I like Tyler Lawrence cooking shows and I don't think it was scripted like some folks think. I just think he is passionate about his device and from the way he talks, he is a high tech guy to begin with. Great promotional piece for the Blackberry brand.
    menshawy and dietertong like this.
    10-20-14 02:15 PM
    Playing back that video, can You fast forward with your passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:32 PM
    I think the Passport looks great on Television.
    10-20-14 03:45 PM
    That was awesome!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:08 PM
    Playing back that video, can You fast forward with your passport?

Posted via CB10
    No,.. but forced me to learn about roasting a turkey faster by splitting it in half.

Posted via CB10
    stealthbob and jakie55 like this.
    10-20-14 04:38 PM
    Ignorance is bliss... I live a cursed life.

Posted via CB10
    No you just read too much into things. This is not scripted because:

1. BlackBerry would choose to do it in a more business-like environment, as that's the image they're trying to curate, rather than turkey cooking.

2. If this is paid, they would not have him mention 3 app stores, 1 of which (Snap) is not officially sanctioned.

Remember Occam's Razor and often the simpler explanation is the truth. He's just a big fan and did what any of us would've done if we went on TV.
    thymaster likes this.
    10-20-14 04:43 PM
    He said he has access to 3 stores so he obviously has snap installed too lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Could be 1Mobile...better than Amazon IMHO.

Snap is by far the best though.....
    Nharzhool likes this.
    10-20-14 05:06 PM
    It was an excellent, and in my opinion, unscripted plug.

And the reason he didn't show the turkey picture in the book is simple. That recipe isn't in there. That was my take anyway when he said they had just come up this method for thanksgiving and the book would have been in publication before that.

And like others, I think he genuinely enjoys tech. He handled the phone very naturally and like he had been using it for a few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:00 PM
    Mmmmmmm . . . . turkey

Posted via CB from my Z10
    10-20-14 07:20 PM
    No you just read too much into things. This is not scripted because:

1. BlackBerry would choose to do it in a more business-like environment, as that's the image they're trying to curate, rather than turkey cooking.

2. If this is paid, they would not have him mention 3 app stores, 1 of which (Snap) is not officially sanctioned.

Remember Occam's Razor and often the simpler explanation is the truth. He's just a big fan and did what any of us would've done if we went on TV.
    Yours is pretty much the best answer I found. Now you make me believe it wasn't scripted like I thought it wasn't to begging with

Posted using the fabulous 10.3.0.1052 on my Z10
    10-20-14 08:30 PM
    It's true passion... let the doubters doubt, no biggie
    10-20-14 10:05 PM
    I also believe that this is not scripted or a paid plug. He is a TV personality, and so is very comfortable on TV, and utilized the PassPort very smoothly, which indicates he has used it a significant amount since it's launch. Regardless, it sure gets the message out to the masses.
    10-21-14 02:29 AM
    Could be 1Mobile...better than Amazon IMHO.

Snap is by far the best though.....
    Or Aptoide. There are a few other app stores that it could have been. I have five app stores on my device...
    10-21-14 03:02 AM
    It was an excellent, and in my opinion, unscripted plug.

And the reason he didn't show the turkey picture in the book is simple. That recipe isn't in there. That was my take anyway when he said they had just come up this method for thanksgiving and the book would have been in publication before that.

And like others, I think he genuinely enjoys tech. He handled the phone very naturally and like he had been using it for a few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    If I recall, the interviewers explicitly asked him if that recipe was in the book and he said yes. But unless they rehearsed it beforehand or asked him to bookmark the specific page, it would have likely taken much more time flipping through pages (and in the process showing off more pics from a yet-to-be-released product he's trying to sell) than pulling the specific pic up on his phone. And, well, because he can.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-21-14 03:45 AM
    Nice to see somebody who shares my concerns about mobility to be so enthusiastic about the device.
    10-21-14 04:56 AM
    If I recall, the interviewers explicitly asked him if that recipe was in the book and he said yes. But unless they rehearsed it beforehand or asked him to bookmark the specific page, it would have likely taken much more time flipping through pages (and in the process showing off more pics from a yet-to-be-released product he's trying to sell) than pulling the specific pic up on his phone. And, well, because he can.

Posted via CB10
    I may be wrong. I didn't hear that question but it was very early when I was watching it and I was more focused on his handling of the passport. I thought he had said they had just come up with it the week or so before.

And yes, as a techie, why wouldn't you use your phone when it's as great as the Passport? How many of us, given the opportunity, wouldn't do the same thing? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:54 AM
    Lol. Whenever I have a chance to show anyone anything with my Passport, I will also start to talk about it and even trying to get them to get one!!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:07 AM
    This guy was way too smooth for it to be a paid plug. He knew the phone inside and out and was amazingly comfortable with it. That only comes with extensive use. He is an enthusiast and a techie.

The passport is a winner and only the ignorant think otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:48 AM
    Its his phone. He had it set for his presentation and talking about a different way to cook a turkey then was traditionally done, showing a couple pictures of turkeys. His speech pattern changed and wasn't as fluid as he was when talking about turkey/cooking. If it was a paid for plug (which I dont believe) they should get a refund. He wasn't prepared to talk about it (passport) and sounded more like a crackberrian being asked about their phone choice at a business meeting. Besides, its Canadian tv right? Why the heck would they not ask an American why he is using a BlackBerry device.

Notice the news feed? Rolling on about iPhone and iPads..
    10-21-14 09:51 AM
    I might have to get that cookbook.
    10-21-14 10:58 AM
    I didn't watch it end to end, but I didn't hear him or the host call it by name once. Did anyone else hear the word "Passport" mentioned?

I bring it up, because if it was a paid spot, then I think they would make sure and say the name of the device at least once.
    pppro likes this.
    10-21-14 11:40 AM
    Nope, "Passport" wasn't uttered once in this interview .

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:11 PM
    It's not scripted. How many of you passport owners have to repeat the same lines to show off your device lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:13 PM
    Nope, "Passport" wasn't uttered once in this interview .

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. It's all about there being a new BlackBerry... which is all that really matters. Getting people to recognize that BlackBerry is still around and making interesting devices.
    10-21-14 12:16 PM
    It's not scripted. How many of you passport owners have to repeat the same lines to show off your device lol.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it makes me think he is a crackberrian.
    10-21-14 01:08 PM
84 1234