Apologies that this is probably the wrong part of the forum to post, but I'm not entirely sure where else to put it. Basically, I am a Passport owner. First time BB user too. Anyway, for whatever reason, the Classic is really appealing to me too. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how I could use the two phones with one number?

I know I could switch the SIM card between the two (would like to use Classic when a smaller phone would be more convenient), but I hate removing the back of the Passport to get to the SIM. I always feel like it's going to break. Plus, swapping sims regularly would be a pain in the backside because I have the official leather case and I'd have to keep removing the case, too.

I am on the EE network in the UK. Has anyone ever heard of having two SIM cards and one number?

Cheers
    Jb
    11-14-14 03:27 PM
    Apologies that this is probably the wrong part of the forum to post, but I'm not entirely sure where else to put it. Basically, I am a Passport owner. First time BB user too. Anyway, for whatever reason, the Classic is really appealing to me too. I was wondering if anyone has any idea how I could use the two phones with one number?

I know I could switch the SIM card between the two (would like to use Classic when a smaller phone would be more convenient), but I hate removing the back of the Passport to get to the SIM. I always feel like it's going to break. Plus, swapping sims regularly would be a pain in the backside because I have the official leather case and I'd have to keep removing the case, too.

I am on the EE network in the UK. Has anyone ever heard of having two SIM cards and one number?

Cheers
    Jb
    I think I once come across something about duplicating SIM or something like that that allows someone to listen in to another person's phone conversation or something like that, but I don't think those are legitimate stuff and probably unavailable to normal people anyway.

What about just getting two numbers and have one of them forward calls to the other? Surely that should be possible. You'll need to pay for two lines, but that seems like the simplest solution to me.
    11-14-14 03:43 PM
    You can do it if your carrier has that Service. Time ago, I had two sims whith one number. One for my car and the other one for my phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    11-14-14 03:53 PM
    It's illegal now to clone Sims, I had these same thoughts. I think I'll just get by switching the sim.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:12 PM
    Depending on your country it can be illegal if you clone it yourself. But your carrier can give you two Sims with the same number. I had two ones as I said before. My carrier is Movistar in Spain. I paid 3? for the extra sim per month.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 04:22 PM
    Thanks all. I will ask EE if they can give me another card. I can't find anything else about it online so it might not be possible. Might just have to get by switching sims annoyingly.
    11-14-14 04:59 PM
    No sure about EE in UK, but in my country all operators are offering "DualSiM" which is basically clone of your primary sim. Only one sim is working at any given moment, the last one turned on. Originally only for businesses, targeted for in-car mobile and comms systems (Volvo, Mercedes and BMW have those) .

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:49 AM
    Depends on the country you are living in. In Germany a dual sim is something rather common. As mentioned previously this is a clone of your original sim. And you can operate only one phone at any time.

But there is also (Vodafone Germany) a triple sim where all three phones can be operated with the same number simultaneously. Only problem is SMS, Whatsapp and the like as these services are bound to one specific phone. Phone calls however are not a problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:02 AM