This actually may be an OS question....I just got the PP yesterday, and I cannot figure out how to get two spaces after a sentence (without placing the cursor after the sentence is typed - and there goes any productivity out the window). It always "auto corrects" to one space. My whole addiction to BB originates from insisting on a physical keyboard, but my little perfectionism slight-OCD problem makes the few texts/emails I've sent so far extremely time-consuming. I didn't have this issue on the Curve or Torch - so it may be the newer OS?
    I've searched through several threads - but I only see a double-typing issue, and I haven't encountered that at all.
    I adore this phone already - please say I can change the auto-correct space thing. I can't be the only person that still uses full sentences, with actual capitalization and punctuation? I finally stopped typing <g> because I was the only one doing it.
    05-03-15 12:50 PM
    Settings ->
    Language and input ->
    Prediction and correction->
    Turn off period shortcut

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:02 PM
    I did find that yesterday and turned it off, but still get the same behavior. There isn't an "Apply" button I'm missing, or restart or something?
    05-03-15 01:07 PM
    I just turned mine off and I can have as many spaces as I want know just annoying to put the (.) in, but that's just me

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:13 PM
    I'll work with it some more...but I see that even this post "auto corrects" my two spaces after a sentence to one space. Ugggg. Guess grammar goes the way of chivalry...
    05-03-15 01:16 PM
    I think the period correction just changes two spaces to a period. If you have already typed a period, two spaces get converted to one.

If you really must have multiple sentence spacing, then why not just add three spaces? It bypasses the autocorrect and is hardly noticeable as more than two anyway.

I'll continue to be satisfied with one space...
    05-03-15 01:23 PM
    I have been experimenting with three. It's just that I have a little perfectionism, innate editor thing going on...and am really having a hard time with one space or three, when my inner brain is shouting that two is correct. Thanks for all the quick replies and suggestions. At least I can still type your and you're without "auto correct" changing it to ur.
    05-03-15 01:29 PM
    Wow ive never noticed this behavior .
    Can I ask what do you use the double space for?
    05-03-15 02:19 PM
    I believe it's still grammatically correct to have two spaces after a sentence? Although, even this posting software switches my double spaces to one space when it posts. I'm now a real estate broker and even though most new real estate apps are for iphone, I insist on a physical keyboard so I can be mobile and send complete emails. Making a huge financial investment seems better with someone using full sentences, right?! Or that might just be me. (I used to be a MS keyboard program manager in a former life, so I'm all for technology but still respect language.) I guess I'm going to have to give this up, along with the <g> that I still miss.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-03-15 02:28 PM
    I believe it's still grammatically correct to have two spaces after a sentence? Although, even this posting software switches my double spaces to one space when it posts. I'm now a real estate broker and even though most new real estate apps are for iphone, I insist on a physical keyboard so I can be mobile and send complete emails. Making a huge financial investment seems better with someone using full sentences, right?! Or that might just be me. (I used to be a MS keyboard program manager in a former life, so I'm all for technology but still respect language.) I guess I'm going to have to give this up, along with the <g> that I still miss.
    I was always taught that it's only one space after a period. I'm guessing BlackBerry thinks the same. What region are you in as I'm curious about the difference in punctuation?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 02:35 PM
    US. Northwest born and bred. When I started traveling a bit for work, my dad did tell me to be careful - that I could offend entire countries. But he was joking. (I hope.) (Being a passionate and outspoken female doesn't fly in all countries, but I mean no disrespect. I just need that on the record. ; ))
    05-03-15 02:45 PM
    Double space after period is considered outdated nowadays by most style manuals. It was used when people still used typewriters.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sente...d_style_guides

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-03-15 02:59 PM
    type, double space for old type writters because they were monospaced, hard to tell the space between a sentence or a word so the double space made it obvious. Now with computers, the fonts make the letter spacing obvious from one word to another.
    Laura Knotek and kbz1960 like this.
    05-03-15 03:06 PM
    type, double space for old type writters because they were monospaced, hard to tell the space between a sentence or a word so the double space made it obvious. Now with computers, the fonts make the letter spacing obvious from one word to another.
    That is correct. If someone received an email that contained double spaces at the end of each sentence, the recipient would probably feel that the sender was "old-fashioned".

05-03-15 03:12 PM
    Wow I never noticed that on my Z10. Pretty interesting. But tbh, I haven't seen anyone type with 2 spaces in years

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-03-15 03:26 PM
    That's hilarious and weird.
    05-03-15 03:29 PM
    Wow I never noticed that on my Z10. Pretty interesting. But tbh, I haven't seen anyone type with 2 spaces in years

Posted via CB10
    The last time I typed with two spaces was when I used a typewriter. That was in the late 80s. The default spacing on Microsoft Office is single space at the end of a sentence.

05-03-15 03:31 PM
    As others have mentioned, while a lot of people still use the old double-space convention, it's not recommended in any current style manual (it's not necessary since we stopped using typewriters, and it breaks up the visual flow of the paragraph). And don't get me started on people that insist on using the whole "number in words followed by bracketed number in characters" in legal documents (i.e. "in five (5) days..."). So annoying.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-03-15 08:16 PM
    As others have mentioned, while a lot of people still use the old double-space convention, it's not recommended in any current style manual (it's not necessary since we stopped using typewriters, and it breaks up the visual flow of the paragraph). And don't get me started on people that insist on using the whole "number in words followed by bracketed number in characters" in legal documents (i.e. "in five (5) days..."). So annoying.
    How else would I know that five is also 5?! And not 2??!
    05-03-15 11:38 PM
    I agree with the OP on this one. Two spaces after a period makes a sentence stand out more clearly from its neighbour - especially with the tiny print these new screens are able to produce. For me, the period is almost invisible on this amazing Passport display. The quickest way I have found to get the double-space is to tap the space bar 4 times and backspace once. I can't imagine doing that every time but for those few letters where I want to impress I'll do it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 09:15 AM
    I agree with the OP on this one. Two spaces after a period makes a sentence stand out more clearly from its neighbour - especially with the tiny print these new screens are able to produce. For me, the period is almost invisible on this amazing Passport display. The quickest way I have found to get the double-space is to tap the space bar 4 times and backspace once. I can't imagine doing that every time but for those few letters where I want to impress I'll do it.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that's the most annoying thing I've ever had to read. Who exactly are you trying impress? If this is from time of typewriters...
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-04-15 12:37 PM
    Just say no to double-spaces on electronic messages. Seriously, that ended in 1970.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    05-04-15 01:57 PM
    Proper spacing and etc when typing has slowly gone the way of Dodo bird with the advent if computer based word processing and proportional spacing. On typewriters, every letter and space takes up the same amount on linear space and proper (added) spacing made reading a typed document easier. But with word processors Spring is relative to the size of each letter. Even the spaces themselves are not the same size. If that is your only problem with auto correct........

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-04-15 02:48 PM
    Blackberry should add this option to the top-10 laundry list of ridiculous requests from customers!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:57 PM
    Wow that's the most annoying thing I've ever had to read. Who exactly are you trying impress? .
    Really? You sound very delicate.

Just say no to double-spaces on electronic messages. Seriously, that ended in 1970.
    Posted via CB10
    It didn't end in the seventies but most people might have stopped caring
    then. I don't change my style to follow any fashion. I look at the paragraph, consider the recipient and do what I think adds to the clarity. It's not very hard.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:59 PM
27 12