I have a problem with the way twitter is guzzling my data on my passport. Tell me if someone else is experiencing the same. Advise of any solution if available.

Twitter App data hogging-img_20150711_164001.png

All smartphones bow to my BlackBerry Passport
    07-14-15 12:23 PM
    Same here. I think reinstall is the only solution for now.
    07-14-15 12:50 PM
    Same here. I think reinstall is the only solution for now.
    I have tried that twice but no change.

07-14-15 03:17 PM
    Have you tried third party? Blaq for example?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 05:52 PM
    Have you tried third party? Blaq for example?

Posted via CB10
    No I haven't...I tried twittly but didn't like the interface and constant reminders that iam using it..Plus the ads were pushing me to the edge.

07-15-15 12:54 AM
    I analyzed this a year ago. A problem is that the stock Twitter app executes a complete refresh of the timeline after each post. And you can't deny this. If you post some characters of text this should cause a message of about 7 kB including all the complicated OAuth authorization stuff. (If you post via the Hub or the Assistent exactly this and nothing else happens.) But the stock Twitter app does a refresh then, after each post, and this seems to be not very intelligent. Probably it not only downloads a large number of your (already known) messages in your timeline but also pictures and other stuff. This causes indeed a traffic of several hundred kB for each damned post of a few characters, it's a brainless overkill. Other apps like Blaq do this much better and cause much less data traffic. I say don't use the stock Twitter app except you are on wifi.
    07-15-15 01:22 AM
    I analyzed this a year ago. A problem is that the stock Twitter app executes a complete refresh of the timeline after each post. And you can't deny this. If you post some characters of text this should cause a message of about 7 kB including all the complicated OAuth authorization stuff. (If you post via the Hub or the Assistent exactly this and nothing else happens.) But the stock Twitter app does a refresh then, after each post, and this seems to be not very intelligent. Probably it not only downloads a large number of your (already known) messages in your timeline but also pictures and other stuff. This causes indeed a traffic of several hundred kB for each damned post of a few characters, it's a brainless overkill. Other apps like Blaq do this much better and cause much less data traffic. I say don't use the stock Twitter app except you are on wifi.
    ^This. Either don't use the stock Twitter for BlackBerry, or just keep in mind to close the app once you're done using it. Leave it in active frame and it'll continue to leech your data until you realize it when your phone bill arrives.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 01:50 AM
    Leave it in active frame and it'll continue to leech your data until you realize it when your phone bill arrives.
    The automatic background refreshes are still another problem you have to know. On BB7 and earlier you could switch this completely off. This option has disappered silently in BB10.
    07-15-15 02:00 AM
    I love twitter but I cant understand how one app is munching more than half of all my data allocation

07-30-15 12:30 PM