It is not working on the Passport. Everytime it says network error. Anyone experienced this besides me? I cannot use Uber...any solutions? And I don't want to PAY for a third party app while the app is free in Play Store? Maybe I'll have to damp the Passport for an Android phone. As time goes, less apps are compatible on the Passport...

Mia San Mia!
    07-09-16 09:43 AM
    Either use the mobile website, m.uber.com, or buckle down and learn Cobalt's patching solution and get the Android app working.
    07-09-16 09:57 AM
    You just answered your own question. Get an Android or iOS device if you need Uber or other apps to work flawlessly. BB10 is a dead platform.

*ME173X
    07-09-16 09:58 AM
    You don't need an app. Blackberrys are computers.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-09-16 10:22 AM
    You don't need an app. Blackberrys are computers.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    Yeah... no wonder there are countless threads here about Cobalt's, Snap, Android runtime, YouTube, FB, WhatsApp, Snapchat, CoC, etc.

*ME173X
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 07-09-16 at 10:43 AM.
    07-09-16 10:33 AM
    I've followed Cobalt's instructions to get GPlay, GServices, GMaps, and Uber working on my SE. There is no knowing if a particular version will work until you patch and try it.

I have a fully working patched GMaps, v9.20.1.

A patched Uber v3.107.1 works perfectly in all aspects expect showing the map. GPS location works fine, the driver shows up, payment goes through okay. Just the map. I've found that older versions of Uber and newer versions of GMaps did not work well for me.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 11:21 AM
    A patched Uber v3.107.1 works perfectly in all aspects expect showing the map. GPS location works fine, the driver shows up, payment goes through okay. Just the map.

Posted via CB10
    You can get the map working by using your own developer maps API key.
    07-09-16 11:35 AM
    You can get the map working by using your own developer maps API key.
    Thanks for the tip conite - just researched the GMaps API key addition process. The pertinent step is stuffing the key into the manifest file in the source of "your app", and that's only possible through Cobalt's decompilation process as far as I am aware, given "your app" is GMaps in this case, and the source is proprietary.

Could you please confirm? Thanks friend.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 01:21 PM
    Thanks for the tip conite - just researched the GMaps API key addition process. The pertinent step is stuffing the key into the manifest file in the source of "your app", and that's only possible through Cobalt's decompilation process as far as I am aware, given "your app" is GMaps in this case, and the source is proprietary.

Could you please confirm? Thanks friend.

Posted via CB10
    Use your key when patching the Uber app. There is a spot to put it in Play Services Patcher 1.5beta.
    07-09-16 01:24 PM
    Use your key when patching the Uber app. There is a spot to put it in Play Services Patcher 1.5beta.
    Got it - the Google Maps tab in the 1.5beta patcher makes a whole lotta sense now. Thank you.

Is Cobalt still active these days? Late in the game, but as a newcomer who benefited from his efforts, I gave him a hundred bucks as a token of thanks for his great work. Definitely encourage other newcomers using Cobalt solutions to send some moolah his way.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 01:56 PM
    Got it - the Google Maps tab in the 1.5beta patcher makes a whole lotta sense now. Thank you.

Is Cobalt still active these days? Late in the game, but as a newcomer who benefited from his efforts, I gave him a hundred bucks as a token of thanks for his great work. Definitely encourage other newcomers using Cobalt solutions to send some moolah his way.

Posted via CB10
    He's still around, but mainly focusing on other ventures at the moment - like the Priv apps for other Android devices.

Btw, for your key to work, make sure you are using Cobalt's Google Services build 5.
    07-09-16 02:00 PM
    Cool, glad to hear he is active on the Priv side of things, and thanks for the heads up - I'm using build 5. Will share results after trying later today.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 02:16 PM
    I can use uber from snap, its works but bit laggy...

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 09:38 PM
    Interestingly, it works on my Passport with no patch. I used Snap to install the app in May.
    07-09-16 09:47 PM
    You can have it perfectly working once you gained access to Uber's online version. I had trouble logging in as well because of the "Network Error". But after I enabled web access, I was able to sign to Uber through the Android app from Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 04:53 PM
    Use m.uber.com then set the webpage to home screen. The latest mobile site for uber is pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 01:29 PM
    Conite, I tried patching Uber v3.107.1 with an Android GMaps API key (could you please confirm the correct key type, browser/html or Android?) and the v1.5beta patcher failed to patch. Had the option box checked for API key addition.

Any tips?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 02:42 PM
    Thank you all...

Mia San Mia!
    07-11-16 03:50 PM
    I'm trying to use the m.uber.com site and still get network error when trying to login (regardless of if I'm on WiFi or not). I have no problem logging into the regular web login (but you can only see account information there, not request rides).

Posted from by BlackBerry Passport
    07-12-16 10:19 AM
    m.uber.com is still showing errors. I have sold my Passport today already. Cannot take it anymore. Going to get the Gigaset Me Bayern M�nchen Edition. Bye bye Blackberry....

Mia san mia!
    07-12-16 02:38 PM