Hey guys and gals. First time I'm posting this since I feel I've now seen enough to talk about it.

I've now owned and sold about 10+ passports. Always have one while I'm reselling another. I've come to realize that each one comes with a unique personality. No two are built the same. Not one is perfect. Yet I love it for what it is.

Of the ten or twelve I've owned one had dead pixels on arrival. 2 were double taped. Never had screen lifting or double typing issue with any. Light bleed on all at various places.

This latest one that I'm using is a red one that was built June 3rd 2015 so literally less than two weeks ago.

The keys are very non clicky. Almost to the point of not being able to type well. Especially the space bar.

The light bleed is fierce, especially over space bar under H. The space bar is so hard to press that I'm debating whether to finish this post at all since it's so unpleasant to write.

Next to me is a week old black one built in November of 14. Its keys have far more travel and much more clicky. It has less light bleed but has the typical squeak when you press the plastic next to the p key and q key.

I am pretty sure this pretty red phone is going bye bye and I will be sticking to my black last year built one.

I know I may be insane but this has become some sort of sick twisted hobby of mine.

Having said all that please don't take this as a knocking post. As I've said I believe each unit comes with a unique quirky personality.

Even with all its imperfections and quirks, I love this phone a lot. The only other phone which had all kinds of quirks and I loved dearly (same deal went through lots) was the unlocked Nokia 1520.3.

So, I will continue my quest of trying to find the one perfectly built passport while allowing others to experience them by reselling them for a cheaper price. The only ones I will not resell are ones with actual factory defects (like the one with the dead pixels).

I believe that no matter how hard you try you will never have 2 passports that are the same (like a typical samsung or iphone).

Good night!

Posted via Passport.
    06-16-15 12:39 AM
    It must be an expensive hobby.
    06-16-15 01:33 AM
    Sell me a cheap one

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:16 AM
    All sqaure version? Tried the att one yet?
    06-16-15 07:24 AM
    I just like the title of your thread! Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:39 AM
    If there is one thing that BlackBerry is consistent with, that is for being inconsistent with their units...

Posted via CB10
    Sayumi Whisp likes this.
    06-16-15 07:45 AM
    If there is one thing that BlackBerry is consistent with, that is for being inconsistent with their units...

Posted via CB10
    That is a 100% true statement.

And to the other poster yes I've tried the att version. IMHO it was the best built passport out of all of them.

I did not like att though and went back to tmobile.

Posted via Passport.
    06-16-15 08:54 AM