I really like typing in a BlackBerry but when I have used android mobile it's keyboard feature is pretty good.

It's question about users having both android or windows and a BlackBerry.
    In which device you can type faster?

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-16-15 06:29 AM
    As someone who uses both BB and Android, I find BB's virtual keyboard much better.

In terms of functionality, the ability to hold letters for caps, swipe down to switch between letters/numbers/symbols, holding shift and backspace to delete characters to the right of the cursor, and the password feature that gives the extra row of numbers when typing passwords are all great features that make the keyboard incredibly efficient. Add to that the auto-correct function (which just works better than anything else I have tried) and I have a virtual keyboard which just lets me fly when typing and I have to say allows me to be much faster then when I had my 9900.

On Android, I've used the Android keyboard, SwiftKey and Swype and while I have settled on Swype (I like the layout better and it gives me faster access than SwiftKey to special characters that I use more often). The only features I prefer on these keyboards is the ability to set the delay for the extended character and the haptic feedback response (if you want it). And while swiping to type is also efficient, as the autocorrect feature is better on BB10, I can finger type faster with less mistakes on my Z30 than swiping to type on my OnePlus One since my Z30 seems to correct say about 95% of my mistakes vs. maybe 80% with Swype (I actually find the autocorrect worse on SwiftKey even though BB10 and SwiftKey share word suggestion features).

My brother who has an iPhone 6 even admits the keyboard experience on BB10 is better though as a keyboard I don't mind the iPhones much, it's just that their autocorrect is so bad.

The missus has a Windows Phone (Lumia 620) and I am not a fan of it at all but as the keyboard is so small, that may be the reason for the distaste.

I have to say though that my like of the BB10 keyboard is also due to the size of the Z30 screen. Using a Z10 again recently for a while, I found the keyboard just to small for my hands and typing on it just wasn't as efficient. Another reason why I hope they release an upgraded Z30 or 5inch touchscreen device.
    Technomotive and subby37 like this.
    02-16-15 08:55 AM
    I haven't use android, WP or iPhone for long at all. But love my bb vkb, it knows what I meant instead of what I typed.
    02-16-15 09:07 AM
    Love the clicking sound on my STA & STL, still Passport clicking is way better...

RedBlackBeast
    02-16-15 09:10 AM
    Virtual keyboards it's BlackBerry hands down. Z30n Z10 doesn't matter. Heads and tails above anything that Apple or Android can bring.

That's the one thing I've never understood about Apple...the keyboard is horrible on the iPhone. I'm sure you can get used to it after awhile but I went from Torch to Z10 with hardly any issues at all and then from virtual to Classic again with no issues.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-16-15 09:16 AM
    Virtual keyboards it's BlackBerry hands down. Z30n Z10 doesn't matter. Heads and tails above anything that Apple or Android can bring.

That's the one thing I've never understood about Apple...the keyboard is horrible on the iPhone. I'm sure you can get used to it after awhile but I went from Torch to Z10 with hardly any issues at all and then from virtual to Classic again with no issues.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Now, my full touch torch's kb wasn't very good.
    02-16-15 01:06 PM
    I can type much faster and more accurately on my Z30 after a few months than I could on my Atrix 4G after 3 years...partly explained by the OS, I suspect display size was/is also a factor (4" vs 5")...
    02-16-15 01:15 PM
    Love the clicking sound on my STA & STL, still Passport clicking is way better...

RedBlackBeast™
    SureType on my 9550 FTW :P SureType clicky is best clicky
    02-16-15 01:26 PM
    In my humble opinion, no other keyboard can even come close to BlackBerry, whether it's physical or virtual.

They have perfected both.

Others might disagree, but I've used many other keyboards on all the major platforms and I find myself longing for the speed, accuracy and shortcuts of the BB 10 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:03 PM
    In my humble opinion, no other keyboard can even come close to BlackBerry, whether it's physical or virtual.

They have perfected both.

Others might disagree, but I've used many other keyboards on all the major platforms and I find myself longing for the speed, accuracy and shortcuts of the BB 10 keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed
    02-16-15 04:44 PM
    Coming from an iPhone and Samsung, and currently owning a Passport and a Lumia 1020, the Passport's keyboard is better.

Here are my findings, the touch screen of IOS is the best in terms of detecting what key I am pressing. WP tends to misinterpret the key that I pressed (and it's not due to size of screen/keys). It may be due to it's algorithm in deciding which key you are pressing when your key is pressing two characters. Example your thumb is in E and R at the same time, but your intention was to press E. WP will get it wrong almost always, IOS will get it right most of the time. Android is in the middle regarding this .

Second, Android got the swift key right. But it is kind of difficult to master and at this stage is prone to mistypes. WP has it's own swipe typing but also error prone. This may be due to learning curve.

My typing on a Passport physical keyboard is slightly slower, but with lesser error. Lesser error means faster overall speed (try deleting or pointing to exact character you wish to delete or correct is also difficult). The swipe to complete is learning (just like other OS's), and the swipe to complete is very intuitive. After 4-5 months of using this, I am now at par overall compared to touch typing (if you include the time you delete mistakes).

The biggest factor for me is that I can now type longer emails/documents/messages/post with the physical keyboard. The downside is typing one handed is almost impossible (I know it can be done but the risk of dropping your phone is too big and it is also very slow to type one handed in a physical keyboard).

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:31 PM