Just because we're enthusiasts I wanted to share this...

Now 3 weeks into Passport Silver, I am frankly astonished at how quickly I can type on it. This is my 4th BlackBerry pkb phone. In terms of speed, I have to put Q10 first - it's just perfect for me. Bold basically the same. For some, bizarre reason, I couldn't quite type as fast on the Classic, and now I actually feel I type faster than it with the Passport.

I think it's the swiping up on the keyboard that helps. My only complaint actually is the layout of the number pad in the secondary screen, I would've preferred a straight horizontal layout.

Anyone here find they can type way faster than they would've expected on Passport?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 02:29 AM
    I type slower than I did on the Classic. I've gotten better in the few months I've had the Passport, but it's still a big difference.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    08-17-16 05:49 AM
    Still cannot master it yet but will be there sooner
    08-17-16 07:00 PM
    Just because we're enthusiasts I wanted to share this...

Now 3 weeks into Passport Silver, I am frankly astonished at how quickly I can type on it. This is my 4th BlackBerry pkb phone. In terms of speed, I have to put Q10 first - it's just perfect for me. Bold basically the same. For some, bizarre reason, I couldn't quite type as fast on the Classic, and now I actually feel I type faster than it with the Passport.

I think it's the swiping up on the keyboard that helps. My only complaint actually is the layout of the number pad in the secondary screen, I would've preferred a straight horizontal layout.

Anyone here find they can type way faster than they would've expected on Passport?

Posted via CB10
    I type slower now. However, I did move from the Z30, and was very use to the keyboard. The numbers actually do bother me too. I wouldn't mind them all on the right side. But you know what I do don't like the most is the upper case button. I am very used to the back button being there and I always click upper case instead.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 10:39 PM
    It took me like a month or a little longer to be really fast on my Passport, to the point where I could swipe down and remember which symbol was where on the on-screen keyboard, though there's always that row with, ':!?. always visible, which is helpful.

I got good at typing on the original black and then the red Passports, and then when I got the SE it's just even better to hold. In fact, on my Classic, I sometimes swipe back to delete out of habit from being on my Passport too long.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 12:16 AM
    Is there a way I can set the sensitivity of the keyboard? I find out I have to swipe more than once sometimes, and many times, I mistakenly hit the arrow button (for upper case) on the screen. I have had it for a week now. Hope I will get better at typing?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 03:35 AM
    typing is a beauty minus the vkb part lol. im still in the process of getting to used on it..

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 06:24 AM
    Never had a Blackberry before, I did have an Xperia Mini Pro, typing on the Passport is way faster and more accurate than on a screen, which is my standard, and without even trying. Except on poorly integrated Android apps like Telegram (of course), it takes a while for the system keyboard to kick in.
    08-18-16 09:35 AM
    I too love the "flicking", as well as all the other gestures... erasing, copy-pasting... even though the tool bar is sometimes faulty, meaning it disappears and reappears in a different area of the screen (usually slightly higher than the original place) and when I long press to get the paste option it doesn't always appear.

The typing experience on the PP is just unique, easily what I like the most along with the screen.

I would also have preferred a physical row for the numbers.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 11:09 AM