Any thoughts on when will be the U.S. release date, specifically Verizon?
    07-11-14 12:04 AM
    Calendar Q3-Q4 sometime is the closest guess since that's when it will be released. Nothing on the wire otherwise.
    07-11-14 12:47 AM
    I thought September was floating around somewhere as a release date?

Posted via Q10
    07-11-14 05:37 PM
    Is Verizon only the one that will carry it?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 05:39 PM
    Do we even know Verizon will carry it? I hope they do, because I doubt Shopblackberry will carry an unlocked CDMA phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 05:51 PM
    Do we even know Verizon will carry it? I hope they do, because I doubt Shopblackberry will carry an unlocked CDMA phone.

Posted via CB10
    Probably. Sprint is the bigger question.

There are three device models of the Passport known to exist, SQW100-1 to 3. One for Verizon, one for North America GSM (may or may not include ATT), one for the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    07-11-14 07:31 PM
    Being on T Mobile I can only hope they launch a factory unlocked version on the BlackBerry website. Just have to wait and see.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T-Mobile USA
    saxxman likes this.
    07-11-14 07:45 PM
    My fingers are crossed. According to recent information, the BlackBerry Passport will launch in London, sometime in September. Shortly after that, it should be arriving in the US on Verizon, or so I hope. If it does come to Verizon, at least I will already have the wireless charger.
    07-11-14 08:01 PM
    Probably. Sprint is the bigger question.

There are three device models of the Passport known to exist, SQW100-1 to 3. One for Verizon, one for North America GSM (may or may not include ATT), one for the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    Knowing that Tmo isn't in good standing I'd say it's more likely a gsm for att than tmo

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:11 AM
    Knowing that Tmo isn't in good standing I'd say it's more likely a gsm for att than tmo

Posted via CB10
    T-Mobile seems to have frequencies that more closely resemble carriers in Canada. Such as the STA100-5 or SQR100-1. So if AT&T doesn't participate (as in the Z30) - a T-Mobile user probably has a better chance of getting a phone that can get LTE speeds.

My reason for saying this is that both AT&T and T-Mobile officially supported Z10 and Q10 so each had a model that got all their bands. Even though T-Mobile didn't support Z30 and Q5 - you can still get one of each of those phones that fit perfectly with T-Mobile by getting a phone from Canada.

Yes the T-Mobile phones work with AT&T but you can't get LTE speeds in all regions of the US.

If you're on AT&T and really want a passport or classic I'd be hoping they carry those phones officially. T-Mobile doesn't seem to matter as much. But the downside to that is you have to buy the phone outright. So if you like financing it through your carrier you're out of luck if you're on T-Mobile.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-12-14 09:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can't remember the bands off the top of my head. I know the Classic has a North America version and a ATT version, so the Passport might go the same way.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 10:12 AM
    I'm expecting, just like the Z10 and Q10, the US will get the phone released after Canada and a few other European countries. So September for Canada, and I expect February or March for the US.
    This is just a guess!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:12 PM
    I believe verizon will be the first US carrier to get it. Tmobile, sprint and at&t usually get it later

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:56 PM
    T-Mobile seems to have frequencies that more closely resemble carriers in Canada. Such as the STA100-5 or SQR100-1. So if AT&T doesn't participate (as in the Z30) - a T-Mobile user probably has a better chance of getting a phone that can get LTE speeds.

My reason for saying this is that both AT&T and T-Mobile officially supported Z10 and Q10 so each had a model that got all their bands. Even though T-Mobile didn't support Z30 and Q5 - you can still get one of each of those phones that fit perfectly with T-Mobile by getting a phone from Canada.

Yes the T-Mobile phones work with AT&T but you can't get LTE speeds in all regions of the US.

If you're on AT&T and really want a passport or classic I'd be hoping they carry those phones officially. T-Mobile doesn't seem to matter as much. But the downside to that is you have to buy the phone outright. So if you like financing it through your carrier you're out of luck if you're on T-Mobile.

Not to be pessimistic, but good luck to all who want a subsidized Passport in the US. =0)

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:22 PM
    I hope Sprint carries one, however there is no evidence that they will

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:37 PM
    I'm waiting to read the report that Verizon has started testing. I'm hoping for October.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    07-13-14 10:39 PM
    Not to be pessimistic, but good luck to all who want a subsidized Passport in the US. =0)

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I like buying the phone outright anyway so it's all good to me. And besides if they priced the phones at 700 dollars I'll be waiting 6-12 months for the prices to be somewhere near reality.

07-13-14 11:37 PM
    To date, Verizon has not confirmed they will carry the Passport at all, and I have yet to spy anything from the FCC about a CDMA Passport even entering testing.

While you should never take anything said by a sales rep as gospel, a knowledgeable rep I spoke to recently said Verizon will NOT sell the Passport. Somebody PLEASE show me some evidence that he was speaking out of his ****.
    08-14-14 03:36 PM
    To be fair, no US carrier has said anything about it one way or the other. Unless I missed that part. It's possible that carriers don't have enough info to make the decision. Just because BlackBerry will announce it, it doesn't mean we are close to seeing it for sale

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:47 PM
    When has Verizon ever not put out Blackberry's newest devices? Ever?

They'll have the passport.
    08-14-14 03:56 PM
    When has Verizon ever not put out Blackberry's newest devices? Ever?

They'll have the passport.
    A year ago I would have said that too. But the times they are a'changing. Look at how T-Mobile dropped BlackBerry like a hot potato. BlackBerry's minuscule marketshare makes it possible for ANY carrier to quit selling/supporting them.
    08-14-14 05:03 PM
    Problem is the US market is not what it was. If the phone does well in Europe and the rest of the world the US will be playing catch up. Carriers will want to sell BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 10:29 PM
    VZW recently offered $150 to activate bb's.. maybe to make room for the passport?? Wishful thinking.

I'm sure they'll offer it..

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:49 AM
    VZW recently offered $150 to activate bb's.. maybe to make room for the passport?? Wishful thinking.

I'm sure they'll offer it..

Posted via CB10
    Maybe to keep people that would have otherwise jumped ship to another carrier once they announce they are not getting the passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 04:08 PM
    it was next to impossible to find a verizon store that carried the Z30 on the premisses and the ones that did no one could help you because they said they sail very few of them. How can they sail them when there employees are not trained on the use of them. Without training no wonder they push the IPhone or samsung. If Blackberry wants to survive it needs to open its products up to all carriers. I am looking forward to seeing the Passport and having hands on experience before I buy one.
    09-08-14 08:34 PM
31 12