Hey guys I got my Passport the day after the launch and immediately went to AT&T to get the nano sim for its for use. After finally getting everything under way I'm unable to get LTE service anyone know if it may be an APN configuration or sim issue or possible something else? Definitely is a huge deal to me especially paying AT&T as much as I do a month to not be able to get the service let alone pay $600 for this device and not get the full potential out of it.

I essentially have called AT&T and they weren't even aware of the device of course let alone even know anything in reference to the APN setting i asked of, and we'll I'm sure you can imagine how it went in store as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:28 PM
    Ya mine is not as good as my Z30, but I think the os with a new radio will help.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 11:37 PM
    You need to use a different IMEI number from something like a Z10. I had the same issue because when getting the new sim, they used the IMEI from the PP and it has the issue as AT&T does not know what it is capable of. In that case they drop back to 4G. So if you have an LTE device like a Z10 or iPhone then have them use that on your account. They use to be able to use a dummy IMEI number but seems like they have a policy now prohibiting that.

Also make sure they did not change your phone plan type away from an LTE smartphone. That is another pitfall when someone starts making changes to the account for a phone they have never seen.

Good luck...it does work

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:41 AM
    I just came back from the AT&T store with the same result: no LTE.

The rep and manager both said they cannot put a dummy IMEI into the system to enable LTE. So what shall I ask them to do?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    09-28-14 10:00 AM
    I just came back from the AT&T store with the same result: no LTE.

The rep and manager both said they cannot put a dummy IMEI into the system to enable LTE. So what shall I ask them to do?

Use the IMEI from your iPhone, and just insert the activated nano SIM into the Passport. You may also need to configure the APN manually on the Passport, for which I'm sure Google can provide an answer.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:06 AM
    Use the IMEI from your iPhone, and just insert the activated nano SIM into the Passport. You may also need to configure the APN manually on the Passport, for which I'm sure Google can provide an answer.

Posted via CB10
    So the thing is I'm trying to activate the passport on a new line. AT&T is happy to do that, but 4G only.

Are you saying activate a new line on my iPhone and then transfer that new SIM to the passport? Would I be able to restore my original number then to the iPhone?

I suppose I could swap the two SIMs, then have AT&T fix the lack of LTE then on my iPhone, and then swap them back?

Chavez78 likes this.
    09-28-14 10:10 AM
    So the question to AT&T is whether an IMEI can be assigned to two accounts at the same time. If it can then put your iPhone IMEI on both and that will do it. I do not know if that is a possibility or not but a friendly sales person will try as long as your kindness overwhelms them. Since they are making a sale on a phone they sometimes are not that helpful.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:13 PM
    Mine was working fine getting LTE until today, it would only get 4g. Same issue, they couldn't recognize the device, so I just called and said I was going back to my q10, gave them that imei, now my passport has LTE again.
    09-28-14 06:10 PM
    So the question to AT&T is whether an IMEI can be assigned to two accounts at the same time. If it can then put your iPhone IMEI on both and that will do it. I do not know if that is a possibility or not but a friendly sales person will try as long as your kindness overwhelms them. Since they are making a sale on a phone they sometimes are not that helpful.
    I could have them enter the IMEI from my nexus 5, which works fine on AT&T LTE. The issue is they can't put the same IMEI on two different lines at the same time. (or at least the manager today said they can't)

So that prevents me from doing the swap with either my iPhone 6 or Nexus 5. The iPhone 6 would be much easier, of course, because I believe the SIMs are the same size.

I might just cut the one from the nexus and move it to the passport. And just use the nexus wifi only.

09-28-14 06:19 PM