Do you guys experience the ugly animation whenever you open an SMS conversation thread in your Passport? The edgy up and down fast movement? So irritating.

Via BlackBerry Passport. #WorkWide
    12-17-16 05:16 AM
    Can you check and see if you have group msg's in text MSG. Delete all grouped texts and see if it continues. I would be very interested if this played a role

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 07:25 AM
    I have the same issue, with one contact especially

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 07:44 AM
    The funny thing is this ugly animation goes away if you're on Battery Saving mode. Try to look at it and confirm with your devices

12-17-16 07:54 AM
    Can you check and see if you have group msg's in text MSG. Delete all grouped texts and see if it continues. I would be very interested if this played a role

Posted via CB10
    I looked and I don't have group messages.
    I actually tried turning off some things I thought would be related to this - such as touch enabled keyboard, prediction, etc

12-17-16 07:56 AM
    Well, at this point, it sounds like you may have a corrupt system file.
    I'd suggest you download a fresh copy off the latest 10.3.3.XXXX OS and Radio and side load it. At worst it'll refresh you device with ease in lass than an hour. compared to the time you'll spend looking for a needle in a haystack.

But first...
    Back up your device with Link just to be safe. I'd also uninstall all things android. If the issue is solved with the fresh BB10 OS then you've narrowed it down to one of the android apps.

Do what Passporter suggests first. He didn't get that name for his love of Androids!
    12-17-16 08:30 AM
    Well, at this point, it sounds like you may have a corrupt system file.
    I'd suggest you download a fresh copy off the latest 10.3.3.XXXX OS and Radio and side load it. At worst it'll refresh you device with ease in lass than an hour. compared to the time you'll spend looking for a needle in a haystack.

But first...
    Back up your device with Link just to be safe. I'd also uninstall all things android. If the issue is solved with the fresh BB10 OS then you've narrowed it down to one of the android apps.

Do what Passporter suggests first. He didn't get that name for his love of Androids!
    A corrupt system file is what I originally thought as well. I'm on10.3.3.2049 now. When I was on 10.3.2 it was also present. Im hoping the latest patch will fix. You don't experience this issue?

12-17-16 09:08 AM
    A corrupt system file is what I originally thought as well. I'm on10.3.3.2049 now. When I was on 10.3.2 it was also present. Im hoping the latest patch will fix. You don't experience this issue?

No! for the most part the only issues I've ever had with any of my Blackberry" was directly due and known to be caused by the OS.
    A word of advice... never, under any circumstances should you download large files like an OS OTA.
    Alway download to your PC and go with a cable. Going OTA just isn't safe. something as simple as a gust of wind, or the direction you happen to be standing... the slightest glitch can corrupt a file. And if you're not already doing it, you should reboot your device once a day and always after deleting, updating, upgrading downloading and installing anything.
    Just like the bigger computer at home most programs need to reboot to finish the installation..
    12-17-16 09:28 AM
    Nothing to do with a bad OS, it's a bug in the OS that has been present in every version since 10.3
    Nothing you can do will solve it for the long term (or short term for that matter)

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    12-17-16 09:33 AM
    Nothing to do with a bad OS, it's a bug in the OS that has been present in every version since 10.3
    Nothing you can do will solve it for the long term (or short term for that matter)

Posted via CB10
    So I'm guessing you're experiencing it too?

I think most people are not just as nitpicker as I am when it comes to these things. So they think they don't have this issue.

Anyway, i'm really deeply irritated by this. I'm planning to xhange a freaking phone even though this device is just a month old

12-17-16 09:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I love that positive attitude!!
    THere's NOTHING you can say that will convince me that a "BUG" in the OS doesn't constitute a bad OS.

I tell ya.... everyone thinks they're a comedian.

I got my Passport the day it was releast to market and I never got any memo or anything about a bug.

And, NOTHING I've tried can duplicate your issue. You're just one of the "Lucky Few" that got lucky!!
    because comparatively, (I have a hard time with fractions, so I'll just round it off) about ZERO people have this issue,
    Same OS... same mobile device....
    So wadaya think? Coincidence or did they do it on purpose???

What I wanna know is, how could you possibly have known that "I" couldn't solve the problem??
    Are you stalking me??????

Let me tell you something about nothing!

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS IMPOSSIBLE. IT'S JUST A MATTER OF FIGURING OUT HOW!
    Now you can go ahead and debate this by yourself about all the ways nothing can be done or you can give Luis a break here and offer a little hope. OK..So what if it's just a "little Colorless" lie. (that would be a "white" lie but without the racial slur.)

Luis, unless someone come up with nothing,.. you'll have to do something!
    But, make sure you do a bit more research.
    If you question this "buggy thing" like MAD does then the first question that needs an answer is
    "Just how many bugs DOES it take to make the OS bad?? "
    12-17-16 09:15 PM