Thanks
    09-25-14 11:41 AM
    Looks like the prices are slowly starting to fall, which is a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:58 AM
    I wonder if they have any in stock ?
    09-25-14 12:38 PM
    439 Pounds is definitely a step in the right direction....

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:10 PM
    seems pretty damn fair price I say, if they actually have stock. I will let you know tuesday.

oops. let that one slip didn't i...
    439 Pounds is definitely a step in the right direction....

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:52 PM
    Where is the rip off? 485 inclusive of vat is 404 ex vat. 404 pounds is about 650 dollars so 50 dollars more than the USA - which is, what, 30 pounds. Big deal. Tech is always more in the UK than the US - 30 pounds more certainly no top off IMO

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, too many theatrics on here lately. I got mine today for 60 pounds up front, unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 1Gb data 4G enabled on O2 for 28 pounds a month. Carphone Warehouse :yess

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    09-26-14 03:18 PM
    Very good price. Actually tempted and running a sim only contract with Three. Will probably give it another week yet though .

I spoke to a Three employee on the phone earlier today and he said they have had a significant amount of calls regarding the Blackberry Passport and to keep an eye on the Discover page for any updates.
    09-26-14 03:31 PM
    Look at all the crying! BlackBerry is a Canadian company and they are paying the most for it! They didn't even off Canada the sale price.

Quit your ********.

Oh and I laugh at the comment Canadians get high quality heath care and accessible post secondary education! You must not live here or you have were born with a silver spoon in your mouth! Canada health care is terrible and education is accessible if you're from Asia and wealthy!

Posted via CB10
    Brian Scasta likes this.
    09-26-14 04:02 PM
    I don't think that it about ripping off people from outside the US. It's about giving the US a deal since the phone is not available from any of the carriers. So that means that right now, nobody can get a deal on the phone through a contract. The discount will stop once it launches on ATT. Who knows when that will be though. .

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:17 PM
    I don't think that it about ripping off people from outside the US. It's about giving the US a deal since the phone is not available from any of the carriers. So that means that right now, nobody can get a deal on the phone through a contract. The discount will stop once it launches on ATT. Who knows when that will be though. .

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't make me feel any better!!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:09 AM
    Look at all the crying! BlackBerry is a Canadian company and they are paying the most for it! They didn't even off Canada the sale price.

Quit your ********.

Oh and I laugh at the comment Canadians get high quality heath care and accessible post secondary education! You must not live here or you have were born with a silver spoon in your mouth! Canada health care is terrible and education is accessible if you're from Asia and wealthy!

Posted via CB10
    Nar, the UK are paying the most, as per!!

Posted via CB10
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    09-27-14 03:10 AM
    Looks like the place to buy for me! Thanks.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-27-14 03:24 AM
    only if you don't shop around its starting to appear though. I'd say 439 GBP is the perfectly reasonable price for this myself, and if you want one, I'd urge you to get it that way? I've ordered so if you want a reliability report I can update you if you like? I mean when(if???) it turns up - allegedly tuesday I'm told.
    Nar, the UK are paying the most, as per!!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:34 AM
    only if you don't shop around its starting to appear though. I'd say 439 GBP is the perfectly reasonable price for this myself, and if you want one, I'd urge you to get it that way? I've ordered so if you want a reliability report I can update you if you like? I mean when(if???) it turns up - allegedly tuesday I'm told.
    Yes please, keep us posted..

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:08 AM
    anyone ordered from here got their unit? there is no actual info on whether they have stock ready to ship out or not so dubious about ordering from there
    09-27-14 06:21 AM
    599 Dollars is equivalent to 366 Pounds. Most American states levy a sales taxes too like our VAT. So you defending the indefensible!! It's a rip off whichever way you look at it. BlackBerry should be looking after those countries who have kept it afloat, the USA isn't one of them!!

