View Poll Results: Passport users, can you type properly with a non-passport mobile keyboard?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
    I have been using Passport for about 3 months now. Some people say that the keyboard is awkward and that was definitely the case for the 1st week or so. The interesting part, now that I am used to the keyboard, I can't seem to type properly with Blackberry's regular keyboard. I used a Q10 the other day to type a message for my father and I was very slow with it.

Are you experiencing the same thing?
    02-03-15 07:36 AM
    You have no idea how I faced my Z30 even after few days of using this phone. Everything became awkward.
    Not only typing on a glass, but the form factor of a normal slab looks weird.

Guess this is what they called BlackBerry Passport syndrome.

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-03-15 07:59 AM
    I tend to agree with that. I find that I'm slow on my Classic compared to my PP. Weird. Coz I was quick on my Q10, 9900 and other old BlackBerry devices until I got my PP.

Via Passport and Classic
    02-03-15 08:38 AM
    I agree as well. I played with a classic the other day, and I felt so lost with the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:43 AM
    Not confusing but slower & more mistakes for me because of smaller size keyboards. I just love swipe to erase & flick to enter action!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:46 AM
    I've got big hands so the passport keyboard is like a dream come true. I was doing alright on the 6 plus but tapping on glass sucks compared to a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:48 AM
    Just after a week usage of passport I cant even type on my s4. I kept looking for gesture on swifkey and deleting by sliding. Qwerty is immortal

Posted via my awesome Passport
    02-03-15 08:58 AM
    I tried a q10 and I wonder how I typed on such small keys.Cant imagine going back...

Sent from Passport
    02-03-15 10:13 AM
    I have a backup Nexus 5 device and trust me i don't want to finish a sentence on the touch sceen keyboard. I've got quite a few installed on it.

I thought I was the only one. Once you know the placement of the letters and how to grip the phone comfortably, there is no turning back. It's not a good feeling that you'll be dependent on one device so much eventually

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-03-15 04:09 PM
    Typing on a flat screen is painfully slow. Got used to swype on Android but horrifically inaccurate. Nothing beats the Blackberry keyboard.
    02-03-15 04:40 PM
    Haha ones you go passport you can't go back ;-)

Posted via CB10
    marksasongko likes this.
    02-03-15 04:45 PM
    After getting my Passport, I find legacy BlackBerry keyboards to be small and basically unusable. I tried switching back to a Bold 9900, and just couldn't hit the right keys.

I imagine that if I had to switch back, I could do it, but I can't bring myself to do that voluntarily.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    02-03-15 04:46 PM
    Agreed.

I have a Q10 for my work device, and basically only use it for the FM radio now and again.

When I've tried to type on it, I've had some long drawn out think-points! The four rows feels unintuitive now, and use of alt key for symbols does not feel faster whatsoever. The teeny tiny keys are quite the transition from the Passport - I feel as though I need to type with my nails for accuracy as opposed to my thumbs.

It took many weeks to un-learn typing on glass completely, as well as un-learn the regular Q10/9900 layout... but now that I'm settled, I can't imagine going back.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 11:39 PM
    I use a Passport and a Q10 (work phone), and I try to use the Passport gestures on the Q10 keyboard...

It's so weird using the Q10 keyboard when I use the Passport keyboard predominantly. The 3 row keyboard + onscreen symbols/numbers just make sense on the Passport.
    02-04-15 12:53 AM
    There was a thread a few months back where a few people complained that they swiped on their computer keyboard. Well, I do to. I mean still do from time to time.
    jas1978 likes this.
    02-04-15 01:21 AM
    I'm in the same boat. My mom has a Q10 and whenever I type on it or use it, firstly it feels so so so small. Secondly, the keyboard feels so cramped and ridiculous, the way I feel about knockoff BlackBerry type devices, those weird androids with qwerty keyboards, you know? It just doesn't seem natural anymore, and this is a major reason I don't think I'll be getting the Classic... while it is pretty, it doesn't have the specs or the size or... this three row keyboard that I am now flying on as if it were the only way I learned how to type!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 02:29 AM