Previewing the Delicious Food Show | Watch News Videos Online

Great review by an American chef and and ex iPhone user. Skip to 4:30.
    10-20-14 02:55 AM
    Haha. From the title, I thought we had another user referring themselves in third person.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 03:26 AM
    It's real pity, BlackBerry don't make the most of those moments and maximise it to it's full potential.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    10-20-14 03:27 AM
    Awesome plug. You can't buy advertising like that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-20-14 03:39 AM
    Thanks for posting.
    10-20-14 04:51 AM
    Awesome plug. You can't buy advertising like that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    I'm pretty sure that it was bought, the whole thing seemed scripted to me. Why would he show pictures from his phone when the book was right in front of him? Then the anchor asks him about it, then he rattles off every talking point BlackBerry has about the phone in under 60sec.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:18 AM
    That was beautifule!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:21 AM
    Wow,.. that turkey technique sounds promising!

Oh yeah, and that was an incredible plug!! Hopefully Matt from the Inside BlackBerry blog does a little write up about it, perhaps including a bit more background about the guy (and a link to the one-hour Thanksgiving turkey recipe).

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-20-14 05:57 AM
    Kudos to Tyler, he let everyone know in a very few words how secured and better phone BlackBerry is compare to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:08 AM
    I'm pretty sure that it was bought, the whole thing seemed scripted to me. Why would he show pictures from his phone when the book was right in front of him? Then the anchor asks him about it, then he rattles off every talking point BlackBerry has about the phone in under 60sec.

Posted via CB10
    Lol perhaps like most of us in here, he was excited about the phone??? But according to u, u think it's bought lol.

Don't be a hater, embrace the Passport and u won't look back in anger.

Kudos to Tyler, showing off the Passport. As usual the interviewers couldn't help a sly dig at BlackBerry ie not the most popular choice.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    He said he was into technology, CEO of two tech companies, was in the air for 90 days last year, etc. It's not like BlackBerry is an unknown, random device choice for individuals in those circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it was likely scripted, but...so? The comment about the apps was great, but some of us know a bit better. :-)

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-20-14 06:35 AM
    great to see the wise
    10-20-14 06:46 AM
    Good on BlackBerry for trying to get the passport more attention. I thought that was a simple and effective plug that he transitioned in and out of quite smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:52 AM
    Lol perhaps like most of us in here, he was excited about the phone??? But according to u, u think it's bought lol.

Don't be a hater, embrace the Passport and u won't look back in anger.

Kudos to Tyler, showing off the Passport. As usual the interviewers couldn't help a sly dig at BlackBerry ie not the most popular choice.

Posted via CB10
    Haha I'm not a hater, I'm just not gullible. Luckily for us 99% of the people in this world are. I'm happy to see the new ad agency BlackBerry hired is doing stuff like this. I'm sure they were responsible for the Tim Allen thing also. We finally have a partner that understands the value of "buzz". It's just too bad they don't have the budget for some bigger name celebs.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:16 AM
    Yeah, it was likely scripted, but...so? The comment about the apps was great, but some of us know a bit better. :-)

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    You have me wrong! I'm Happy about it, finally some advertising! Definitely paid advertising though.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:17 AM
    Well, if that was scripted then Global was on the take as well, when you consider they initiated the conversation.

Nice plug, but that wasn't scripted/paid, the guy IMO, is simply a fan of that device, and judging from his experience with iPhones, for good reason.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    10-20-14 07:24 AM
    Well, if that was scripted then Global was on the take as well, when you consider they initiated the conversation.

Nice plug, but that wasn't scripted/paid, the guy IMO, is simply a fan of that device, and judging from his experience with iPhones, for good reason.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Nothing in life is free my man, especially for an admitted business man! He's there plugging his book, he said the recipe is in his book, why wouldn't he show the photos in the book? It makes no sense, and of course the anchor was in on it, who interrupts a guest to ask them about their cell phone choice? His answer was literally every talking point BlackBerry has about the phone. It was an ad plain and simple, which is a good thing!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:42 AM
    Wow he hit the definite nail on the head for quick advertising and did it like a natural. Free plug.. Good stuff.
    10-20-14 07:49 AM
    Nothing in life is free my man, especially for an admitted business man! He's there plugging his book, he said the recipe is in his book, why wouldn't he show the photos in the book? It makes no sense, and of course the anchor was in on it, who interrupts a guest to ask them about their cell phone choice? His answer was literally every talking point BlackBerry has about the phone. It was an ad plain and simple, which is a good thing!

Posted via CB10
    Could have been as simple as he was more comfortable finding the picture on his phone, or the picture on the phone was better than the one in the book. I hear your point, but my gut feel thou is this was organic, not scripted (Similar to the Tim Allen bit on Jimmy Kimmel). If it was, then BlackBerry needs credit where credit is due, for a clever way to do this.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    10-20-14 08:03 AM
    I don't think it was scripted.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:05 AM
    Could have been as simple as he was more comfortable finding the picture on his phone, or the picture on the phone was better than the one in the book. I hear your point, but my gut feel thou is this was organic, not scripted (Similar to the Tim Allen bit on Jimmy Kimmel). If it was, then BlackBerry needs credit where credit is due, for a clever way to do this.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Watch the video close, the camera very purposely pans out to show the passport sitting on the desk ready to go, 3 minutes of an 8 minute interview were devoted to 1. Bashing the iphone on battery life, and 2. Describing how awesome the passport is. He zooms in and out on the picture for no real reason other than to show its got a touch screen. The second time I watched it it became even more obvious to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    This. I like it, but I ain't fooled by it. I'm a tech geek too, but if you threw me a BB curve ball in the middle of my sales pitch for my product, I wouldn't be that concise. It was scripted.
    My $0.02

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:12 AM
    Does seem a little "plugish" but I think they / he pulled it off. One question though, he mentions 3 stores to shop from... seeing that Snap isn't officially supported, I only know of Amazon and BlackBerry store. Am I missing the official third?

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z30.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-20-14 08:13 AM
    This. I like it, but I ain't fooled by it. I'm a tech geek too, but if you threw me a BB curve ball in the middle of my sales pitch for my product, I wouldn't be that concise. It was scripted.
    My $0.02

Posted via CB10
    Product placement 101, I'll admit it was done very well. I think many people are ignorant as to how pervasive this form of advertising is.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:19 AM
84 123 ...