
    12-09-15 04:23 AM
    I used bbw Skype the other day and it worked fine. Strange how your's doesn't

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 04:35 AM
    Ah! I see, BTW if you don't mind may I ask what is the model of your unit?
    12-09-15 07:59 PM
    It's the original version in black... SQW100-1 is says under the model number

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 12:30 AM
    That's why I had the issue... the BlackBerry world app is out of date and it says to use the amazon one...

I've wiped my phone and still seem to have the issue so I've got no idea what the problem...

Posted via CB10
    Instead of wiping your phone can you do software reload?
    if you do that maybe the BlackBerry World will be updated again and you can download Skype and use it.
    Because if you do wipe your unit it will just lead you to the default setting means nothing change, but doing software reload is different from wiping some default app can be updated if you do that so maybe you can try it
    12-10-15 12:47 AM
    Aaahh... I didn't think there was a difference... I will give it a go when I get in from work tonight... after I've worked out how to back up a couple of apps... well... mainly what's app...

Thanks for the help... i'll let you know how I get on!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 12:52 AM
    MARIA_PAZ!!!!!!!

You are a legend!!!

I've just restored everything like you said and it works!!! There was a few other apps that had the same issue and it's all fixed!! Woop woop!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 06:48 AM
    I downloaded skype using Snap. It works fine. I didn't know it was in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 11:27 AM
    MARIA_PAZ!!!!!!!

You are a legend!!!

I've just restored everything like you said and it works!!! There was a few other apps that had the same issue and it's all fixed!! Woop woop!!!

Posted via CB10
    WOW!!

That's good to hear
    I'm happy I could help
    12-13-15 08:28 PM