Super cool to see him talking it up and you know he's not just BS'ing. He's "been there, done that" with Apple, and he even mentioned BES so you know they've probably got him hooked up with BES12 early or something.

It's going to be tough to ignore when BES12 cloud comes out and can be used for personal accounts. BBM cross platform video. Could 2015/2016 be the year of BB?

With two girls starting grade school, you can bet I'm already starting to formulate my plan for security across our devices. It would be awesome for a family to be able to have BES12 as a centerpiece to manage all the tablets and phones in the home. That would be such a homerun, and I'd gladly pay $15 a month for the ability to manage 5-10 devices. Forget about all these random no-name apps offering security features on iOS/Android.
    10-20-14 08:31 AM
    WOW....great plug and way to go Global for asking/singling it out.

He is a BES client, as Security was one of the top priorities
    He doesn't want to "chase the battery", being that he travels so much
    He finds the 1:1 ratio better
    He mentioned how amazing the screen is
    He has 3 stores to pick apps and no issue with getting the apps he requires

Aside from his cooking background and promoting his new book...he mentioned that he is the CEO of 2 Tech companies and how ideal the Passport is!!!
    10-20-14 08:51 AM
    Does seem a little "plugish" but I think they / he pulled it off. One question though, he mentions 3 stores to shop from... seeing that Snap isn't officially supported, I only know of Amazon and BlackBerry store. Am I missing the official third?

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z30.
    I just assumed he's an avid CB reader and already sideloaded Snap onto his device.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:55 AM
    That was fantastic. It was better than some commercials BB made.
    AnimalPak200 and thymaster like this.
    10-20-14 09:25 AM
    I don't think it was scripted at all. If BlackBerry was going to do a product placement I'm sure they'd do it on a business-related segment. Not a turkey cooking one.

People are naturally intrigued by the Passport. I'm sure he has the CrackBerry app installed. If any one of us were on TV wouldn't we take the opportunity to show off our Passport as well?

I know I would!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure that it was bought, the whole thing seemed scripted to me. Why would he show pictures from his phone when the book was right in front of him? Then the anchor asks him about it, then he rattles off every talking point BlackBerry has about the phone in under 60sec.

Posted via CB10
    It's possible, but the anchor was holding the book as part of the segment intro, and perhaps he just wanted to quickly show some shots he had on the phone. yea, maybe he did that because he was proud of the phone, but it seems plausible to me that they simply asked a reasonable question after noticing the new BlackBerry.

Just because he rattled off talking points doesn't mean he practiced them, it just means he did his research and is enthusiastic about his device. If you asked me I could do the same on a moments notice.
    10-20-14 09:39 AM
    I just assumed he's an avid CB reader and already sideloaded Snap onto his device.

Posted via CB10
    If this is the case, it lends more to it not being a plug. If it was a BlackBerry bought plug, the message would have to be official and not include non supported options.

My 2 cents

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z30.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-20-14 09:45 AM
    I'm pretty sure that it was bought, the whole thing seemed scripted to me. Why would he show pictures from his phone when the book was right in front of him? Then the anchor asks him about it, then he rattles off every talking point BlackBerry has about the phone in under 60sec.

Posted via CB10
    Well... I think you are right, it was so perfect coming out of his mouth that is looked scripted. Now, what if it wasn't? What if this guy it's just like us, we would spit all that Out of our mouth in about the same time. Either way it was just perfect, I loved it!

Posted using the fabulous 10.3.0.1052 on my Z10
    10-20-14 10:13 AM
    People just love it ,as I do,and when somebody asks what is that ?well I do just like he did,plain and simple .
    thymaster likes this.
    10-20-14 10:16 AM
    Of course it was not scripted. Like most of us, when you have an amazing device like the Passport, how could you not show it off. I'm sure he was dying to show off the beast on live TV. I would..

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    10-20-14 10:19 AM
    That was not scripted....could not have been, but i'm sure he's given that little promo before to other people wondering what the device was. Now whether or not it was scripted for the reporters to ask him about the passport is another question lol.....that could definitely been set up. His was response was just too natural to be scripted and you could actuall see how excited he was telling people about it.....great job though!
    10-20-14 10:32 AM
    I'm so glad that BlackBerry 's new device is getting some spot light. This is great to see individuals in the media highlight this device. I really do think that this comeback was well deserved!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-20-14 11:04 AM
    Ignorance is bliss... I live a cursed life.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:05 AM
    That was an AWESOME plug!!! And Tyler hit all of the key notes that JC would have hit- amazing battery life, better screen, security focused (no data in cloud that may get hacked), messaging focused. Brilliant!! I now know just how intelligent Tyler FLorence really is!
    10-20-14 11:05 AM
    He's a big blackberry fan and enterprise client. He's got a BBM channel and promotes BlackBerry quite a bit.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:16 AM
    This is awesome that someone that doesn't work for BB is one TV showing it off, said that they like the phone and mentioned the app store(s). BBRY need to post this on their site, get him and his crew some more BBRY phones and really get the word out about this phone. This is the type of advertising that they need and I'm sure if these Passport users love the phone as much as they do, they can do a quick piece for advertising.
    10-20-14 11:24 AM
    Is it possible that the Canadian TV station focused on the BlackBerry because it's a Canadian device from a town 100 miles away? It may have well been a PR arrangement, but in context, it's not that contrived.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:29 AM
    If it had been scripted, he failed to mention that it's a /new/ BlackBerry, just released, and called the Passport, and perhaps show his passport as a comparison. Mentioning BES is over the general public's knowledge and probably the anchors as well...

He seems more like a huge enthusiast, explaining something he had explained many times before.
    10-20-14 11:35 AM
    Seemed legit to me. BlackBerry doesn't have the cash to hire a marketing firm that would even make it debatable as to whether it was a product placement or not. Also, the target audience of that segment is just NOT the target audience of that phone (which WOULD be in line with BlackBerry marketing.... did I just contradict myself? lol) I completely agree that mentioning BES with no explanation makes it seem like he's just a fan that's happy with his device
    10-20-14 11:43 AM
    Good points. Truely unbiased.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:47 AM
    Sorry guys. IMHO, that was NOT scripted.

At 2:30 mark, he picks up the phone to show pictures. The reporter lady inquired about the phone, he didn't bring it up. Likely they had no idea he was a techy individual and being from the US, I would have questioned why he used a BB as well out of curiousity.

He admits he is the "CEO of 2 tech companies", so he is familiar with the points he rattled off like BES, security, etc.

He also admits he is a "techie" so obviously, a unique phone like the passport would be intriguing.
    undone likes this.
    10-20-14 12:42 PM
    Going to hang with Tyler one day in SF. Did that with Chuck Hughes and Danny Smiles in Montreal a month ago....tons of fun!
    10-20-14 01:30 PM
    He said he has access to 3 stores so he obviously has snap installed too lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    10-20-14 01:39 PM
    Could have been as simple as he was more comfortable finding the picture on his phone, or the picture on the phone was better than the one in the book. I hear your point, but my gut feel thou is this was organic, not scripted (Similar to the Tim Allen bit on Jimmy Kimmel). If it was, then BlackBerry needs credit where credit is due, for a clever way to do this.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    I highly doubt that this was scripted, but if it was they did an awesome job of making it look organic! Love the video not only for the Passport but the Turkey cooking method looks awesome!
    10-20-14 01:42 PM
    I might try that turkey technique. This guy's great. And pretty natural seeming Passport plug, even if it was paid. Great plug.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:50 PM
84 1234