So, I was advised here that Ultimate Backup was the best product out there for BB10. Well at $9.99 it is not! A warning to all BB10 devise users, the FREE "Switch Devise" does exactly the same thing! I wanted to also backup Apps on my phone from BBW, but the sham paid for service doesn't do it! It does exactly what the FREE version does! I went with the recommendation of a trusted member! Don't waste your time or money! As a side note, how can we backup our BBW Apps so that December 31st BBW shutdown does not gravely affect us? Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    10-17-19 08:41 PM
    As a side note, how can we backup our BBW Apps so that December 31st BBW shutdown does not gravely affect us? Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    Use Darcy's BlackBerry tools, let me go find the link...

Edit: https://mega.nz/#!RlZXQADZ!DtfI0LT6h...ZIMF7F0hG9Nido

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 10-17-19 at 09:39 PM.
    10-17-19 09:19 PM
    Thank you Ben,

Posted via my Passport
    10-17-19 09:21 PM
    Pretty sure you cant backup your apps to bar files and Ultimate Backup is certainly not as simple as the device switch app that is meant to transport data from bb10 to android or iOS
    10-17-19 09:22 PM
    So, I was advised here that Ultimate Backup was the best product out there for BB10. Well at $9.99 it is not! A warning to all BB10 devise users, the FREE "Switch Devise" does exactly the same thing! I wanted to also backup Apps on my phone from BBW, but the sham paid for service doesn't do it! It does exactly what the FREE version does! I went with the recommendation of a trusted member! Don't waste your time or money! As a side note, how can we backup our BBW Apps so that December 31st BBW shutdown does not gravely affect us? Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    Ultimate Backup is much better in my opinion than anything to do with Link.

Link tends to restore the very issues you try to get rid of with a clean install.
    Runisoft likes this.
    10-17-19 10:04 PM
    Pretty sure you cant backup your apps to bar files and Ultimate Backup is certainly not as simple as the device switch app that is meant to transport data from bb10 to android or iOS
    True, but it does backup exactly the same files to an SD card, which is what I was initially looking for.

Posted via my Passport
    10-17-19 10:05 PM

Link tends to restore the very issues you try to get rid of with a clean install.
    Well, I certainly hope so as I own it now! How does Ultimate Backup eradicate errors in the backup?

Posted via my Passport
    10-17-19 10:09 PM
    Well, I certainly hope so as I own it now! How does Ultimate Backup eradicate errors in the backup?

Posted via my Passport
    It doesn't try to restore hidden and non-hidden settings.
    10-17-19 10:25 PM
    In plain non-technical cryptic English this time please!

Posted via my Passport
    10-17-19 10:28 PM

They were comparing Device Switch to Ultimate Backup, what does Link have to do with it?

Posted via CB10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-18-19 05:06 AM
    They were comparing Device Switch to Ultimate Backup, what does Link have to do with it?

Posted via CB10
    I assumed it was Link's device switch function that was being discussed.
    10-18-19 07:10 AM
    Device Switch is a BB10 app in BBW and does for free what Ultimate does at a price.
    10-18-19 09:33 PM
    So what's your take between the two, does Ultimate Backup excel in anything over Device Switch? More features?
    I've never had or used Ultimate Backup so I can't compare...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-19 12:11 AM
    So what's your take between the two, does Ultimate Backup excel in anything over Device Switch? More features?
    I've never had or used Ultimate Backup so I can't compare...

Posted via CB10
    The list of items backed up by Ultimate Backup is 5x as long.
    Runisoft likes this.
    10-19-19 12:24 AM
    The list of items backed up by Ultimate Backup is 5x as long.
    The only thing it doesn't do is restore the phone log which is a bit of a shame but that's BlackBerry's fault, as far as I'm aware as it doesn't allow access to that part of the phone by third party apps.

Posted via CB10 using my OG Passport running 10.3.3.3216
    10-19-19 04:38 AM
    Hi,
    We wish to inform that Ultimate Backup for Blackberry 10 will be available and supported even after 31-Dec-2019. If anyone wishes to directly purchase it, you could buy Ultimate Backup from this link on our website : Buy BlackBerry 10 Apps

Once you have completed the purchase, please email us on [email protected] for further assistance.

