I do have a PC President's Choice points card but never use it any more since you can only utilize it (get points) for what they have on sale or what THEY WANT YOU TO BUY.
     BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    If you have a PC mastercard you actually get points for everything you buy anywhere. I believe 1 point per dollar spent. I get about $200 in free groceries every Christmas this way.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:02 PM
    If you have a PC mastercard you actually get points for everything you buy anywhere. I believe 1 point per dollar spent. I get about $200 in free groceries every Christmas this way.

Posted via CB10
    Sweet! Good to know. But for my needs...having one credit card is more than enough. I also have AMEX but just have it stored in the safety deposit box.

04-26-15 06:11 PM
    I tried it today. Passport on Rogers paying at Shoppers. First transaction. Went to pay and it vibrated, then came up with message saying payment details not sent on my screen. Tried again, same problem.
    After that, I just paid with my card (tap and go) because of a lineup forming behind me

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:20 PM
    Meanwhile everywhere I go I can Tap and Pay but so far nothing for BB10 in Europe :/

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:54 PM
    I tried it today. Passport on Rogers paying at Shoppers. First transaction. Went to pay and it vibrated, then came up with message saying payment details not sent on my screen. Tried again, same problem.
    After that, I just paid with my card (tap and go) because of a lineup forming behind me

Posted via CB10
    I've had a similar problem at Shoppers with my old Z30 (I now have a Passport, but haven't tried Ugo at Shoppers yet). If I can male a suggestion, make sure you've selected the credit card you want pay with, and make sure the app is making those wave symbols, signifyng NFC payment attempt before presenting it to the terminal. I'm also on Rogers. The first time I used it on my Z30, it also failed in the same way. Try again and I'm sure it will work.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 12:43 AM
    Got it to work at McDonald's. Still got that error but held down a second longer and it went through with the POS saying transaction completed.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 05:46 AM
    After using it for close to a year...the technique I found that works best is:

1. Have your app ready and open before you walk up to the 'Tap and Pay' terminal.

2. After the clerk has entered the amount, you just say Tap and Pay with your Passport basically hovering (not physically touching it yet) above the POS (point of sale) terminal ready to pay. Sometimes they'll ask if it's debit or credit card. In my case since I use UGO App, I say credit card.

3. When you see the 'tap and pay' logo appear on the POS terminal, press pay now on your Passport's NFC payment app.

4. Lay the backside directly on top of the POS terminal for a few seconds (usually 1-3) until you see on your phone 'Payment Sent' with the accompanying sound unless of course your phone is on silent or vibrate mode.

Again...laying the Passport or any other BB10 device with NFC completely flat on top of the POS, allows both its reader and your phone's NFC antenna to clearly see each other which results in perfect 'Tap and Pay' transactions.

The only time you will come across issues even though your phone says 'Payment Sent' is that the merchants POS reader may perhaps be not up to date in terms of firmware. I have come across this at several KFC location where in this case, I pull out my physical credit card and tap with no problem. I will go soon after to buy groceries and my phone tap and pay has no problems.

When I called my bank to make sure that I wasn't charged twice at KFC, they can see only once did a purchase go through at the time I told them I was at KFC. My guess...is most likely KFC's NFC reader on their POS terminals aren't firmware updated to read beyond physical tap and pay plastic cards.

So again...to make sure that all your Tap and Pay transactions work, lay it flat on the POS terminal for a few seconds. (holding it of course so that it doesn't fall/slide off)

Instead of Tap and Pay...with regards to a phone...I call lay it on "Lay it on its back and Pay" LOL

07-23-15 11:20 AM
    Is this just for Canada? Is there any other way to pay with Passport in USA? Like Google Wallet or Paypal?
    07-23-15 12:23 PM
    The Ugo app is a collaboration among the big mobile carriers in Canada and a couple of Canadian banks to support their Visa cards (TD Bank being one). There's also a few Canadian banks that have their own app for tap to pay (Royal Bank/RBC and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce/CIBC) for their Visa and Mastercard. So this app will not work with a US bank's credit cards.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 04:32 PM
    Got it to work at McDonald's. Still got that error but held down a second longer and it went through with the POS saying transaction completed.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting that I also got the "payment details not sent message both today and yesterday at McDonald's drive thru, and yet the payment did go through. This has only happened since the recent 10.3.2 update.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 12:09 PM
35 12