Posted via CB10
    False. Guaranteed that the US is giving them more revenue than UK currently. Just because the market share is low and they get pummeled in the press doesn't mean this isn't an important market for them.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-27-14 07:43 AM
    MobilePhonesDirect are selling the device officially from Monday! My friend spoke to them this morning and they confirmed that shipping will start on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:44 AM
    looks borne out by the shipping notice I just received. Says next working day delivery which I would assume means monday, but probably actually means tuesday. Certainly that's what I was told on friday. Fingers crossed...
    MobilePhonesDirect are selling the device officially from Monday! My friend spoke to them this morning and they confirmed that shipping will start on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Pricing is a bit higher everywhere than the US - they've discounted that market to try and get some interest in it, because if they can get that toe hold back in the States, they are right in the game. So it's a perfectly reasonable strategy.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:05 AM
    will do. Can't beleive I'm helping Noseybonk. That guy gave me nightmares as a kid.....

Yes please, keep us posted..

Posted via CB10
    TheNoseybonk likes this.
    09-27-14 08:07 AM
    599 Dollars is equivalent to 366 Pounds. Most American states levy a sales taxes too like our VAT. So you defending the indefensible!! It's a rip off whichever way you look at it. BlackBerry should be looking after those countries who have kept it afloat, the USA isn't one of them!!

Posted via CB10
    Question, why do you think it should be priced the same as in the US?

A lot of other things aren't priced the same from one country to the next. Shipping expenses and VAT as well as other duties impact price.

For example my car cost nearly $100,000 more in Germany even though it was built in Germany. No difference than a Jag cost nearly 30% more in the UK than in the States, and yet they are built in the UK.

Did you think that BlackBerry has to offset their cost because of added stuff that the UK give mentioned imposes?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:13 AM
    Also the US and it's States don't nearly come close to the taxes in the UK.
    09-27-14 08:17 AM
    So what you're saying is big companies like to screw us over in different territories. We all know that. All well and good - if you like a product enough, everything has its price and you pay it. The power is in the hands of companies such as BMW or Mercedes (did i guess right?) or Jaguar.

HOWEVER. Do you think BlackBerry are in a position to play by those rules? I was under the impression they are struggling for survival. Consumer has one power. The power to buy or not to buy. Bigger companies, the power is in their hands i.e. don't like it, don't buy it. For BlackBerry they need to play a smarter game i.e. the game of survival.

I don't like getting screwed out of my money by big companies. This is one case where you don't have to lay down and take it. Shop around, hold of buying , there are a number of options here. I know one thing, i'm not a charity, and if BlackBerry want to pull out of their current nose dive, they day they recognise where the balance of power has shifted to will be the day they stand a chance of survival.

Lots of people in this thread seem to fail to recognise the practicalities in their attempts to cheer lead for BlackBerry here.
    Question, why do you think it should be priced the same as in the US?

A lot of other things aren't the same prices from country to country. Shipping expenses and VAT as well as other duties impact price.

For example my car cost nearly $100,000 more in Germany even though it was built in Germany. No difference than a Jag cost nearly 30% more in the UK than in the States, and yet they are built in the UK.

Did you think that BlackBerry has to offset their cost because of added stuff that the UK give mentioned imposes?

Posted via CB10
    TheNoseybonk likes this.
    09-27-14 08:25 AM
    A number of USA states do not charge sales tax.
    ??? Out of 50 States in the US only 5 do not charge sales tax.

Alaska gets serious oil subsidy monies that allows them to forgo sales tax, whereas the other 4 charge higher state income tax and/or property taxes instead.

The States that do not have sakes tax are Alaska, Oregon, Delaware, Montana and New Hampshire.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:28 AM
    That argument would only be of merit, if the product was made in the USA and/or distributed from the USA. In these cases it would be understandable for the product to be cheaper in the USA as shipping would be cheaper in a domestic market.

The Passport is manufactured in China, so shipping would be cheaper to the UK then the USA. In addition Blackberry's European/International offices are in the UK. So it should actually be cheaper or nearer the same price. I am not sure how sales tax works in Canada, however in the UK business never pays sales tax, the end consumer does, all businesses do is facilitate the collection of the taxes from the consumer.
    The Passport is manufactured in MEXICO, not China.

Posted via CB10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    09-27-14 08:30 AM
66 123