Regards
    Support Team
    Ecm and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    12-27-19 08:46 AM
    I have backed up everything in my PP SE using Link. It even backed all my Android apps.
    12-27-19 09:24 AM
    I have backed up everything in my PP SE using Link. It even backed all my Android apps.
    Just keep in mind that if the BB10 BBID infrastructure fails or gets shut down, that backup is useless.
    12-27-19 09:26 AM
    Hi,
    We wish to inform that Ultimate Backup for Blackberry 10 will be available and supported even after 31-Dec-2019. If anyone wishes to directly purchase it, you could buy Ultimate Backup from this link on our website : Buy BlackBerry 10 Apps

Once you have completed the purchase, please email us on [email protected] for further assistance.

Regards
    Support Team
    Thanks for supporting BlackBerry 10 users. I plan to buy a copy next week.

Posted via CB10
    Runisoft likes this.
    12-27-19 09:27 AM
    Just keep in mind that if the BB10 BBID infrastructure fails or gets shut down, that backup is useless.
    Yes, I remember reading about this on another thread. In which case, apart from wishing this won't happen, are there any other ways I could do this? And if yes, maybe also a 'how-to' guide? many thanks in advance!
    12-27-19 09:32 AM
    Hi,

Regards
    Support Team
    plus it appears the developer is active in the CB forums whereas I don't believe the BlackBerry peeps ever responded. Just sayin'
    Runisoft likes this.
    12-27-19 09:33 AM
    Yes, I remember reading about this on another thread. In which case, apart from wishing this won't happen, are there any other ways I could do this? And if yes, maybe also a 'how-to' guide? many thanks in advance!
    There is no other way to backup native apps.

The best you can do is use a solution like Ultimate Backup to at least back up contacts, email, SMS, etc.
    Runisoft likes this.
    12-27-19 09:45 AM
    There is no other way to backup native apps.

The best you can do is use a solution like Ultimate Backup to at least back up contacts, email, SMS, etc.
    All my 'need to have' emails are already on my home PC...pictures or other relevant items can be saved on my micro SD card (already there), and contacts can be recovered from other sources, I think. So basically, this leaves us with native apps....and if a day comes where BBID goes down, then it's over for them, is what you are saying. In which case, there's no use crying over split milk, as the saying goes....

Then again, even that dreaded day comes, the problem will arise if I need to wipe clean my phone for some reason, correct? Otherwise, I will still have all my apps and be able to use them for as long as I want, right?
    12-27-19 12:13 PM
    Then again, even that dreaded day comes, the problem will arise if I need to wipe clean my phone for some reason, correct? Otherwise, I will still have all my apps and be able to use them for as long as I want, right?
    The issue of being able to wipe is a bit foggy. If you wait until after BBID is shut down, then you may not be able to disable BlackBerry Protect - in which case you may not be able to wipe or run an autoloader.

Many folks are clearing their devices of BBID prior to the new year just in case.
    12-27-19 12:18 PM
    The issue of being able to wipe is a bit foggy. If you wait until after BBID is shut down, then you may not be able to disable BlackBerry Protect - in which case you may not be able to wipe or run an autoloader.

Many folks are clearing their devices of BBID prior to the new year just in case.
    You have raised some very interesting issues here indeed! Let's see what we have here then.

I have backed up everything using Link, but this will only be of any use, if the BBID infrastructure does not go south. If it does, then my backup goes south too.

If I want to wipe clean my phone and BBID is shut down, then I may not be able to do it.

But if I somehow get rid of my BBID now (I remember this being explained on another thread, although I can't find it now...), I then won't be able to recover my native apps, right? In which case, I will be able to wipe clean my phone and then run an autoloader, but still no native apps...So, I lose both ways.....unless I don't ever have to wipe clean my phone?? Then I wouldn't really need the backup I have created and for as long as the phone functions, everything should be reasonably ok?
    12-27-19 12:35 PM
31 12